The recurring tonic question! Anyone on Journey now?

gymfreak

Not something I paid that much attention to but I think a bottle of Perrier was about two dollars twenty. It won't break the bank! Of course, you can always bring a few bottles onboard at a port to drink on your balcony.

Thank you, that's about what I remember reading. I got hooked on the "homemade " fizzy water on Windstar. So refreshing on deck with a twist. 😁 And it was included free of charge.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warning. I never had that problem with the bar staff before so I will be watching closely later in the month. As the guys used to always get it right before I am wondering if they have been told to hold back on the sparkling water. Lottie is right the sparkling water was so flat it was not pleasant.

On Journey now and the sparkling water is not flat.

Lots of Fever Tree tonic in the BA lounge at Gatwick- a few will be finding there way onto Quest tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Smart move - minesweeping the FT tonic from a crappy airline to a great cruise ship - love the irony!:cool:

Lots of Fever Tree tonic in the BA lounge at Gatwick- a few will be finding there way onto Quest tomorrow!

Ha ha. And you have such an honest face!:) Have a great time on Quest and if you don't manage to finish all of your FT stash get them to put it in a safe cupboard at the Pool Bar for when I arrive in November. Lol

Phil

Ha ha. And you have such an honest face!:) Have a great time on Quest and if you don't manage to finish all of your FT stash get them to put it in a safe cupboard at the Pool Bar for when I arrive in November. Lol

Phil

You think they will survive that long?:rolleyes:

Not sure about the definitions in other parts of the world, but here in the US there is a big difference between sparkling water aka seltzer [tap water with bubbles added and nothing else] and club soda [contains lots of salt]. I prefer Pellegrino but would accept seltzer -- but not club soda under any circumstances [my feel swell up enough from the salty restaurant menus without salt I can't even taste!]

Not sure about the definitions in other parts of the world, but here in the US there is a big difference between sparkling water aka seltzer [tap water with bubbles added and nothing else] and club soda [contains lots of salt]. I prefer Pellegrino but would accept seltzer -- but not club soda under any circumstances [my feel swell up enough from the salty restaurant menus without salt I can't even taste!]

Exactly, that was why I had an issue with crew serving club soda when I asked for sparkling water.

Onboard now and the tonic is - Royal Club or Canada Dry if you want diet, Aldin is hunting down Schweppes for us. However we will be continuing the campaign for proper tonic at every available opportunity!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Onboard now and the tonic is - Royal Club or Canada Dry if you want diet, Aldin is hunting down Schweppes for us. However we will be continuing the campaign for proper tonic at every available opportunity!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you know anyone who has tried the Diet Canada Dry? LuAnn

Yes LuAnn....me on Quest in June. It was still horrible, but marginally better than the truly awful Royal Tonic.

Agree and a small margin at that! Had a word with Philip yesterday at the CC meet he's looking into Schweppes but thinks Fever Tree would be a step too far.

Will be continuing the Campaign Asking for Real Tonic (CART) [emoji56]

John, on Quest recently I met Philip when I was coming back onboard with my shopping bag of Fever Tree tonics bought at Corte Ingles in Palma.

He seemed genuinely shocked when I told him just how bad the Royal tonic was. The idea that a guest had to purchase their own tonic to bring onboard was concerning him.

Personally speaking I don't really enjoy Schweppes tonic much either but it would be a vast improvement on Royal tonic and probably much easier to source than Fever Tree.

Have to say that the time we are all devoting to this thread does make me giggle!

At least we have raised the issue and as we know eventually someone might listen, as I've said before it's probably all tied up in corporate deals and there's little wriggle room.

Did laugh when Journey on twitter was showing Silent Pond Gin on sale whilst in the U.K., what would be the point of premium gin and Royal Tonic?

Just a thought CART could also stand for Campaign Against Royal Tonic or Campaign Against Rubbish Tonic, although that's really the same thing[emoji23]