re meat pies

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

He prefers to avoid too many carbs, so mainly just the snag, I usually buy one, with onion (for me) one without, he doesnā€™t mind a bit of sauce of either variety.

Healthy dog, my VeterinarianĀ  Grand Daughter would appreciate that.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

2 words, service animal.

Yes indeed, put L plates on Maxxy, Coat on 'Service Dog under training.'Ā  My sister on the Gold Coast has raised and trained 3 Guide Dogs - Labradors.Ā  Took them everywhere for training with the L plates on.

Maxy is training to pick stuff up and bring it to me in my wheelchair. We have been involved with dogs for nearly 35 years, breeding, showing, judging, young Maxy has been the easiest dog to train I have ever had the pleasure to work with, he is just so keen to please.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps that is a good thing. I find some meals are just too much.

I was a little surprised that the lamb cutlet came crumbed, pretty sure I will have it again though. But dadā€™s Tempura Prawns looked tempting.

14 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I was a little surprised that the lamb cutlet came crumbed, pretty sure I will have it again though. But dadā€™s Tempura Prawns looked tempting.

Ā 

So, it was the bread crumbs that defeated you!

Ā 

Ā 

They have a lot to answer for.

Ā 

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Well off to the club again last night, had Micā€™s Gorrilla, not often a feed beats me, but I couldnā€™t finish it all.

Doggy bag for Maxxy then? Ā  I just had a look at the menu for Wangy Rissole..'The Club with a view.'Ā  Quite reasonable prices I thought, like $27 for ye olde Mixed Grill and steaks around $26. Ā Ā  Clubs down here like the Services Club and Golf Club charge $32 for such delicacies, plus they hit you extra $3 for a gravy or pepper sauce etc, thieves.

Ā 

I can see why you patronise your Wangy RSL Mr Gut...'The more you eat, the more you save.'Ā šŸ˜Ā  Is it Wangy or Wangi?Ā  I remember ye olde Truck Stop at Kangy Angy, circa 1970, big feeds there.

Edited by NSWP

Wangi it is and yep Ye Rissole nearly went under but seems to be bouncing back again, the local govt is finally replacing the Jetty out the front which will help them a bit. Hadnā€™t noticed Mics SiL on the committee but pretty sure her dad was a life member so not surprised, if you are ever up around the lake Uncle Les do drop in the RSL andĀ The Workies have two views and locations to die for.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Wangi it is and yep Ye Rissole nearly went under but seems to be bouncing back again, the local govt is finally replacing the Jetty out the front which will help them a bit. Hadnā€™t noticed Mics SiL on the committee but pretty sure her dad was a life member so not surprised, if you are ever up around the lake Uncle Les do drop in the RSL andĀ The Workies have two views and locations to die for.

Maybe not on the committee but well and truly involved heavily with the club. And Yes, Her dad was a President for a while and served a lot of years with the club.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Maybe not on the committee but well and truly involved heavily with the club. And Yes, Her dad was a President for a while and served a lot of years with the club.

Glad to hear that, Wangi is getting a bit old (in terms of aveĀ age of residents) properties are somewhat closely held and some younger ideas wonā€™t hurt.

Back to the meat pies... I had one (beef) in the MDR on the Crown Princess that was so saltyĀ that I couldn't eat it! Had to send it back and get something else. I find the one served at the pub lunch onboard is the same. Ā I'm beginning to think that I have more than my share of salty taste buds.Ā Would like to get us someĀ pies at the grocer's duringĀ our stay at the Meriton in Sydney. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again!"Ā Are some pies less salty than others, maybe the vegetarian or a certain brand?

1 hour ago, Adventures ahead said:

Back to the meat pies... I had one (beef) in the MDR on the Crown Princess that was so saltyĀ that I couldn't eat it! Had to send it back and get something else. I find the one served at the pub lunch onboard is the same. Ā I'm beginning to think that I have more than my share of salty taste buds.Ā Would like to get us someĀ pies at the grocer's duringĀ our stay at the Meriton in Sydney. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again!"Ā Are some pies less salty than others, maybe the vegetarian or a certain brand?

Ā 

Vegetarian pies can sometimes have more salt added to them to make up for the sweet vegetables like carrots and leeks they might put in so I wouldn't automatically turn to them for something less salty. Problem is we all have different levels of salt sensitivity so it hard to know if what I find not salty you might feel is too salty. I personally find that the plainer the pie the less salty they are and chicken pies I find aren't as salty otherwise unless it says specifically low in sodium all I can think of is just give it a try and hope for the bestšŸ˜³.

You have a few options.

Ā 

naturally it is hard to guess at your taste buds but if you are after something to heat in your apartment try a Herbert Adams (I am pretty sure that both Coles and Woolworths stick them) who have beef, lamb and chicken pies if various types, they are a but expensive about $5 for two. Or the Elsemere (I think that is the spelling) at Aldi again a couple of beef, I prefer the chunky beef, and a Chicken and vegetable about $3 for 4.

Ā 

there is. a Harryā€™s Cafe de Wheels down at Haymarket for a ready to eat, again a wide variety the Chunky Beef tends to the peppery end, Mrs Gut loves their Spiach and Feta roll, but I do find IT to be a but salty.

Ā 

probably your best bet is look at the sodium content on the frozen ones, the only Pie I have seen at the Pub Lunch was the steak and Kidney and they were highly variable in quality and usually a touch on the salty side.

28 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

You have a few options.

Ā 

naturally it is hard to guess at your taste buds but if you are after something to heat in your apartment try a Herbert Adams (I am pretty sure that both Coles and Woolworths stick them) who have beef, lamb and chicken pies if various types, they are a but expensive about $5 for two. Or the Elsemere (I think that is the spelling) at Aldi again a couple of beef, I prefer the chunky beef, and a Chicken and vegetable about $3 for 4.

Ā 

there is. a Harryā€™s Cafe de Wheels down at Haymarket for a ready to eat, again a wide variety the Chunky Beef tends to the peppery end, Mrs Gut loves their Spiach and Feta roll, but I do find IT to be a but salty.

Ā 

probably your best bet is look at the sodium content on the frozen ones, the only Pie I have seen at the Pub Lunch was the steak and Kidney and they were highly variable in quality and usually a touch on the salty side.

Thanks a bunch Mr. Gut! Ā : )Ā 

34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Just remember, the best way to eat a pie is out of the hand. As long as you are eating a pie, anyway is a good way to eat it, except for maybe with a spoon.

pie.png

My better half uses a teaspoon, shudder.šŸ˜