Main Dining Room, Drinks

JOHN 57

we are going on the Musica, April 2018 out of Venice.

We are on the Orchestra in April, leaving out of Genoa. If you booked through NSC USA you can get a free water package for lunch and dinner in the MDR. Go into your MSC account, click on customize my cruise, then scroll through the drink packages until you find the Mineral water in the dining room package for $0. You have to add it to your shopping cart and checkout. I actually had a problem with this part and called MSC. But they fixed it pretty quickly.

Good luck!

thank you for responding, so no lemonade and tea for dinner.

They don't serve tea or coffee in the MDR at lunch or dinner except on Divina (coffee), John. They do at breakfast - and also juices (flavoured water). You can order soft drinks and/or water at a charge if you don't already have a drinks package.

• 5 months later...
We are on the Orchestra in April, leaving out of Genoa. If you booked through NSC USA you can get a free water package for lunch and dinner in the MDR. Go into your MSC account, click on customize my cruise, then scroll through the drink packages until you find the Mineral water in the dining room package for $0. You have to add it to your shopping cart and checkout. I actually had a problem with this part and called MSC. But they fixed it pretty quickly.

Good luck!

We had the same experience (BTW, we are on the same cruise out of Genoa!). When we tried to checkout after selecting the Complimentary Mineral Water, our names were checked, but it would not let us check-out. So I emailed them and they said it was already included if you booked through MSC-USA.

Now I am searching to find out how their regular coffee is...

When I called about the mineral water on the Orchestra (going in January) they said that it's automatically included for Americans. Can anyone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were told the same thing. And we have it in email, so there is proof! Mawahaha......

Does anyone know why water isn't included for Europeans?

Is it because MSC expect every northern European to drink only beer and vodka and every southern European to drink only wine!? :confused:

<3<3<3

Americans get it because they made enough noise about it, SC, and MSC are attempting to grow their market share there. Us Europeans don't kick up as much and, frankly, I think MSC feel they don't have to worry too much, if the increase in their Med market-share is anything to by.

Instead of starting a whole new thread, it sounds like you folks would know...

We're sailing on the Seaside in March. Wife hasn't decided on the drinks package yet. What beverages can we expect, at no additional charge, in the Dining Room in the evening?

We're sailing on the Seaside in March. Wife hasn't decided on the drinks package yet. What beverages can we expect, at no additional charge, in the Dining Room in the evening?

Depends on your experience. The mealtime drink package was included with our Fantastica balcony. We are sailing in March as well. My understanding is it includes non-premium alcohol. If you do not have any sort of package you would only expect water and standard juices. Soft-drinks would be extra.

Tap water, coffee and tea

• 2 months later...
We are on the Orchestra in April, leaving out of Genoa. If you booked through NSC USA you can get a free water package for lunch and dinner in the MDR. Go into your MSC account, click on customize my cruise, then scroll through the drink packages until you find the Mineral water in the dining room package for $0. You have to add it to your shopping cart and checkout.

I wonder if this feature is changed. My booking for European itinerary in 2019 (which was booked through US agent) does not have any $0 water/beverage package option. I checked under "add dining/beverage" and found only payable options.

I specifically asked the agent if "free" water (not mineral or sparkling), just plain ole water would be available in the dining room. After conferring with MSC, agent assured me filtered water would be available for no charge. But now I wonder if they meant available on the ship in general and not specifically at mealtime in MDRs.

If I find no "free" water option in MDR, I will be gauche enough to fill a glass (or two) in the buffet and tote them along to enjoy during my meals.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
I wonder if this feature is changed. My booking for European itinerary in 2019 (which was booked through US agent) does not have any $0 water/beverage package option. I checked under "add dining/beverage" and found only payable options.

I have been trying to figure this out, too. The water package that I show when I log in costs money. My family likes to drink water with our meals. We really will simply bring our water bottles with us to dinner if that's the only way to get water but it seems a bit wrong.

We're Canadian and we booked through the US. But, we're on a northern European itinerary. So, do we get water or do we need to carry it daily? How do I find out for sure?

• Like 1