re meat pies

Timbertown pies and sausage rolls from Wauchope also hard to beat.

I was there about six weeks ago, which shop is that. (May be back there this month) and will try one if so.

I did have a great burger from a little shop on the way out to Timbertown Resort (think that was the name of the motel) where I stayed.

That would have been Jack Cooke, down next to the RSL in the early 60s, with Charlie Cousins Fish and Chips one side and Dougie Oldham Butcher on the other.

The bakehouse is now opposite the park you'd have sat in overlooking Pulbah early 60s it was an overgrown empty block, then the police station, now the bakehouse and a cafe (Wangi Deck Cafe). Haven't had a pie there for ages but mum and dad say they're good.

My first visit to Wangi was in the mid eighties, I do remember the fish and ship shop then. However, I used to stay out on Pullbar Island in the late seventies and early eighties for survival weekends.

Yeah but they are different owners now. I haven't tried any pies from there yet but have had a coffee and got Vietnamese rolls.

They also do a good fish and chips, massive serves, enough for two and that includes when I'm one of the two.

My first visit to Wangi was in the mid eighties, I do remember the fish and ship shop then. However, I used to stay out on Pullbar Island in the late seventies and early eighties for survival weekends.

In the 80s I think the Schroeders might still have had it, but by then I'd left town.

I was there about six weeks ago, which shop is that. (May be back there this month) and will try one if so.

I did have a great burger from a little shop on the way out to Timbertown Resort (think that was the name of the motel) where I stayed.

The bakery has moved to Port Macquarie has gone quite commercial, similar to Mrs Mac's. They are available in most Take Aways on the Mid North Coast.

That would have been Jack Cooke, down next to the RSL in the early 60s, with Charlie Cousins Fish and Chips one side and Dougie Oldham Butcher on the other.

The bakehouse is now opposite the park you'd have sat in overlooking Pulbah early 60s it was an overgrown empty block, then the police station, now the bakehouse and a cafe (Wangi Deck Cafe). Haven't had a pie there for ages but mum and dad say they're good.

Exactly as I remember it. We occasionally had Fish and Chips but normally would cook our own after a successful day fishing with Roy Capper in his old clinker putt putt 16 ft runabout. I wonder if the sand flats in front of the RSL are still as productive on the drift for Whiteing.

Exactly as I remember it. We occasionally had Fish and Chips but normally would cook our own after a successful day fishing with Roy Capper in his old clinker putt putt 16 ft runabout. I wonder if the sand flats in front of the RSL are still as productive on the drift for Whiteing.

Oh the Capper family, know them well. But then back then everyone in Wangi knew everyone.

And the answer about the whitening is No.

Like Fredos it's not accessible by cruise ship - a long, long way from the sea in fact - but Fran at Larrimah in the NT used to make the best steak and kidney pie you'd ever tasted. She was a retired shearer's cook and the pies were real deep dish and didn't even need tom diddle.
Hi,what's tom diddle?Is it a rhyming slang for something?Cheers,Brian.

Ironic to have the bakehouse in the old Police Stn, the coppers loved a good dogs eye and orse.:p

And please don't call it ketchup, we are not North American, Tomato Sauce is Tomato Sauce. I quite like Fountain Barbecue Sauce too.

http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/location/harrys-famous-pies-broadway

I recently asked an American, with whom I went to school in Canberra, what she missed from Australia. The first thing on her list was meat pies. I was number 2 and I understood where she was coming from LOL.

Makes you feel special then.:p

Ironic to have the bakehouse in the old Police Stn, the coppers loved a good dogs eye and orse.:p

And please don't call it ketchup, we are not North American, Tomato Sauce is Tomato Sauce. I quite like Fountain Barbecue Sauce too.

Not to mention the donuts ;p

I've developed a taste for the aldi spicy BBQ

We are staying at the Amora Hotel on Jamison in Sydney is there any where in this area where we can get a Meat Pie, we would love to try your meat pies?

thanks Sue

I am a fan of Harry Cafe de Wheels however pie face is great as well[emoji4]

d25267c375ddf5d0e095f2fa276c98ca.jpg

Edited by andlep
Add link

Wow, I want to thank everyone who posted to my question,

You are the best and most informed people anywhere and with all my info I have gathered over the years on CC our trips have been amazing.

We will be coming in on the Explorer of the Seas on 29th 2017.

Looking forward to eating a meat pie and also trying Cherry Reel.

Again many thanks.

Sue