Princess eZAir

JP-Cruise

You can purchase EZair Economy, Premium Economy, Business or First. Or are you asking about using airline miles to upgrade? I’ve never attempted to do that so don’t know if that’s possible.

You can arrive early or return later and can even use some alternative airports. So if you wanted to arrive early at a different airport to tour another area that’s okay. Although you’d need to get other transportation to Sydney for your cruise.

Thank you so much. I want to go to Syd a week ahead.

Are the prices for premium cabinets better than the airlines. I have mileage, but have so many places to go.....what to do. I want business on this long flight.

Are the prices for premium cabinets better than the airlines. I have mileage, but have so many places to go.....what to do. I want business on this long flight.

The class of ticket sold by EzAir isn't eligible for mileage upgrades. I have found most EzAir tickets are cheaper than the airline fares . You can book flights to travel about 30 before and after cruise.

Just to give you a recent example: flying r/t for 2 on Delta One (Business/First Class) from Las Vegas to London in May. EZ Air price $5200. Delta website: $12,500. No joke....

I’ve he difference even more. In some cases I found business class on EzAir cheaper than buying an economy class from the airline.

Based on posts I’ve read, premium airfares for international flights from the US can be much cheaper.

You’re considering next year & if you can find a similar flight to SYD you could view current prices. Picking a random date (1/9/19) for Business roundtrip from PIT to SYD it’s $7800 (Flexible) or $5600 (Restricted).

I just checked the cost of a one-way business class ticket from Copenhagen to my home town on the same date I'll be flying -- If the currency converter I used is correct, a ticket is over $5600. Got ours through EZ Air for just over $1300 each (and got to select our seats at the time of booking - maybe because it was business class? Not sure). BIG savings using EZ Air.

But, other times, I book our flights independently - we flew to Anchorage for our Alaska cruise last year. Did my own booking as all the EZ Air flights would have you arrive in the middle of the night (and then wait on the shuttle to ship). We flew in the day before & spent the night near the airport. Hotel had shuttle back to the airport which we used to get there for our Princess transfer. We used EZ air on the return from Vancouver because the price of a one-way ticket was a lot cheaper than booking the same flight on our own.

The class of ticket sold by EzAir isn't eligible for mileage upgrades. I have found most EzAir tickets are cheaper than the airline fares . You can book flights to travel about 30 before and after cruise.

We were able to upgrade our American flight in January using miles (25,00) and $350 each, to business class lay flat seats from Nebraska to Buenos Aires, so it can be done. Business class seats were selling for much, much more than our total investment and so worth the price on the red-eye flight.

We did have to apply for the upgrade and did not know until a couple of days ahead of the flight whether we got it or not.

Coming back was on an airline we don't have miles for and was pretty miserable, even though we paid for an upgrade to premium economy.

Another good thing was that the flight to Buenos Aires was originally to go from Omaha to Charlotte to Miami, have quite a good layover and then on to Buenos Aires. When we got to the airport had a text saying our flight times had changed. Talked to the front desk, they agreed we could no longer make the flight in Charlotte for Miami and changed us to a flight to Dallas and then on to Buenos Aires. They didn't even hesitate, just got it done.

Much more direct and we kept our business class seats! Win-win.

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2018 at 8:39 PM, Nebr.cruiser said:

We were able to upgrade our American flight in January using miles (25,00) and $350 each, to business class lay flat seats from Nebraska to Buenos Aires, so it can be done. Business class seats were selling for much, much more than our total investment and so worth the price on the red-eye flight.

We did have to apply for the upgrade and did not know until a couple of days ahead of the flight whether we got it or not.

Coming back was on an airline we don't have miles for and was pretty miserable, even though we paid for an upgrade to premium economy.

Another good thing was that the flight to Buenos Aires was originally to go from Omaha to Charlotte to Miami, have quite a good layover and then on to Buenos Aires. When we got to the airport had a text saying our flight times had changed. Talked to the front desk, they agreed we could no longer make the flight in Charlotte for Miami and changed us to a flight to Dallas and then on to Buenos Aires. They didn't even hesitate, just got it done.

Much more direct and we kept our business class seats! Win-win.

Some airlines say outright no if you ask them. I've talked to Air Canada and Westjet (both Canadian) . They both said that the class of fares cant be upgraded with points or cash. With Air Canada I was able to bid on an upgrfed ticket. The bid cost usually ran about 50% to 60% of the difference between Economy and Business.

3 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

Some airlines say outright no if you ask them. I've talked to Air Canada and Westjet (both Canadian) . They both said that the class of fares cant be upgraded with points or cash. With Air Canada I was able to bid on an upgrfed ticket. The bid cost usually ran about 50% to 60% of the difference between Economy and Business.

I did talk to American and they said we could use our miles to upgrade; we do have gold status, so perhaps that helped.  But, I agree, there is no guarantee and even on our flight we were only upgraded because space became available.

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2017 at 8:51 AM, JP-Cruise said:

Hello, I am taking my first Cruise with Princess next summer. Everyone who has booked their flights through eZair, do you really save money by doing this rather then booking your flight independently? I am just wondering if it is worth it for me. I am flying to Fairbanks and doing the land portion first, then the cruise part so I won't be worrying about catching my cruise on time. Feel free to share any experiences or advice. Thanks

What I like most about ezair is that after I book a cruise (leaving only a deposit) and also booking the airfare - I check almost weekly as sometimes their airfare sales are fabulous.  We flew from SFO to LAX and back for free.  We flew to SFO to London and then JFK to SFO for a total EACH of $1i88.00 round trip.   So after you are completely booked using flexible fares, you can cancel to get a better deal up to a certain date.  Keep looking as it is worthwhile.

19 minutes ago, icats75 said:

What is the benefit of requesting early ticketing?  

with early ticketing it means you paid for the airfare already.  I recently learned I can't upgrade my seats for extra legroom until I make the final payment for a trip we are taking.

39 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

with early ticketing it means you paid for the airfare already.  I recently learned I can't upgrade my seats for extra legroom until I make the final payment for a trip we are taking.

So, if I were to pay for my airfare in full now, would I still be able to cancel my flights, if needed, without any fees?

1 hour ago, icats75 said:

So, if I were to pay for my airfare in full now, would I still be able to cancel my flights, if needed, without any fees?

Once airfare is paid in full and tickets issued . The fare become a restricted fare. Princess issues the tickets 45 days before the cruise. Hope this answers your question?

10 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

Once airfare is paid in full and tickets issued . The fare become a restricted fare. Princess issues the tickets 45 days before the cruise. Hope this answers your question?

Yes, thank you! My main concern with waiting to pay is that we will lose our seats.  However, I would much prefer to keep the flexibility of being able to cancel or modify our flights since our trip isn't until the end of July.  

Thanks for the help 🙂