Upgrade to black card question

clo6216

We are going on Divina in October, our first MSC cruise. I applied for and received black card matching status based on my diamond RCCL membership. My husband, however, had jumped the gun and got matching status a while back before he was a diamond member so he received gold status. He has not cruised MSC before. Since he now has diamond status on RCCL and elite on Celebrity, does anyone know if he can upgrade his matching status to a black card now, or is it a one time thing?

As Bret said, one time only. However, from my limited experience, MSC isn't exactly renown for being on top of things. It would be worth a try-just be aware of probable failure.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Have you contacted them? They put mine through without contacting me......

Mine, too. However, when I signed up for an account, my Voyager number and match were listed. If you don't see it online, reapply. I did that with my husband's application.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Mine, too. However, when I signed up for an account, my Voyager number and match were listed. If you don't see it online, reapply. I did that with my husband's application.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I didn't have to reapply, I just contacted them and they confirmed my status match went through, so I suppose there are two options.

We recieved our numbers, I tried registering them. The site said look for email to activate. No email has come. When I try again, same statement. Meanwhile, we want to finish the info for our upcoming cruise, and when we enter our numbers, they aren't active. Very fustrated

Safe sailing

When you receive the status match, how many points is it equated to? H was status matched to Silver how many points is that equal to. I will wait until I get to Platinum on NCL before I apply

Silver equates to 2200 points

Gold equates to 4300 points

Black equates to 10000 points

Thanks . we are both Gold on NCL, 5 pts shy of PLatnium. I have been advised to wait to apply for the match. I will lose the pts for our upcoming Divina cruise by not joining, but it will Be worth it should we cruise again with MSC by waiting. To be honest, I am more excited about the cruise than the benefits of membership!!! 65 days to go!!!

Still waiting to hear from MSC about my status match to black. It has been at least two months.

I would call. I got my status match within 24 hours. My DH's did not come right away so I contacted them and then he got his within about 24 hours of the contact.