Free Bottle of Wine @ the Steakhouse?

Lyncoya

I leave for my Conquest Cruise in 3 weeks. I just received an email that says you receive a free bottle of wine on the first or SECOND night of the cruise if you dine in the steakhouse.

Can someone confirm that you now receive it on the second night as well? I thought it was only on the first.

• 1 month later...

When you buy the other bottles, will they hold it in the back where we can get it at reg. dinner. Or do we just have to take them with us to the room then bring back to dinner next night, and if so will they charge us corkage fee even though we bought on ship.Thanks

Can you take the free bottle with you?

DW and I have first-night reservations on our upcoming cruise, but neither of us drink. MIL is too frugal to eat at the Steakhouse, but drinks wine. Her favorite flavor is free. Can we bring our free bottle to her rather than let it go to waste?

I dined in the Steakhouse on Miracle for my birthday and receive a free bottle of "Layer Cake" cab. It was nice. $37 on the ship, $13 at Total Wine & More. Cute title, esp. for a birthday.

It was the second night of the cruise.

Can you take the free bottle with you?

DW and I have first-night reservations on our upcoming cruise, but neither of us drink. MIL is too frugal to eat at the Steakhouse, but drinks wine. Her favorite flavor is free. Can we bring our free bottle to her rather than let it go to waste?

You can but they may or may not insist on opening it at the table. If so insist on getting the cork.

We find the free bottle worth what we paid for it. In future would do the 50% off bottle

I dined in the Steakhouse on Miracle for my birthday and receive a free bottle of "Layer Cake" cab. It was nice. $37 on the ship, $13 at Total Wine & More. Cute title, esp. for a birthday.

It was the second night of the cruise.

Never heard of them offering free bottle for birthday before.

Unless you are prone to eating at the steakhouse anyway, the wine is not free....you will be spending an extra $35 pp just to get that "free" bottle of wine. Better off just ordering a decent wine with the money you would spend for the dinner for 2 (probably for less money as well).

Unless you are prone to eating at the steakhouse anyway, the wine is not free....you will be spending an extra $35 pp just to get that "free" bottle of wine. Better off just ordering a decent wine with the money you would spend for the dinner for 2 (probably for less money as well).

I really doubt anyone is eating at the steakhouse exclusively for the free bottle of wine. At best it is an incentive for guests to make their visit on the first two nights of the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really doubt anyone is eating at the steakhouse exclusively for the free bottle of wine.

LOL...Really??? Look, use the word "free" and you have those that will book just to get the free bottle...human nature when the word "free" is used...;p

Is there anyone who has recently purchased multiple bottles of wine on the first night at 50% off? After searching it seems like people "have done it" in the past, but I can't find anyone who has confirmed it very recently.

If so, it would be a great deal to buy a bunch at 50% off, even if they have to uncork them.

kind of a strange thought process, yes the wine is free. They do not want the wine. They are bringing it to their MIL. She wants a FREE bottle.

We don't drink, so I tell them we will take a white wine back to our room. They usually bring an unchilled bottle back to the table. Only once did the hostess "have to go ask the manager, because we are used to pouring it." I know nothing of wine, their names, or its quality since I only use white wine to make shrimp scampi. I know on our most recent cruise they brought back Stemmler Pinot Noir if that means anything to anyone.

I have seen a few times on some ship that I don't remember that they had free wine on the first night at the Italian restaurant.

Read Moviela's post.
I did. She said she dined on the second night (which is a night that offers FREE wine). It just also happened to be her birthday. That part was a coincidence. Trust me' date=' I cruise on my birthday ever single year (leaving Friday). They offer free wine on the first and second nights of the cruise to everyone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app