Rci app

42 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

That did not work.

Sailing on BR, ID, AL, OV(2x) and VI

Do you have a tablet or another phone you can try installing the app on?  I would like to try to isolate it to that device, OS,  or possibly your account.

Edit.

Wait a minute.  I am now receiving that error message for my July 2020 Oasis cruise.  Previously it would ask me to check back in closer to sailing.  I think it is just a poorly written message for cruises that have sail dates that have not been added to the app.  The app goes to March 2020 or so.  The app is working fine for my Feb 2020 cruise on Anthem.

Edited by soremekun

49 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Do you have a tablet or another phone you can try installing the app on?  I would like to try to isolate it to that device, OS,  or possibly your account.

Edit.

Wait a minute.  I am now receiving that error message for my July 2020 Oasis cruise.  Previously it would ask me to check back in closer to sailing.  I think it is just a poorly written message for cruises that have sail dates that have not been added to the app.  The app goes to March 2020 or so.  The app is working fine for my Feb 2020 cruise on Anthem.

I was thinking the same thing, thanks again for your help.

51 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Seems the texting feature has perhaps slipped ( I think it was planned for 2-3 qt) in further deployment.

image.png.75e250a145360cd8b84a3a61986b1815.png

The texting feature is enabled on the Celebrity versions of the app for a few ships. It worked for a few days on Celebrity Reflection last week. When it worked it was great. I got notifications on my phone and on my Apple Watch I gor haptic feedback. When it stopped working, messages would not send none could figure out why. 

38 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The texting feature is enabled on the Celebrity versions of the app for a few ships. It worked for a few days on Celebrity Reflection last week. When it worked it was great. I got notifications on my phone and on my Apple Watch I gor haptic feedback. When it stopped working, messages would not send none could figure out why. 

What were some of the troubleshooting steps you performed?

• 2 weeks later...

I want to give Royal credit for the iPhone app. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. I just got off an eight night Anthem cruise and I used the app frequently. The ability to view dining room menus, build out my own custom schedule and view my expenses was great. I'm not comparing it to any other cruise line and there's a lot more it could potentially do and allow for, but for where it is today, I think it's good.