Little French Key...Food and Stuff

khewston

We are planning on going to Little French Key next month and have reserved the full island package. I am wondering about the food included in this package. I have heard they just bring you a plate. My husband does not eat seafood so can we request what we want?

Also, Do they have floats available for the water?

I have heard that this resort gets crowded and they don't limit the amount of guests?

We are planning on going to Little French Key next month and have reserved the full island package. I am wondering about the food included in this package. I have heard they just bring you a plate. My husband does not eat seafood so can we request what we want?

Also, Do they have floats available for the water?

I have heard that this resort gets crowded and they don't limit the amount of guests?

We want to reserve at this place and would love to know the answers. I hope someone responds.

Do you know if they provide transportation to and from port?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

We want to reserve at this place and would love to know the answers. I hope someone responds.

Do you know if they provide transportation to and from port?

Yes, they do provide transportation. When you book they send you an email telling where they pick you up.

Looks like a tropical storm may be hitting there in the next few days.

Yes, they do provide transportation. When you book they send you an email telling where they pick you up.

Looks like a tropical storm may be hitting there in the next few days.

Oh no! Be safe! Thanks for your reply.

It wasn't crowded at all when I went. Actually, it was the least crowded beach I have been to in a long time. Two ships were in port that day. I don't recall seeing any floats, but they have water hammocks and in water seating.

The food that comes with the package was very filling. It is a plate that is served "as is". They do have a pizza place you can visit and pay out of pocket if you don't like the meal.

This has been my favorite port and I wish I had been given more time there the last time I went. I am booking another cruise just to go back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Their website shows what they serve with each meal (they put it on the plate and serve you where ever you happen to be sitting).

Mix Plate - grilled lobster*, shrimp, chicken, & steak. With rice/beans, yuca, salsa, and coleslaw.

I don't like steak and my husband don't like sea food, so I always take his lobster and shrimp and he takes my steak. :D

They also have:

Pizza del Rey

Pizza freshly made on the beach in our wooden brick pizza oven. Enjoy freshly made pizza while looking at infinity and the incredible reef.

Yum! We still have yet to book for December. Our cruise is offering an excursion to Big French Key that is cheaper but it might not be as nice or include food. I have to research.

Big French Key is the island right across from LFK. Carnival used to contract with LFK at one time until they decided not to renew the contact with the cruise line and so the cruiseline decided to build their own across from it in the same cove area. I took pictures of it after it was done when we were over at LFK.

This is the cove area: LFK on left and BFK on right .... what it used to look like.

P5150577-L.jpg

Looking over at BFK

IMG_0380-L.jpg

What it looks like now after being cleared off and leveled out:

PB110608%20copy-L.jpg

PB110164%20copy-L.jpg

PB110162%20copy-L.jpg

PB110605%20copy-L.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Big French Key is the island right across from LFK. Carnival used to contract with LFK at one time until they decided not to renew the contact with the cruise line and so the cruiseline decided to build their own across from it in the same cove area. I took pictures of it after it was done when we were over at LFK.

This is the cove area: LFK on left and BFK on right .... what it used to look like.

P5150577-L.jpg

Looking over at BFK

IMG_0380-L.jpg

What it looks like now after being cleared off and leveled out:

PB110608%20copy-L.jpg

PB110164%20copy-L.jpg

PB110162%20copy-L.jpg

PB110605%20copy-L.jpg

Thank you for posting! It's beautiful there.

Unfortunately, because of the hurricanes , our itinerary has completely changed. We are no longer going to Mexico and Honduras. Instead we are going to The Bahamas. Now I have to find a good beach break in Nassau or surrounding areas. Thank you again for taking the time to update us. Hopefully in the future we will be able to visit LFK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
If we just book the basic package (transportation, admission and chairs) does anyone know how costly the food is ala carte? thinking Pizza and drinks.

TIA

Also wondering about quality and cost of pizza. Do you get a pizza to share or by the slice?

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned and it was very nice. In the area we sat, it was not crowded at all and there were many empty chairs around us. I am not sure on the lobster meal but our combo plate that was included was really good and filling. I think most drinks are around $5 but they are in the smaller, clear plastic cups - maybe 8oz and filled with ice.

I will make another post but wanted to mention we did the pkg with the snorkel tour of their man made statues or something. It's a guided tour that starts every hour or so. When we went to the tour and to get our gear we were upssold for $10 per person to another snorkel adventure where a pontoon boat takes you to a reef (part of the barrier reef). if offered this DO NOT do it. I've been on many snorkel trips and this was horrible. The gear they have is absolute crap and several people had issues with their fins falling off and straps not staying on - was super annoying. We had a smaller group and they ran out of the neon yellow safety vests for me and several others and forced us to take the orange life jackets - which again just sucked. The guide was annoying and repeatedly yelled at our group to stay with him - which I get but we also need space sine I was kicked in the head over 20 times since the group was so concentrated. Overall just a crappy experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

we also recently went with the basic package. set up shop with a picnic table, 2 recliners, and a hammock for our large group, and just lounged the whole day ;) Kids played in the sand/water, a few kayak rounds, and they have waiters that will come and serve you for a nice tip. the pizza oven area itself wasn't open, but you could still get pizza. be aware that it would be a good idea to order food on the early side of lunch, as it got busy later, and they we wanted to head out at a decent time to work with the 1hr drive back to port and the incoming rain ;) I think for a family of 4 with 2 adults our portion worked about to about $100 (we enjoyed our drinks!)