Rci app

I’m on the Allure May 6th. I signed in and it had all my information. Also had information about each day of the cruise, entertainment, dining, shopping, fitness, excursions, spa, etc. pretty nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m on the Allure May 6th. I signed in and it had all my information. Also had information about each day of the cruise, entertainment, dining, shopping, fitness, excursions, spa, etc. pretty nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did it allow you to make reservations for shows or dining?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Seems RCI is so far behind in technology. Nice to see the website getting a facelift, yet many features that were there are now gone. Hope they catch up.

I don't think they are far behind but they do seem to be clueless when it comes to roll outs.

Did it allow you to make reservations for shows or dining?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

No it did not. But I'd already scheduled those in advance. Then we upgraded to a suite so it didn't matter anyway. But there is certainly a lot of information on the app! Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on the app and I wish it would show you your calendar, or some way to see what you have scheduled for the week.

Also, does anyone know if this app will work on the cruise with NO wifi?I understand things wouldn't update. My parents aren't planning to getting any wifi package, but would like to use the app for the map function mainly. (i miss the days of the pocket map!)

I have been on the app and I wish it would show you your calendar, or some way to see what you have scheduled for the week.

Also, does anyone know if this app will work on the cruise with NO wifi?

Display of a calendar is one of the things promised - not sure if that's available once on board.

The app will use the ships WiFi to get updates - but you don't need a VOOM package.

Display of a calendar is one of the things promised - not sure if that's available once on board.

The app will use the ships WiFi to get updates - but you don't need a VOOM package.

Thank you!! We will find out about the calendar in a few weeks :) Glad we can use the app without VOOM!! YAY

Part of an article about project Excalibur:

Travel agents remain the key channel and the company provides a wide range of support including technology, marketing and sales support. TheExcalibur app, for instance, is a multimillion-dollar investment in a communication platform for Royal’s universal community, which includes agents, passengers and staff. The intention is to migrate from traditional to digital communication platforms with many customer, agent and staff needs served by Excalibur.

Bayley foresees that by year end, the Excalibur app will be used on half the fleet. 'It is an ambitious project and will be quite transformational,' he said.

So it seems the app will be added to about 12 ships by the end of the year - or about one per month (that's been the pace of app version updates as well).

• 3 weeks later...
Loaded Royal app to Google pixel 2, 2 weeks ago and for (Allure) worked fine. Now doesn't. We leave in a week. any bets weather it will work then?

Not if it was created by the same people who did the website update.

Another update (V 1.7.1) has been released and it is now working without crashing. Pretty quick response from Royal IT.

There was a quick release of V1.6.1 and V 1.6.2 (after V1.6 came out) around the time Symphony came out to fix issues.

I’ve got Royal IQ from Ovation but not showing Symphony. I’ve updated the other app and I logged in and it showed my set sail pass with bar codes but nothing really different from when we were on Oasis in Jan, I am presuming no text facility as yet...if it’s taking this long for that when will the order your drinks option be ready

I’ve got Royal IQ from Ovation but not showing Symphony. I’ve updated the other app and I logged in and it showed my set sail pass with bar codes but nothing really different from when we were on Oasis in Jan, I am presuming no text facility as yet;

As you discovered Symphony does not use Royal IQ and that the RCI doesn’t have a texting option yet.