LIVE!! FROM THE EQUINOX PRESIDENT's Cruise August 27th, 2017 - ChicagoPaul

chicagopaul

chicagopaul, on your survey you could include that EVERYONE who works on the web site must be made to book an actual cruise, book excursions and pay for them online before being able to continue working on the site.

I'd also be interested in hearing if LLP disembarks early and if anything changes once she's off the ship. Someone on a previous Presidents cruise indicated things changed after she left early on theirs .

Great live thread so far. Thankx

Following you here and on Instagram Paul! Looking forward to your blog! Were you on Reflection at Xmas? We were with the fantastic "Dr Claus" Milton my husband is over the moon he might be on our Equinox sail 27 October!

Can everyone PLEASE stop quoting the OP. It is very difficult to navigate on an iphone when you do this. We know you are speaking to the OP. Thank you soooo much.

Agree 100%. Quote 1/2 page and then say " will be following"

Here is a tip for everyone. Go into your setting and uncheck the signatures, and avatars and and the posts won't be cluttered with their past, and future cruises, and the ocount down clocks and all the rest of the useless stuff.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

chicagopaul, on your survey you could include that EVERYONE who works on the web site must be made to book an actual cruise, book excursions and pay for them online before being able to continue working on the site.

I'd also be interested in hearing if LLP disembarks early and if anything changes once she's off the ship. Someone on a previous Presidents cruise indicated things changed after she left early on theirs .

Great live thread so far. Thankx

Couldn't agree more! We have a cruise booked for Mid September. I have done checkin and prInted our Xpress pass a few weeks ago and today I received an email saying that I need to do it! What? Really?!

So Tuesday is a Q&A with Lisa. I'm going to try and get close seats. I'll see what video I can take. Ideally I'll audio record everything and see what I can upload. I'll keep you all posted. Dinner in Murano tonight. Heading to Martini bar in about 30 minutes. Hopefully we will have some live music in the atrium.

FYI I've run into several bartenders I know from previous cruises. It's amazing how welcoming they always are and how incredible their memories. As much as we may complain about certain things it is always the staff that continues to put smiles on my face.

For those who asked I'll send a list of Martini Bartenders tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing this!

We are also on board. We got unlimited internet with our package. Just back from a visit with the guys at the iLounge. Everyone's codes were printed wrong. Fixed now but the line was getting long!

We did sign up for the Connections party but no note in the cabin. Can you post the place and time? Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing the President!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So in our room was a survey. A survey you will all LOVE. What is it about? Well it is about the website!!! So before I fill it out I want to hear some creative responses and one liners from you all haha!

Somebody is going to get fired for this brilliant idea! Nothing like stomping on a hornet's nest.:evilsmile:

For No. 14: Fix the link for Cruise Critic members to sign up for the Connections Party. It has not worked since the new site has been implemented.

For a time period, the only year option was for cruises leaving in 2022...I'm not sure they are even booking that far in advance.:mad:

We are sailing on October 16 on the Equinox and no one has been able to sign up since the New "Intuitive" website was introduced. They should probably look up the word INTUITIVE!

So in our room was a survey. A survey you will all LOVE. What is it about? Well it is about the website!!! So before I fill it out I want to hear some creative responses and one liners from you all haha!

d6ca9ec9708b2241addb3b59f984cb95.jpg

09a9331b4d403e9e9a2e09c22915e5bb.jpg

When we got to our room we had our usual concierge snacks but these seemed better. For one there was a deviled egg which in my opinion is a lost art. I love seeing them on the menu at an old school bar. But take a look at what looks like large chickpeas. Those are scallops. They've definitely stepped it up for this cruise!

bc0e302893391d314ed95c181e322677.jpg

You need to put on that survey for the people there at Celebrity,s IT dept to read all the problems everyone is having with their pisspoor website here on Cruise Critic.. I canceled 3 reservations I had booked with Celebrity.Tried for weeks and couldn,t get anywhere.I just had enough and canceled all 3!! Maybe they need to hear people are canceling or just moving to another cruiseline for their cruises!!:rolleyes:

Wow... a survey someone might read, Q and A with Lisa....Nice!

Hope you have a great cruise...looks promising..

We usually book AQ but may try one cruise in Concierge Class with the Specialty Restaurant package. Let us know how you booked it, did you get res you wanted and do you how like it as cruise unfolds?

Can everyone PLEASE stop quoting the OP. It is very difficult to navigate on an iphone when you do this. We know you are speaking to the OP. Thank you soooo much.

I agree it's annoying, but really not that bad using the Cruise Critic app.

People need to learn to use discretion when using the feature, 75% of the time it's unnecessary

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Paul -

Thanks for your post. I always enjoy reading along.

Regarding the Survey about Celebrity's New Website - should be interesting.

Couple of things I find worse than their previous website -

Navigation -

• Often have to go down 4 or 5 levels to get to something - Like Drink Packages, Internet Packages etc
  • Areas that are almost impossible to find - e.g. ChoiceAir, FAQ (took me 10 minutes today) links use to be available on pull downs from front page.
  • Very Laggy - Once I log in it often takes up to a minute to get to the next screen
  • LogIn not working sometimes for days at a time.
  • Buttons that don't work.

Positive -

I was amazed by this today. Check-In

• You can now select your cruise instead of having to input the Ship, Date and Reservation Number
  • They have finally fixed some of my previous gripes
    • When you select a passenger it copies the information from either your reservation or Profile
    • It was able to pull up all information, passport numbers, emergency contact numbers etc
    • You don't need to fill in the repetitive same information for your partner.

Hopefully the changes to the CheckIn process is a sign of good things to come.

Just a couple positives and negatives of their new site.

You could write in that to protect their privacy, they should wait 20 minutes before reading the next answer.

I would love someone to ask Lisa to personally demonstrate how easy it is to book a cruise for herself in a standard (non aqua/suite) cabin....and then booking dining times/specialty restaurants and excursions for the cruise just booked.....heck, maybe she could just sit on stage and personally show everyone how easy it is.

That might actually get her attention and understanding about how "great" the new web site is......

Question 6 - they have spelled appalling incorrectly.

hahahaha I had to go back to catch your funny. Or maybe not so funny.

Regardless of the web site though, the OP will probably have a very good cruise because the crew makes up for a lot of headquarters' deficiencies.

Apparently I've awoken the beast by posting the website survey! Haha. Ok I will pass along what I can. Now let's look on the bright side.

It's 9:15am and guess where I am? Pool bar of course. Hair of the dog.

Dinner last night was in Murano. Service and food was fantastic as always. We had 8pm reservations. Here are some photos of the good. Not pictured is the lobster bisque. I forgot :(

14ae88180fb37054722e4b729638647b.jpg

558388ff5004a82034adbf8454774581.jpg

69e9eaf7a3eb19b4bbb93513f9c9c70d.jpg

3fd376b719e9668dd22def5ea9bcbad7.jpg

Per old school dining rules, asparagus is properly eaten with your fingers. No matter where I am I always follow this tradition.

ac59a4e99ef3d173f2c39e543a8b6b14.jpg

What you were looking at above is the salmon and crab parfait. Dover Sole and a cheese plate for desert with a 20 yr tawny port. Tonight's dinner is in Tuscan.

The weather today is beautiful. A bit humid but sunny with a nice breeze. Welcome to paradise. Here is today's Daily.

fb605d7d0d478af9c2baf5fb14fbccc0.jpg

5b6507c24ab5307370fca730f6dad053.jpg

e5affe8167107930e44ff73767e65999.jpg

b3af67ebd59c2b173c096c8f3f6a88ec.jpg