re meat pies

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The secret  to any good pie is the pastry. It’s no good having a great filling if the pastry casing tastes like cardboard. 

But a great pastry with crap filling is equally as bad. It’s the whole package that counts, had a Vanilla slice yesterday the filling was great, the icing was OK, shredded coconut rather than desiccated, but the pastry was tough, let the whole thing down.

Oh and clearly the man is an idiot, I have squirted sauce inside (less likely to drip, I have eaten with a knife and fork, especially when having Veges with it, I have eaten it deconstructed, but best of all is sauce on top and eat it by hand.

20 hours ago, brian1 said:

Did you ever try the famous Leigh on sea cockles,Uncle Les.

I certainly did young Brian, Cockles, Whelks, doused in malt vinegar.  Leigh on Sea is a nice little old fishing village, close to the thriving metropolis of Southend on Sea @ Sarfend on Mud.  We were staying with a relative at Thundersley, right near ye olde Bread & Cheese Pub on the A13. You would know of it.

Edited by NSWP

For lunch today, my husband and I had tiddly oggies (pasties) from Ferguson Plairre, a Victorian chain of bakeries. They are by far the best bought pasties we've ever had for a long time. A bit expensive but so good.

Leigh