Rci app

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can check to see what ships are supported in the app - just choose other ships and it will list the 12 ships currently supported.

I was hoping the app store description would show which ones were just added so I could report the additions here. I guess if anybody is interested to see if their ship has been added they can download the app and give it a try.

Edited by FrankNBrew

On 12/9/2018 at 1:31 AM, SASMITH said:

So it says you can check in at port without going to counter on the App with "Expedited Arrival Boarding Program". What exactly does this mean & how does it work? On Symphony I believe..

Actually, you don't need the app for expedited boarding, just have your printed seapass and your passport.

On 12/8/2018 at 7:56 PM, jean-lynd said:

I just logged into the ap to see if anything had changed and I noticed that the ship time is wrong now.  Any idea how I can fix that? We sale on Allure in February.  Thanks for your help!

Well - just logged in again and the sip time is correct again!  Hope it stays this time!  Now, if only my calendar items would come over from the cruise planner!

I've just downloaded the app now that the ship I'm sailing on next is supported.  Sailing on Harmony but not till Feb 2020.  At moment it's just showing my reservation information and says to check back at a later time.   I'm assuming any features I can use on the app will be later on.   Anyone know what features etc I can expect from the app on Harmony?

• 2 weeks later...

Was just checking the Royal app to see by chance if the LOS has been added yet for our Jan 6th sailing and its on there now 🙂  Quick question, if the ships are live on the app does that mean we will be able to text each other while onboard(I know different ships have different functions on the app)?  Is there a cost for this?

It also lists Izumi Express in the dinning tab, says deck 5 midship but when you click the link to bring up the deck I don't see it in the RP.  Does Liberty have an Izumi?  Or is this just a flaw?

Glad its been added, kinda cool to see the planner already

I can confirmed the Royal App now includes Liberty of the Seas.   It shows up on my upcoming LOS in March next year.   Not sure about texting on the Royal App for LOS.   Last time on Oasis,  Royal App doesn't support texting.

Edited by StrikeEagle

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, whitshel said:

Was just checking the Royal app to see by chance if the LOS has been added yet for our Jan 6th sailing and its on there now 🙂  Quick question, if the ships are live on the app does that mean we will be able to text each other while onboard(I know different ships have different functions on the app)?  Is there a cost for this?

It also lists Izumi Express in the dinning tab, says deck 5 midship but when you click the link to bring up the deck I don't see it in the RP.  Does Liberty have an Izumi?  Or is this just a flaw?

Izumi on Liberty is just a kiosk on the promenade

On 12/25/2018 at 1:03 PM, whitshel said:

So far the only ship that I have seen that has supported texting is the Allure.  It is free and now works quite well.

Just had the chance to use the "old" RCI app recently on Ovation, while also using the new one on Oasis earlier last year.

Honestly...they both do some basic things "OK"...but they also both have plenty of "opportunity" for improvement. App performance is only fair, and the existing features are mostly redundant presentations of existing information provided elsewhere, with little interactive user experiences. Onboard "chat" texting (for free without WIFI service) to other passengers remains a highly desired capability that currently doesn't meet plenty of passenger expectations based on multiple conversations in the main dining room on a recent cruise.

As long as RCI treats their technology items like a "hobby" instead of strategic consumer-facing part of their business that warrant quality tech resources (yes...that includes their website)...they're going to turn off plenty of folks towards long-term loyalty - and this is coming from a historically loyal RCI customer 1 cruise shy of Diamond.

They should not include the Compass in the app if they cannot make it accurate. What good does it do to have it if you have to refer back to the printed Compass to be sure you have the right information? If anything, the electronic Compass should be the more accurate one as it could be updated at any time. The printed one is what it is once it goes to print.

23 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

As long as RCI treats their technology items like a "hobby" instead of strategic consumer-facing part of their business that warrant quality tech resources (yes...that includes their website)..

CEO Fain certainly talks up their digital offerings as such.

I downloaded the mobile app.  It has a great list of things to do for each day, and it has a blank personal calendar.  Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way of putting the activities, shows, etc. on my calendar.  Anyone know how this works?  

If you see something on the app that you want to add, swipe left on the activity, and it will be added to your calendar.  

It doesn’t appear you can enter anything else on your own. 

We we bought a 3 night dining package precruise, and made dining time reservations onboard.  Thought those would show up, but they never did. 

Edited by h20skibum

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

If you see something on the app that you want to add, swipe left on the activity, and it will be added to your calendar.  

It doesn’t appear you can enter anything else on your own. 

We we bought a 3 night dining package precruise, and made dining time reservations onboard.  Thought those would show up, but they never did. 

On Allure at Christmas we had the ultimate dining package.  All the reservations I made on day 1 showed up on the app by day 2. 

This feature most likely hadn’t been rolled out to the ship that you were on yet.

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I tried that again just now.  Swiping doesn't work.  I'm on the Android app are you using an Apple?

Seriously, don't count on the app, on Harmony, some stuff would show up on calendar one day and then be gone the next, leaving you to wonder if your reservation was cancelled or if you forgot to make one.   I would print your reservation schedule just before cruise.  Everyone in are party had same issues.

31 minutes ago, FloridaMac said:

I tried that again just now.  Swiping doesn't work.  I'm on the Android app are you using an Apple?

I was using a iPhone.   I only tried to do the calendar once onboard, so that may have something to do with it if you are not currently onboard.