re meat pies

58 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I just checked the pepperoni box. Made in Australia, 78% Australian ingredients. I sometimes a some extra cheese. Two others say packed in Australia, 21% Australian ingredients. Hmm.

My cats love sleeping on the empty boxes for some reason.

Dr Oetkers come from Europe, well the gf one does. Like my Kellogs cornflakes (gf version) come from South Korea.

If you are going to get a frozen pizza and add things... My thought is get a pizze base anad top yourself... so you get more of what you like

Like this...

876125716_pizzaside.thumb.jpg.1fdcb747426a0b700f09c7fce9f9a103.jpg1328486399_pizzatop.thumb.jpg.b3b60e6f6575e2ff2890ec943881d80b.jpg

from bottom to top

Italian Herb and Pepper steak seasoning

Lots of fresh Garlic

Ham from the deli

Sliced Maarsdam

Onion

Red and Green Capsicum 

Pineapple

Cheddar Cheese

Pepper

Served with Shiraz     ( optional  garden salad )

Don 

• Like 2

Good work Don, a work of art.  I often do something like that, but I like the pepperoni, mushroom and onion version with plenty of mozzerella cheese.   I often use a bbq sauce base rather than tomato. 

No garlic for this little black duck, hate the smell and taste. No garlic in my place.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I often use a bbq sauce base rather than tomato. 

This gave me a chuckle, I can't stand BBQ sauce on pizza😂. Even when we order pizza if it has a topping I like but BBQ base I'll pay whatever fee to get that swapped for tomato sauce🍅😋

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

This gave me a chuckle, I can't stand BBQ sauce on pizza😂. Even when we order pizza if it has a topping I like but BBQ base I'll pay whatever fee to get that swapped for tomato sauce🍅😋

How about this one from Pizza Hut with Four n Twenty pies...Meat pie pizza in all it's glory.

Lubbly Jubbly.

pizza-1.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kate59 said:

So agree, I eat tomato sauce but don't like the sauce on pizza bases - no idea why

Possibly because the sauce on pizza bases is a simple passata or tomato puree without all the additional stuff that flavours tomato sauce.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Possibly because the sauce on pizza bases is a simple passata or tomato puree without all the additional stuff that flavours tomato sauce.

The taste is like it is too concentrated tomato. Love fresh tomato and don't mind some Italian dishes but if tomato too strong, not rapped. Have a great night.

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And the bulk el cheapo pizza sauce at that, cheapest they can get.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Via Napoli ? Been there Julie, great food.

Yes, just like being in Naples. At the moment Luigi has turned it into part supermarket, selling off some surplus stock including amazing tinnned San Marzano tomatoes and their wood-fired bread, and part takeaway with extras like porchetta. The only problem is that it gets too crowded some days.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, just like being in Naples. At the moment Luigi has turned it into part supermarket, selling off some surplus stock including amazing tinnned San Marzano tomatoes and their wood-fired bread, and part takeaway with extras like porchetta. The only problem is that it gets too crowded some days.

My son and family go nuts about Via Napoli, his two kids, well, 14 and 10 love the lasagna there, they often run out of it though. They go gf bases and gf pasta there too.

The tinned San Marzano toms sound good. I bought some Ardmona ones the other week, Ardmona used to be good, these ones were half ripe, watery juice, awful.  I now use La Gina from Woollies.

Edited by NSWP

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My son and family go nuts about Via Napoli, his two kids, well, 14 and 10 love the lasagna there, they often run out of it though. They go gf bases and gf pasta there too.

The tinned San Marzano toms sound good. I bought some Ardmona ones the other week, Ardmona used to be good, these ones were half ripe, watery juice, awful.  I now use La Gina from Woollies.

Strangely the Woollies La Gina ones aren't as good as the La Gina ones I get from my greengrocer. The label is slightly different and I think the Woolies ones might be lesser grade tomatoes. It's a marginal difference though. I find Australian tinned tomatoes are too acidic for me. 

Via Napoli is a place people either love or hate. It's noisy and somewhat crazy on busy times, just like a true Italian trattoria which, for some odd reason, offends some people. And, of course, they don't make "gourmet" pizza, just real Italian ones. No Peking Duck, or Mexican, or other fancy toppings. Watch out for the spicy salami though, it's searingly hot. We sometimes get the quattro salumi pizza anfd it takes me about a week to recover from the hot salami! 🤣 it's very yummy though. 

• Like 1

We're having a European food journey today.

We started off in France with freshly baked croissants for breakfast. The croissants were the frozen ones from Coles, with French jam.

For lunch we went to Italy. My basil plant has been going berserk so we had Insalata Caprese with garlic crostini.

20210905_143227.thumb.jpg.41744de2ec9f3003a402cff9b07dcf3d.jpg

I was planning on cooking a roast chook tonight but that sounded too ordinary, so we're going to Greece for garlic, herb and lemon roast chicken which I'll serve with crispy potato chunks and a salad.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kate59 said:

The taste is like it is too concentrated tomato. Love fresh tomato and don't mind some Italian dishes but if tomato too strong, not rapped. Have a great night.

Not rapped. Rapt.🙄 Unless you mean not singing.🤐

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

But is it Moray or Mornay, after all it’s about cheese

It's AMORE !  Sang that song many times on the ships in Princess Pop Choirs. It was a regular number.

Edited by NSWP