Live: Silver Muse -Lisbon to Montreal 8/31-9/28

Focused1

Sailing off the north coast of France towards St Malo.

Good you're better and it's a shame you've missed some of your cruise ..... but St Malo is a great place to compensate yourself and indulge yourself on a great fruits de mer and some crisp white wine ........

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&q=fruits+de+mer+st+malo&oq=fruits+de+mer+st+malo&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1l3.1259.4026.0.5024.8.8.0.0.0.0.98.713.8.8.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.8.710...0j0i22i30k1.Z4UI8uEhLaU

Bummer on being sick for part of your cruise, but glad to hear they took good care of you.

Also want to know about the jogging track.

Thank you, Rachel. It is a real bummer especially missing several tours in Bordeaux.

The jogging track( which happens to be steps from our suite on Deck 11) is nicely done in that the coating used provides great traction especially when the rest of the deck is quite slippery in the a.m. It spans about 2/3 the length of the ship and runs right in from of the pizza venue and aft. It hasn't been used very frequently on this port intensive cruise which ends in Southampton on Monday.

Thank you, Rachel. It is a real bummer especially missing several tours in Bordeaux.

The jogging track( which happens to be steps from our suite on Deck 11) is nicely done in that the coating used provides great traction especially when the rest of the deck is quite slippery in the a.m. It spans about 2/3 the length of the ship and runs right in from of the pizza venue and aft. It hasn't been used very frequently on this port intensive cruise which ends in Southampton on Monday.

Thanks for your reply. Really like the non skid coating!

It's hard to believe that the first leg of the cruise is ending tomorrow. We are currently sailing across the English Channel to Southampton after spending the day in Honfleur and taking the Normandy Landing tour. Very well done and moving experience for those of us with relatives who stormed the beach on D Day. The next cruise begins on September 12. Embarking tomorrow are almost 200 guests for a one day cruise so there will be two days in port. For guests continuing on the T/A, we are told that many of the venues will be closed so we will spend our day on a private car tour to Windsor and beyond.

It's hard to believe that the first leg of the cruise is ending tomorrow. We are currently sailing across the English Channel to Southampton after spending the day in Honfleur and taking the Normandy Landing tour. Very well done and moving experience for those of us with relatives who stormed the beach on D Day. The next cruise begins on September 12. Embarking tomorrow are almost 200 guests for a one day cruise so there will be two days in port. For guests continuing on the T/A, we are told that many of the venues will be closed so we will spend our day on a private car tour to Windsor and beyond.

Are you allowed to keep your cabin or are you being kicked off?

Appreciate these great details and updates. Hopefully, the Queen will have greeted you warmly at wonderful Windsor Castle. Keep up the great sharing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 52,841 views for these postings.

The next cruise begins on September 12. Embarking tomorrow are almost 200 guests for a one day cruise so there will be two days in port. For guests continuing on the T/A, we are told that many of the venues will be closed...
What? A 1-day voyage? Is it some sort of industry function to introduce SS agents to the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? A 1-day voyage? Is it some sort of industry function to introduce SS agents to the ship?

Yes, travel agents and other guests of corporate (we are told). We are only allowed to eat at the pizza venue or Art's Cafe.

Are you allowed to keep your cabin or are you being kicked off?

We are able to keep our same cabin to Montreal. Originally, we were booked in two different suites for each leg on deck 9 but one opened for the entire voyage on deck 11. We weren't crazy about being on the top deck but all things considered it has actually been very nice and quiet. With the Observation Lounge steps away plus not having to move the contents of 6 suitcases, it is a win-win.

Yes, travel agents and other guests of corporate (we are told). We are only allowed to eat at the pizza venue or Art's Cafe.
Thx for the context. I hope it goes smooth for you and doesn't encroach on your enjoyment. It sure doesn't seem fair that if a passenger paid for a B2B voyage that included the 1-day industry event they can be excluded from dining wherever they choose.

The next cruise begins on September 12. Embarking tomorrow are almost 200 guests for a one day cruise so there will be two days in port. For guests continuing on the T/A, we are told that many of the venues will be closed so we will spend our day on a private car tour to Windsor and beyond.

We were originally booked on your current Lisbon to Montreal cruises. We were later told that we must disembark in Southampton, along with our luggage and all belongings, find a hotel for one night at our own expense, and re-board the next day to our same suite after the "special event" they were holding. We protested and said we would cancel. (Being 20 year customers we were particularly miffed.) Then we were told that they would consent to keep our luggage stored aboard, but that was all. We cancelled both cruises. Since you are now allowed to stay aboard, they must have changed their approach.

We were originally booked on your current Lisbon to Montreal cruises. We were later told that we must disembark in Southampton, along with our luggage and all belongings, find a hotel for one night at our own expense, and re-board the next day to our same suite after the "special event" they were holding. We protested and said we would cancel. (Being 20 year customers we were particularly miffed.) Then we were told that they would consent to keep our luggage stored aboard, but that was all. We cancelled both cruises. Since you are now allowed to stay aboard, they must have changed their approach.

Yes, they determined it was not a good idea nor selling feature for a Tranatlantic to ask customers to disembark for their one day guests. Who in the world at Silversea could ever think it would be a good idea?

There are approx 35 -40 guests who have stayed on from the previous cruise. They also invited us (the transit guests) to a "special" dinner as part of this all day special event at the various restaurants as a black tie affair, so we didn't have to eat in the pizza restaurant tonight after all.

They also invited us (the transit guests) to a "special" dinner as part of this all day special event at the various restaurants as a black tie affair, so we didn't have to eat in the pizza restaurant tonight after all.
Excellent! Really glad to hear they are doing something special for your B2Bers. Enjoy!

We have just spent the last 3 days in Ireland -Waterford, Cork and Galway, respectively. For each port, the tours varied greatly in quality in terms of the tour guides and itinerary-poor, good and great (Cork tour). Our tour guide on the Waterford tour lost half our group at one stop which really irritated folks.

We lucked out with the weather for the first two days, not so much today in Galway. As another passenger mentioned, there was a rather long tender ride (20-25 minutes) to the landing but fortunately the waters were calm.

Having eaten in all of the restaurants more than once, I can firmly say that Indochine is my least favorite. Service is very slow and disjointed, the food is so-so and quite limited in selection. On the other hand, we very much enjoy Atlantide where the selection of food and service are excellent. And, La Terazza is our second favorite. We also think the pizza is very good.

We are now beginning our T/A crossing. The Captain announced that weather looks "okay" for the first days and is unsure if hurricane Jose will have any impact on us. Fingers crossed!

Having eaten in all of the restaurants more than once, I can firmly say that Indochine is my least favorite. Service is very slow and disjointed, the food is so-so and quite limited in selection. On the other hand, we very much enjoy Atlantide where the selection of food and service are excellent. And, La Terazza is our second favorite. We also think the pizza is very good.

When you disembark in Montreal, we will be boarding the ship, to Fort Lauderdale. We hope we will have good weather and calm seas .. meow!

All your CC friends know how much you have been looking forward to this, so hope you have a purrrrrrific time!

:)

Thank you. We are limited in resources, in health (though not that old) and in mobility. So this is likely one of our final cruises. We hope to try out Seabourn (perhaps San Diego to Vancouver) one of these days. That will likely complete our adventures .. . Most of you are a lot more capable and healthy than we are!

Thank you. We are limited in resources, in health (though not that old) and in mobility. So this is likely one of our final cruises. We hope to try out Seabourn (perhaps San Diego to Vancouver) one of these days. That will likely complete our adventures .. . Most of you are a lot more capable and healthy than we are!

Understood, and don't under estimate how much of your adventures over time has been followed. Hopefully your mobility and resources, and a bit of ingenuity and good fortune will keep you in the travels you desire.

When the cash becomes too short you will find other pleasures.

Enjoy your cruise.

I had a nice conversation with our Cruise Director Jimmy this morning. He was very informative on why some of the Muse procedures were what they were. Indeed the formal tea was eliminated because of the Arts Cafe addition. I would like to suggest that the Arts Cafe be expanded and moved to mid ship if it is going to be the only all day venue for coffee and tea. Everyone has commented that the Dolce Vita seems too vast, so maybe here would be a great place for the Arts Cafe (at least on e new Moon)?

It wouldn't be impossible to add a formal tea in the future again, but due to new ship construction restrictions on food handling there has to be coolers available to keep the food in prior to serving. I would personally like to see SS consider having a formal tea at least on sea days. The Panorama lounge might be the only viable place to have a formal tea, if they still have enough coolers installed here. A question that only SS knows the answer?

The morning bouillon should be available at any bar. One can ask for this, which I think I will later to make sure they are providing this service.

I definitely want to see some limited coffee & tea availability in the Observation lounge each morning. The distance from the Arts Cafe and the Observation lounge is just too great not to consider adding this feature.

Some of my concerns about the ability to bring food from one restaurant to another were explained. It seems that the kitchens are not connected in a way that allows a free flow of food from one to another. Having a waiter leave one venue and walking though another restaurant to get a specific item and then back again makes sharing very difficult. Other SS ships presently don't have this many venues so it hasn't become an issue. I am wondering if the dry dock for the Spirit and the construction of the Moon will leave only the original ships with the flexibility we have seen prior to the Muse? Not that change is bad, it just makes one a little uncomfortable until we get use to it?

The ship has handled itself very well so far on the crossing. Not too much movement so I doubt we will have any with sea sickness. Lectures are very good and informative. Overall a great relaxing cruise with enough to keep you busy or time just to chill out. All the above comments and suggestions are really minor compared to the overall experience of the Muse.

Ok, a trivia question that I picked up from Jimmy: What are all of the SS ships named for? Answer later.