re meat pies

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

brussel Sprouts..., as a kid was in cubs, scouts, boys brigade, sea cadets, army cadets, at different times, loved a uniform.

When my daughter was about 8 or 9 she had some friends in the local sea scout troop. So, she wanted to go and see about joining, too.

A visit to the club rooms, looking at the signs, hearing the early part of the intro by the leader. She was out ..

Not putting up with any of that god stuff, or queen stuff, or the silly uniform stuff,  always has been strong willed. 

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

When my daughter was about 8 or 9 she had some friends in the local sea scout troop. So, she wanted to go and see about joining, too.

A visit to the club rooms, looking at the signs, hearing the early part of the intro by the leader. She was out ..

Not putting up with any of that god stuff, or queen stuff, or the silly uniform stuff,  always has been strong willed. 

I know what you mean, my 45 yr old daughter scares me, she is one of those social work/ welfare gurus. 

Edited by NSWP

Black Pudding is available at one of our local IGA's made by British Sausage Co in Australia.  Coles and Woolworths may have it it too, they have a range of British Sausage products.  I have tasted ye olde black pudding in UK and on the P&O UK ships, edible, just.   A British breakfast delicacy.

BSC-Black-Pudding-200g-with-Shadow-WEB-256x256px_rgb.jpg

Edited by NSWP

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Black Pudding is available at one of our local IGA's made by British Sausage Co in Australia.  Coles and Woolworths may have it it too, they have a range of British Sausage products.  I have tasted ye olde black pudding in UK and on the P&O UK ships, edible, just.   A British breakfast delicacy.

I haven't been game to try it.

13 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Negative on the black pudding Uncle Les. I don't do Haggis either.

Slice it and fry it, tastes just like chicken Lyle.  White pudding is also popular in some parts of UK, not seen it in Straya.  You need to cruise with P&O UK, or Cunard or Fred Olsen, to get a taste of such delicacy, kippers for breakfast too, like those.  As for Haggis, tried that in Scotland, I almost vomited.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

LunchLunch.thumb.jpg.bb7924b88c5cbefdb9f9941c345becfc.jpg

Now that is a real 2 course meal, Lyle, sausage roll for starter and meat pie for main, but where are the mushy peas old son? th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpgsneaky, upon further examination I detect 2 sausage rolls.  But not a drop of sauce to be found.

Edited by NSWP

Haven't brought myself to the mushy peas yet Les. My lovely wife got the sausage rolls at a local bakery, I bought the pie at a well known Vancouver Island grocery chain. They are made at their in house commercial kitchen.

No dead horse by By The Bay, I'm saving that particular delicacy for my trip down under.

I ate it cold, should have heated it, the bottom crust was a little smushy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Haven't brought myself to the mushy peas yet Les. My lovely wife got the sausage rolls at a local bakery, I bought the pie at a well known Vancouver Island grocery chain. They are made at their in house commercial kitchen.

No dead horse by By The Bay, I'm saving that particular delicacy for my trip down under.

I ate it cold, should have heated it, the bottom crust was a little smushy.

4 litres of tomatoey goodness.

97CDB781-6360-41C8-9413-A5C08C8D270E.jpeg.bcf142d308253ab36321060028f0711a.jpeg

Docker 123, that much ketchup (red sauce) would last a very long time in our house. Lynn can't eat tomatoes and I use ketchup sparingly. We used to use Heinz but they closed their Canadian plant and the clown who resembles an orange decided to start a trade war with everyone, so being good Canadians we now use made in Canada French's brand Ketchup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

My grandfather was a butcher and evidently made really good black pudding (according to my older cousins). My dad didn’t like black pudding even though he was the butcher’s son so we never had it at home, hence I have never tried it.

Leigh

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I've never particularly liked black pudding but had some in both Ireland and the UK some years ago that was.much milder in taste than what my ex used to get in NZ. I think we also had white pudding at least once and that was OK. Still, I won't be rushing out to buy it.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Now that is a real 2 course meal, Lyle, sausage roll for starter and meat pie for main, but where are the mushy peas old son? th.jpg.3d76c36151ae2bbcf103b0c5f0191c5d.jpgsneaky, upon further examination I detect 2 sausage rolls.  But not a drop of sauce to be found.

Or a true seven course meal, a six pack and a pie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Docker 123, that much ketchup (red sauce) would last a very long time in our house. Lynn can't eat tomatoes and I use ketchup sparingly. We used to use Heinz but they closed their Canadian plant and the clown who resembles an orange decided to start a trade war with everyone, so being good Canadians we now use made in Canada French's brand Ketchup.

Proper Australian Tom sauce.

Named for the rosella parrot.

432D7AF2-FDFC-423B-AE02-2DABD3660497.jpeg.4dd529e1327c3c6e86fa465d851bdfb6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Most of the Heinz products in oz, like sauce, beans, Are now made in nz by Heinz/Wattie. So you can eat them when you get to Aus/NZ, no worries Lyle.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

This is the red sauce at our house, good Canadian product. I use it on chips and my breakfast spuds...never on eggsketchup.thumb.jpg.acf21b2827103036cc878edeea665c6b.jpg

Breakfast spuds? Not hash browns, you mean like fried potatoes?  Looks like a decent drop Lyle.

Edited by NSWP