Can you walk from the pier to the Old San Juan attractions?

ckornuta

We stayed there last year and walked all over OSJ. We actually walked to El Morro, which was a small hike, but lots of fun. There are lots of vendors in the area and carriage rides as well. We spent the whole day walking around and had a great time. You will love it!

Has any one stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan, and was this location right by the pier within walking distance to the main resort area of Old San Juan?

It's right by one of the piers. There is another across the bay (Pan American pier) which is used for cruises originating in San Juan.

JUST BACK FROM 11/26 CRUISE. STAYED 2 NIGHTS PRECRUISE AT THE EL CONVENTO IN OLD SAN JUAN. YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!!!

JUST BE SURE TO ALLOW YOURSELF TIME TO JUST STROLL AROUND. IT IS SO LOVELY ALTHO HILLY AND COBBLESTONE STREETS ARE FUN TO WALK ON TOO ! lol WE LOVED EL MORRO AND ALSO TOOK ABOUT 3 HRS. TO JUST STROLL ALONG THE WALL FROM THERE TOWARDS THE OLD PIER AREA. SAW THE GATE TO THE CITY ETC.... WAS REALLY NICE WITH PARROTS IN TREES ETC.

IF YOU GET A CHANCE - HAVE BREAKFAST AT LA BOMBONERA !!! TRY THE HAM & CHEESE MALLORCA - THEY ARE TO DIE FOR !!!!

HAVE FUN.... I AM ALREADY PLANNING THE MY NEXT TRIP.

From El Morro along the wall we walked to within sight of the piers and then back to hotel (El Convento) and were only gone maybe 2-1/2 hrs to 3 hrs. BUT WE WERE STROLLING -LOOKING- STOPPING FOR PICS -WINDOW SHOPPING - ETC.

Also had to walk uphill on the way back so slower.

Try not to be in a hurry as it is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace. TIP: Wear comfortable tennis shoes (forget fashion and go for comfort !)

Try to get a copy of the magazine "Que Pasa" they are free and have a wonderful map of old San Juan. Usually in all hotel rooms and at tourist center.

Or do a search online and familiarize yourself before you leave.

Have a great time !!!!!

Jan: I did a short review for another thread : See "Hotel Help - Know this has been addressed" She was leaving soon so posted my experiences there.

We came home so tired I really havent posted much - will get to it soon.

Had an amazing time - even received an invitation to dine with the captain on the 2nd formal evening. Was a highlight of our trip - but the whole 10 days was fantastic. Dont think we would have done anything differently...had cars on St. Maarten and Antigua - did RCI excursion on St Lucia and private taxi tour with Cameron Reid on Barbados. St. Thomas took taxi to Red Hook and ferried to St. John and snorkeled at Trunk Bay then reversed. Book was a definate help in planning. didnt end up doing a whole lot of shopping. Santos in San Juan I liked the guy wanted $180.00 dollars - NO WAY. Bought a carved mask on Barbados, some pineapple jam on Antigua, Banana ketchup on St. Lucia - nothing on St. T, a shadowbox of seeds indigenous to St. Maarten and a gorgeous huge diamond ring for 25th anniversary on Antigua - hence not much other shopping LOL If you have other ??? let me know. Tex

Archived