re meat pies

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Oh yeah, love Watties, sauce and baked beans etc. A bit scarce over here.   I used to be able to buy it from Woolworths.

taken over by Heinz  - so Heinz and Watties the same these days......mind you Heinz has taken over everything so your favourite sauce could come from anywhere in the world.

3 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

taken over by Heinz  - so Heinz and Watties the same these days......mind you Heinz has taken over everything so your favourite sauce could come from anywhere in the world.

Yep, that’s pretty much it, my wife has a graphic that shows some of the conglomerates that control so much of what we own, I will see if I can manage to post it. It is actually scary. I have long been of the opinion that they should have to display it in the window of each store so you know who you are actually dealing with.

4 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

So how about this one David...Lubbly Jubbly.

Wattie-s-Tomato-Sauce-Ice-Cream_listingimage.jpg

Edited by NSWP

6 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

They don't quite taste the same though

I need to go to NZ again to sample the Watties French Vanilla Tomato Sauce Ripple.   They sound super.

I would have thought that Watties would produce a Lamb and Mint Sauce flavoured ice cream. 

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I need to go to NZ again to sample the Watties French Vanilla Tomato Sauce Ripple.   They sound super.

I would have thought that Watties would produce a Lamb and Mint Sauce flavoured ice cream. 

I would try it, along with an ice cream pie.

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Depends if your wife likes Bunnings sausages!

But the groups doing the fund raising bbqs at Bunnings, i.e...Scouts, Men's Shed, Garden Clubs etc bring their own sausages and bread, of differing quality !!  No doubt purchased at Aldi or Woolworths or Coles.

15 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Just went to a book launch, followed it with a romantic moon lit dinner at Harry’s.

You are an 'A lister,' Mr. Gut, I thought I saw your picture in the social pages of the Sunday Telegraph.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But the groups doing the fund raising bbqs at Bunnings, i.e...Scouts, Men's Shed, Garden Clubs etc bring their own sausages and bread, of differing quality !!  No doubt purchased at Aldi or Woolworths or Coles.

But they all end up tasting like a Bunnings sausage! 

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You are an 'A lister,' Mr. Gut, I thought I saw your picture in the social pages of the Sunday Telegraph.

It was a book by Mrs Gut’s former PhD supervisor. It was touching to see him almost cry that she had come to it.

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Does young Maxxy eat the bread as well, tomato or bbq sauce? 

He prefers to avoid too many carbs, so mainly just the snag, I usually buy one, with onion (for me) one without, he doesn’t mind a bit of sauce of either variety.

37 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

He prefers to avoid too many carbs, so mainly just the snag, I usually buy one, with onion (for me) one without, he doesn’t mind a bit of sauce of either variety.

Fussy but not fussy, just like his master.