Rci app

29 minutes ago, Sparkmeister said:

does anyone know how to scan your passport using the App? I cannot seem to get it to work.

I did mine a while ago, but I think it asked me to turn on the camera (you need to give the app permissions for your camera) and then it 'sees' it and enters it.  Because I didn't have my daughter's passport in hand, I entered hers manually, that's also an option in the app, just takes a little longer.  

Just now, rockmom said:

I did mine a while ago, but I think it asked me to turn on the camera (you need to give the app permissions for your camera) and then it 'sees' it and enters it.  Because I didn't have my daughter's passport in hand, I entered hers manually, that's also an option in the app, just takes a little longer.  

When I hit the scan passport button, the camera came on and I focused it on my passport page with all my info and photo but it did not do anything and there was no button for me to click to start a scan or take a photo and tapping the screen did not do anything either.

Just now, Sparkmeister said:

When I hit the scan passport button, the camera came on and I focused it on my passport page with all my info and photo but it did not do anything and there was no button for me to click to start a scan or take a photo and tapping the screen did not do anything either.

Seems like it's not able to read the bar code then.  You might have to type it in manually.  Worth using the app though if it gives you expedited boarding on your particular cruise. 🙂  

4 minutes ago, Sparkmeister said:

Thanks for the info, I finally got it to work.  Just kept moving the camera around and in and out and finally a white box appeared I could center on the bar code info. 

Yay!  🙂  Persistence pays off. 

8 hours ago, Sparkmeister said:

does anyone know how to scan your passport using the App? I cannot seem to get it to work.

Where did you find the option to scan your passport?  I looked under "Complete your account info" and don't see it there, or anywhere else that I checked. 

2 hours ago, RW_MI said:

Where did you find the option to scan your passport?  I looked under "Complete your account info" and don't see it there, or anywhere else that I checked. 

Not all ships support this feature.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are two weeks out for our Allure cruise.......

I have the Royal App set up on my phone and things appear to be loaded like our reservation to Momma Mia etc.

My question is when my wife loads the app onto her phone does she create her own sign on and password or does she sign on using my username and password to make sure we are linked together???

53 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Thanks Biker19 she is signed in and linked! Does the scan my passport work on the Allure?? I can't seem to find it on the app

I'm sailing on Allure in 3 weeks---the app let me scan my passport.  

Question about the chat feature.

Does the App give notifications if the app is not open.

Like texting on my phone, if my wife wants to reach me, she can send a text and my phone will let me know with a notification that I have a text message.

So,,, does the Royal App notify you that you have a message? Or,,, do you need to have the app open to see a message?

3 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Question about the chat feature.

Does the App give notifications if the app is not open.

Like texting on my phone, if my wife wants to reach me, she can send a text and my phone will let me know with a notification that I have a text message.

So,,, does the Royal App notify you that you have a message? Or,,, do you need to have the app open to see a message?

From what I have read, the biggest complaint about the chat has been the lack of notification. 

• 2 weeks later...