Harvey Remnants

tyeomans

Evandbob, where are you seeing that it's supposed to be mostly a rain event? All I keep seeing is hurricane, hurricane, hurricane!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I live in the Houston area and they are not talking about a hurricane. The weather apps on my phone are not calling for hurricanes, just tons of rain, which stinks because I work saturday.

We are driving down from OKC two days in advance, and we are signed up for text alerts.

Best wishes for a favorable outcome. Bad weather can be so stressful. Going in early sounds like a good idea. Here is the latest from the National Hurricane Center. I don't see any mention of a hurricane, but they do mention formation of a tropical depression with heavy rain and gusty winds likely. Wishing you safe travels.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

I remember getting text alerts from Carnival once when I was cruising out of NOLA. I was already at NOLA airport baggage claim waiting for my luggage when I got the alert. I had flown in a day early.

Evandbob, where are you seeing that it's supposed to be mostly a rain event? All I keep seeing is hurricane, hurricane, hurricane!

weather.com

What was once Tropical Storm Harvey is now expected to have a second wind later this week in the Bay of Campeche and southwest Gulf of Mexico, bringing a threat of heavy rain and gusty winds to eastern Mexico and parts of south Texas.

Hostile winds aloft shredded Harvey's circulation Saturday over the Caribbean Sea, and the National Hurricane Center issued its final advisory.

(MORE: Hurricane Central)

What is left of Harvey is a cluster of disorganized showers and thunderstorms from the Yucatan Peninsula to Belize and Guatemala.

A hurricane hunter aircraft investigated the remnants of Harvey Sunday afternoon and found that the system hadn't regenerated into a tropical depression or tropical storm because it lacked a well-defined center of circulation, and there was also no indication of tropical-storm-force winds. This was still the case on Monday, according to satellite imagery and surface observations.

Well, I am following the wether, an this thread. I am scheduled to sail on Sunday on the CARNIVAL BREEZE. I will be (should be) in Galveston already as I plan to arrive on Friday. Flooding and high water in Galveston especially around the cruise terminal could prove quite irksome....:(

Well dang! I sure hope it doesn't wrap back around and head towards the Yucatan... Gonna be there on the 30th/31st... or head towards NO! We are headed to party town on the 26th. Please just shrink away...

I hope the darn pumps are fixed in NOLA... 18 of them weren't working a week or two ago!

alert atcf mil 09x xxx 170822180000

20.0 270.1

23.7 265.5

24.0 265.2

wtnt21 kngu 222100

subj/tropical cyclone formation alert reissued //

ref/a/fleweacen norfolk va/171200z aug 17//

ampn/ref is tropical cyclone formation alert (wtnt21 kngu 171200)//

ref/b/fleweacen norfolk va/181900z aug 17//

ampn/ref is tropical cyclone formation alert (wtnt22 kngu 181900)//

rmks/ 1. Formation of a significant tropical cyclone is possible

within 100 nm either side of a line from 20.0n 89.9w to 23.7n 94.5w

within the next 24 hours. Available data does not justify issuance

of numbered tropical cyclone warnings at this time. Winds in the

area are estimated to be 20 to 25 knots. Metsat imagery at 221900z

indicates that a circulation center is located near 24.0n 94.8w.

the system is moving northwestward at 13 knots.

2. Remarks: This supersedes ref a. A broad area of low pressure

located over the northern yucatan peninsula is associated with the

remnants of tropical storm harvey (09l). The system is producing a

large area of shower and thunderstorms that extend over the southern

portion of the central gulf of mexico. The system is forecast to

move over the bay of campeche tonight and a tropical depression is

likely to form in the southwestern gulf of mexico during the next

24 hours.

Some of those parking lots will flood, depending on the amount of rainfall. EZ is the only one high enough that it won't be an issue. I would not want my car sitting in 6-8 inches of water for a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How much does it have to flood for them to say we aren't cruising?

You will cruise no matter what. The ship will get out and by day 2 weather will be great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sure hope so. We've been waiting for this day since Christmas. I bought the entire cruise plus excursions for my parents, and it's their first one. They will be crushed if it's cancelled. I wouldn't even mind waiting one extra day to sail out on Sunday.