Signature bev package vs elite?

ldlewis45

4 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Sounds like the current price for Saltshells cabin is $143 higher under the "Early Booking Bonus" promo than their original fare.  Just a simple refaring, but was possibly presented differently by the PCC.  Regardless its a great deal!

1 hour ago, saltshell said:

There was a promo and PCC was able to give me the drink package and a pinnacle dinner for the additional $143.Yep, thought it was worth it and took it 

Good call @AtlantaCruiser72.

We booked a 29 day Rotterdam cruise for October 2020 while onboard the Eurodam in March.   I knew the price of my cabin going in, and it has been the same for many months.  When we booked, we were told that we had the SBP and a PG dinner included for no change in cabin price.   That SBP for 29 days is worth $3000 for 2 people.  So, HAL does add on the SBP as an incentive for no increase in price on rare occasions.   Explore-4 is NOT one of those occasions.  When Explore-4 starts at the end of July, the cruises it is attached to usually go up by the exact amount of the SBP.

If you have purchased the SBP online, before your cruise and want to upgrade to the Elite package, it is easy and no problem.  Just ask any bartender.  They will hit your account for the $10 plus 15% per day.  If you got the SBP  through Explore-4 or some other HAL promotion, then some people have reported that they have had to hit a few bartenders before one would sell the upgrade.