re meat pies

I found out another revelation yesterday.Apparently a lot of the villagers in the mountains eat a large species of field mouse.I've been to barbies up there where about 30 people sit at one long table and eat and drink everything that is sourced locally.Don't remember a mouse antipasti.

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I don't see many Italians round here with white sticks.They must all be experts,like those Japanese Sushi blokes that cut out the dodgy bits.

Expertise probably helps, but also to be fair only about 5% of snails are suppose to be infected. They get infected if they eat rat faeces that also has been infected with the parasitic larvae. Personally I think I will stick to the farmed stuff. 

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Personally you can all keep the garlic and snails, don’t like either of those.

now a plate of nicely char grilled frogs legs.

or better yet a meat pie.

Or ye olde Mixed Gorilla, with chips.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Or ye olde Mixed Gorilla, with chips.

Last Iggy Mrs Gut and I ordered an Asian chilli honey chicken and a seafood basket, at Ye old Rissole of course, yummy, dipping my whiting into the honey chilli sauce.

Or if you need a night in Mr Gut, try this micro wave one from Woollies Freezer.  I tried one the other night, just a snack, not bad, but the meat is snags and meat pattie.  Had to wash it down with a Vegemite jar of 'Chateau Cardboard red.

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Or if you need a night in Mr Gut, try this micro wave one from Woollies Freezer.  I tried one the other night, just a snack, not bad, but the meat is snags and meat pattie.

th.jpg

Thanks Uncle Les haven’t seen that one, wii get Mrs Gut to keep an eye out

15 hours ago, brian1 said:

If you guys are back in the UK anytime.Try the Wetherspoons large mixed grill,that's a beast.

And we shall be there in April/May, post cruises.  Have to give the Wetherspoons mixed grill a go.  Their drinks are reasonable too, they buy up a lot of old pubs, do them up a bit and provide reasonably priced rooms.  I have stayed in a couple of them.  Below is the genuine article from Wetherspoons, @ 'heart attack on a plate.'

th (1).jpg

Edited by NSWP

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

And we shall be there in April/May, post cruises.  Have to give the Wetherspoons mixed grill a go.  Their drinks are reasonable too, they buy up a lot of old pubs, do them up a bit and provide reasonably priced rooms.  I have stayed in a couple of them.  Below is the genuine article from Wetherspoons, @ 'heart attack on a plate.'

th (1).jpg

2000 calories.The best Wetherspoons are the old historical buildings they convert.Old theatres,cinemas, courthouses.The Last post in Southend is the old Edwardian post office.

Edited by brian1

On 10/13/2019 at 6:24 PM, possum52 said:

That is a BIG meal! I don't even think my husband could finish it.

Leigh

I could eat it Leigh, but then I am a Trencherman.  Do you reckon your husband could demolish this one then? 

th (2).jpg

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I could eat it Leigh, but then I am a Trencherman.  Do you reckon your husband could demolish this one then? 

th (2).jpg

No Les, but he'd have a good go at the bacon, baked  beans, mushies and tomatoes and some of the eggs but probably would leave the sausages or at least most of them. 😁

• 2 weeks later...