Budget Hotels by Heathrow?

Lynda S

We will be in transit from Nairobi to Vancouver in June and will have a 2 day layover in London. I like the idea of staying by the airport for the convenience, but do not want to spend an arm and a leg on a hotel. Can anyone recommend a budget hotel? Plain is good, as long as it is clean. It would be good if the Hoppa bus goes to it as well then we wouldn't have to worry about taxi's. I have come across one that seems to fit the bill - has anyone stayed at the Shepiston Lodge? The going price for that one is 65 GPB (about 110.00 US per night).

If you have two days in London, I wouldn't myself stay near the airport. You're either going to be somewhere suburban and possibly difficult to get to, like the Shepiston Lodge, or expensive because it's an airport hotel. (The Shepiston Lodge may only be 20 minutes by train to "central London", but that's the time to Paddington, from which it will take you another 20-30 minutes to get to the tourist areas, plus that 10 minute walk from the hotel to Hayes station, plus waiting for the next train which could be up to 20 minutes. Also, that hotel would definitely be a taxi trip to/from the airport.)

If you do want to stay near the airport, but want to keep the cost down, you could try Pricelining a room.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived