Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ldlewis45

Signature bev package vs elite?

Recommended Posts

I am currently aboard the Eurodam and will have all of the new beverage menus before leaving the ship.  Wines in the wine packages are not changed.

 

When considering beverage packages, it is good to check your daily itinerary to determine how many hours you will have available on board to consume your break-even number of drinks.  Beverage packages do not work on Half Moon Cay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM, POA1 said:

I don't know if this will help or not, but here's some information I compiled from the most recent pricing I could find, via Roger Jett (Crew News) from his recent Alaska cruise. Sorry about the formatting. You can't do a table in a CruiseCritic post.

 

Beverage - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

DAILY PRICE - - $51.69 - $63.19

PROMO COST/DAY - Explore 4 - Free - $11.50

Non-Alcoholic Beverages - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Mineral Water 1.5L - $3.95 - Yes - Yes

Mineral Water 0.5L - $1.95 - Yes - Yes

San Pelligrino 1.0L - $4.50 - Yes - Yes

Perrier 750ml - $3.25 - Yes - Yes

Juices - All - $2.75 - Yes - Yes

Soda - All - $2.25 - Yes - Yes

Red Bull - $4.50 - Yes - Yes

Red Bull Sugar Free - $4.50 - Yes - Yes

Please note that both plans include mocktails and smoothies.

 

WINE - HAL Price - HAL SBP # - HAL EBP #

This is just the number of wines available of each type under each plan. If you really need the wines in detail, I've posted them before. If you can't find them, let me know.

 

House Sparkling - $6.50 - 1 - 1

Prosecco - $6.75 - 1 - 1

Other Sparkling - $9.50 - 0 - 1

Champagne - $12.50 - 0 - 1

Pinot Grigio - $6.50-$11.00 - 1 - 2

Chablis - $13.50 - 0 - 1

Chardonnay - $6.50-$9.75 - 2 - 4

Riesling - $7.25-8.50 - 2 - 2

Moscato - $8.50 - 1 - 1

Sauv Blanc - $8.50-$9.75 - 1 - 2

Barbera - $9.75 - 0 - 1

Claret - $13.50 - 0 - 1

Malbec - $8.50 - 1 - 1

Merlot - $6.50-$12.25 - 1 - 2

Cabernet Sauv - $6.50-$9.75 - 3 - 5

Shiraz/Syrah - $7.25-$14.75 - 2 - 3

Pinot Noir - $9.75 - 0 - 2

Zinfandel - $6.50 - 1 - 1

White Zin - $6.50 - 1 - 1

Dessert Wine - $7.95 - 1 - 1

Number Wines Available - - 19 - 34

 

BEER 12 oz - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Amstel Light - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Beck's - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Blue Moon - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Corona - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Guinness Stout - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Heineken - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Molson - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Sam Adams Boston Lager - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Stella Artois - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

BEER 16 oz - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Boddington's - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Bud - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Bud Light - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Bud Light Lime - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Coors Light - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Grolsch - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Michelob Ultra - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Miller Genuine Draft - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Miller Lite - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

 

CIDERS/OTHER - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Crispin Cider - $5.75 - Yes - Yes

NA Beer - $4.25 - Yes - Yes

Rekordling Pear - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Rekordling Strawberry/Lime - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Smirnoff Ice - $5.25 - Yes - Yes

Strongbow Cider - $5.75 - Yes - Yes

 

VODKA - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Absolut - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Absolut Citron - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Absolut Mandarin - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Absolut Vanilla - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Belvedere - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Chopin - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Finlandia - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Grey Goose - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Grey Goose Citron - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Grey Goose 'Orange - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Grey Goose La Poire - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Ketel One - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

New Amsterdam - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Skyy - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Skyy Pineapple - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Smirnoff - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Stolichnaya - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Tito's - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Vox - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

 

RUM - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Appleton - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Bacardi - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Bacardi 8 - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Bacardi Gold - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Bacardi Limon - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Bacardi Oakheart - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Bacardi Razz - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Brugal - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Captain Morgan - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Cruzan - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Gosling's Black Seal - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Malibu - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Myer's Dark - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Pyrat XO - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

 

BOURBON - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Buffalo Trace - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Jack Daniels - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

Jack Daniels Honey - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

Jim Beam - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Jim Beam Red Stag - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Knob Creek - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Maker's Mark - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Tatoosh - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Wild Turkey 101 - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

 

RYE/IRISH WHISKY - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Canadian Club - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Crown Royal - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Jameson Irish - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Seagram's 7 Crown - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Seagram's VO - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Tatoosh Rye - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

 

SCOTCH - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Aberfeldy - $7.75 - Yes - Yes

Ballentine's - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Chivas Regal - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Cutty Sark - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Dalmore - $10.25 - Excluded - Yes

Dewar's 12 Year Old - $7.25 - Yes - Yes

Dewar's White - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Glen Deveron - $8.50 - Yes - Yes

Glenfiddich - $10.25 - Excluded - Yes

Glenlivet - $8.95 - Yes - Yes

Glenmorangie - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Highland Park - $11.95 - Excluded - Yes

J&B - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Johnnie Walker - Black - $7.75 - Yes - Yes

Johnnie Walker - Red - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

Laphroaig - $8.95 - Yes - Yes

Macallan Select Oak - $11.95 - Excluded - Yes

 

GIN - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Bols Dutch Jenever - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Bombay - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Bombay Sapphire - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

Hendricks - $8.00 - Yes - Yes

Tanqueray - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

Tanqueray 10 - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

 

TEQUILA - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Cabo Wabo Blanco - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Cazadores Anejo - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

El Jimador Silver - $7.75 - Yes - Yes

Herradura Reposado - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Herradura Silver - $9.75 - Excluded - Yes

Jose Cuervo 1800 - $7.75 - Yes - Yes

Jose Cuervo Gold - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Patron Anejo - $13.95 - Excluded - Yes

Patron Reposado - $11.95 - Excluded - Yes

Patron Silver - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

 

APERITIF - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Aperol - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Campari - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Dubonnet - $6.00 - Yes - Yes

Pernod - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Vermouth - $6.00 - Yes - Yes

 

COGNAC/ARMAGNAC - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Armagnac - $8.95 - Yes - Yes

Courvoisier Napoleon - $10.95 - Excluded - Yes

Courvoisier VS - $7.50 - Yes - Yes

Courvoisier VSOP - $8.50 - Yes - Yes

Hennessey VS - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

Hennessey VSOP - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Hennessey XO - $19.95 - Excluded - Excluded

Remy Martin VSOP - $10.95 - Excluded - Yes

Remy Martin XO - $18.95 - Excluded - Excluded

 

DIGESTIF - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Aquavit - $5.95 - Yes - Yes

Grappa di Alexander - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Grappa di Cabernet - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Grappa di Prosecco - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Limoncello - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Villa Massa Limoncello PGI - $7.00 - Yes - Yes

LIQUEUR - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Amaretto Disaronno - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Baileys Irish Cream - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Chambord - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Cointreau - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Crème de Menthe - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

D.O.M. Benedictine - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Drambuie - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Frangelico - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Galliano - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Grand Marnier - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Jagermeister - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Kahlua - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

Patron Cafe XO - $11.95 - Excluded - Yes

Patron Citronage - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Sambuca - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Southern Comfort - $6.95 - Yes - Yes

Tia Maria - $6.75 - Yes - Yes

 

PORT/SHERRY - HAL Price - HAL SBP - HAL EBP

Dow's LBV - $7.95 - Yes - Yes

f-larvey Bristol Cream Sherry - $6.00 - Yes - Yes

Graham's Six Grapes - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

Sandeman - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Smith Woodhouse Reserve LBV - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Tio Pepe Sherry - $6.25 - Yes - Yes

Warre's Otima - $6.50 - Yes - Yes

Warre's Warrior Tawny - $9.95 - Excluded - Yes

I know this is an old post, however, need to ask a question.  I have the Signature Beverage package for the cruise I just booked, but am a Pinot noir wine drinker. Am I reading the above information correctly that the Signature Beverage package has not even 1 wine offering for Pinot noir wine without upgrading???

 

Appreciate your help in clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, doone said:

I know this is an old post, however, need to ask a question.  I have the Signature Beverage package for the cruise I just booked, but am a Pinot noir wine drinker. Am I reading the above information correctly that the Signature Beverage package has not even 1 wine offering for Pinot noir wine without upgrading???

 

Appreciate your help in clarifying.

I think it will now because the threshold for the SBP has been increased to $11as far as I am aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you J4NEC, makes sense......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a Robert Mondavi pinot noir for $12/glass on the new bar menus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have the Signature package and order a drink that exceeds the per-drink limit, do you just pay the additional or pay for the whole drink separately?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Butch71065 said:

If you have the Signature package and order a drink that exceeds the per-drink limit, do you just pay the additional or pay for the whole drink separately?

 

No.  You will pay full price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, doone said:

I know this is an old post, however, need to ask a question.  I have the Signature Beverage package for the cruise I just booked, but am a Pinot noir wine drinker. Am I reading the above information correctly that the Signature Beverage package has not even 1 wine offering for Pinot noir wine without upgrading???

 

Appreciate your help in clarifying.

Roger is (as usual!) correct. There is only one Pinot Noir on the per-glass menu right now on the Zuiderdam and it is $12. There may be another in the dining room but I have yet to see a different by-the-glass menu in the MDR and suspect that I paid $14 each for a couple of glasses of Chianti a few nights ago! 

 

OTOH, if you drink just one glass of a day you've paid for the upgrade Sig to Elite. (But have you paid for any package at all? No one can say.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Roger is (as usual!) correct. There is only one Pinot Noir on the per-glass menu right now on the Zuiderdam and it is $12. There may be another in the dining room but I have yet to see a different by-the-glass menu in the MDR and suspect that I paid $14 each for a couple of glasses of Chianti a few nights ago! 

 

OTOH, if you drink just one glass of a day you've paid for the upgrade Sig to Elite. (But have you paid for any package at all? No one can say.) 

I didn't pay for the SBP, I received it free with my booking.  Hmmmmm wonder if I can upgrade to the elite as I was given this as a perk, anyone know?  I would definitely be willing to pay the extra $$.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 4:23 AM, doone said:

I know this is an old post, however, need to ask a question.  I have the Signature Beverage package for the cruise I just booked, but am a Pinot noir wine drinker. Am I reading the above information correctly that the Signature Beverage package has not even 1 wine offering for Pinot noir wine without upgrading???

 

Appreciate your help in clarifying.

Yes. No Pinot Noir on the SBP. You may want to see if the Shiraz works for you. It's about as close as you can get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Despegue said:

Please note that the Signature Beverage Package pricing limit  is now “up to 11 US$” and in reality, non alcoholic drinks are unlimited, as confirmed in writing by the Seattle Head Office.

 

if onboard you are told otherwise, be very assertive about this.

 

oh, and Milkshakes are beverages!

 

We will be sailing with HAL for the first time next month and we are finding the beverage packages to be very confusing.  The HAL still shows the Signature Package with a $9 per drink maximum.   Are you saying that this has been increased to $11?  And if that is the case, why are they not promoting it as such on their website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Despegue said:

Please note that the Signature Beverage Package pricing limit  is now “up to 11 US$” and in reality, non alcoholic drinks are unlimited, as confirmed in writing by the Seattle Head Office.

 

if onboard you are told otherwise, be very assertive about this.

 

oh, and Milkshakes are beverages!

 

Edited by 2pbears
Duplicate post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Despegue said:

Please note that the Signature Beverage Package pricing limit  is now “up to 11 US$” and in reality, non alcoholic drinks are unlimited, as confirmed in writing by the Seattle Head Office.

 

if onboard you are told otherwise, be very assertive about this.

 

oh, and Milkshakes are beverages!

 

Edited by 2pbears
Duplicate post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2pbears said:

 

We will be sailing with HAL for the first time next month and we are finding the beverage packages to be very confusing.  The HAL still shows the Signature Package with a $9 per drink maximum.   Are you saying that this has been increased to $11?  And if that is the case, why are they not promoting it as such on their website?

 

I seems that the website is not a priority for HAL.  The best info comes from CC members on board who can get answers directly from the crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Copied from the HAL website just a minute ago:

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $44.95 if pre-booked online compared to $54.95 if purchased on board. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Sharing is not permitted. Excludes Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages on Half Moon Cay, Freestyle Coca-Cola and any self-service draft beer. Packages are not transferable or refundable. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason; including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated customers.

 

An interesting change is the cost of purchasing the SBP onboard vs. buying it online ahead of the cruise.  The price used to be (as of Jan 2019) $44.95 per day purchased online, and $49.95 per day purchased onboard.  That was a $5 penalty for waiting to purchase onboard using your HAL issued OBC.  Now the price is $54.95, a $10 penalty, all prices plus 15% service charge.

 

Edited by TAD2005

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

Copied from the HAL website just a minute ago:

Our convenient, affordable Signature Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails (including non-alcoholic), sodas, bottled water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml) & coffee! Includes any beverage priced at $11.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $44.95 if pre-booked online compared to $54.95 if purchased on board. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Sharing is not permitted. Excludes Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages on Half Moon Cay, Freestyle Coca-Cola and any self-service draft beer. Packages are not transferable or refundable. Beverage management reserves the right to revoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason; including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated customers.

 

An interesting change is the cost of purchasing the SBP onboard vs. buying it online ahead of the cruise.  The price used to be (as of Jan 2019) $44.95 per day purchased online, and $49.95 per day purchased onboard.  That was a $5 penalty for waiting to purchase onboard using your HAL issued OBC.  Now the price is $54.95, a $10 penalty, all prices plus 15% service charge.

 

 

Thank you so much for posting this.   As I said, I am finding this drink package to be quite confusing.   Am I correct in thinking that if we get onboard the ship and find that Signature Package wines are not to our liking we can upgrade from the Signature Package that we pre-purchased to the Elite package?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!  Reading that posted beer list there is not a single IPA on HAL?  When will they learn.  At least in the USA, IPA's have been a very hot commodity in most bars for the past few years.  For some reason both HAL and Princess have very little to no IPA's.  When we go on Celebrity they have a better choice of interesting beers including things like Dogfish Head 90!  It has been reported on the Princess blogs, that they are working at improving their beer list...but that has been a promise for nearly a year with very little change.  On HAL, we are afraid their beer and wine purchasers are likely stuck in the distant past...like many things on HAL.   I do understand that many HAL fans (including moi) do want HAL to hold onto what, in the past, made it a terrific cruise line.  But it is like a good friend who loves old cars, but still understands that he cannot drive a Model A Ford on the Freeway.  Even HAL has to change.. and updating their beer list is not asking much.

 

Hank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2pbears said:

 

Thank you so much for posting this.   As I said, I am finding this drink package to be quite confusing.   Am I correct in thinking that if we get onboard the ship and find that Signature Package wines are not to our liking we can upgrade from the Signature Package that we pre-purchased to the Elite package?

If you are a serious wine collector, neither package will excite you that much. Other than that go for the Elite.  If you are serious about your "sport" go for the Signature Pkg.  Both will be equally disappointing.  To your point, negotiating from SBP to EBP is a skill that you may or may not have.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Pinnacle Class vessels, Grand Dutch Café has some very good Belgian beers, as well as decent Dutch ones ( brewed close to the Belgian border). 

They are not Pale Ale’s  however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want great beer or wine selection HAL is not for you.  All consumer-grade cruise lines are the same. Beer guys,  try Monks in Philadelphia. It will blow your mind.  Austrian. Vintage Black Damnation, Stuff you have dreamed of.  A hole in the wall almost pitch black inside.  A short walk from the Liberty Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAL has two craft beers on their current beverage menus:  Anchor Brewing Steam ($7.95) and Lugunitas IPA ($7.95).  For Alaska cruises, addtional Alaska Brewing Company beers both bottle and tap are added:

 

image.png.8927a04da88a593f14ab9df7c2916c25.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucked out and got signature bev pkg @$143 for upcoming 10 day cruise. Question: am I charged the 15% or is it included if I'm  belo5q the $11 limit ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, saltshell said:

Lucked out and got signature bev pkg @$143 for upcoming 10 day cruise. Question: am I charged the 15% or is it included if I'm  belo5q the $11 limit ?

The 15% is included in the price of the beverage package, so there is no additional charge for drinks within the $11 limit.

 

Being able to buy an SBP for only $14.30 a day sounds very strange. Is your TA purchasing the SBP at the regular price  and simply charging you the $143 as a perk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchased cruise a few months ago. Phoned PCC to inquire of any available perks. She offered the package, and I went for it. Nice to know no extra charge.  Rather than strange, I think it's great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, saltshell said:

Purchased cruise a few months ago. Phoned PCC to inquire of any available perks. She offered the package, and I went for it. Nice to know no extra charge.  Rather than strange, I think it's great.

OK, unusual. :classic_smile:

 

HAL frequently offers "free" SBPs as a promotional perk (which you pay for through higher fares) but I've not been aware of them previously offering highly discounted packages.

Edited by Fouremco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...