Probable change for Allure Sept 3rd....weather

Hurricane Irma has strengthened and will be moving towards Puerto Rico and USVI..long range forecast for next week is rain each day

Stops in San Juan and St Thomas are looking doubtful, we're on that cruise and looking forward to an announcement from RCCL.

Just got to go with the flow....this kind of stuff makes life interesting.

The latest forecasts do show the storm curving south a bit more toward the lesser Antilles but of course no one can predict the weather.

I'm on that cruise. I'm fine with changing ports. I have my personal catalog of fun (and sometimes free) beaches and will go where the ship takes me.

Well, it's looking to form into a major hurricane and it is hard for me not to care about the people and livelihood within the potential path of destruction. Our cruise is meaningless to those concerns and honestly, it would be hard for me to have a good time on vacation when so much destruction is going on nearby.

Is this almost like yelling fire in a crowded theater?

It's more like yelling fire in a crowded theater if a lit candle fell next to hanging curtains. It's not a fire yet, but it has the potential of being something very large. According to the current conditions and models Irma could be a Cat 4 hurricane with potential landfall, and that alone is something to be closely monitoring.

It's more like yelling fire in a crowded theater if a lit candle fell next to hanging curtains. It's not a fire yet, but it has the potential of being something very large. According to the current conditions and models Irma could be a Cat 4 hurricane with potential landfall, and that alone is something to be closely monitoring.

Nah - More like someone is outside the theater, about a block away, smoking a cigarette and considering bringing it into the movie theater and sitting by the curtain. Way to early to speculate anything at this point - especially to title the thread "Probable change for Allure..."

Nah - More like someone is outside the theater, about a block away, smoking a cigarette and considering bringing it into the movie theater and sitting by the curtain. Way to early to speculate anything at this point - especially to title the thread "Probable change for Allure..."

I will disagree. That's what the predictive modeling is for, is purely to speculate ("predict" is a better word) where the hurricane is going. The hurricane is there. The current conditions allow for the storm to intensify greatly. Many forecast models line it up directly with the Caribbean and Florida. In my opinion, this is the perfect time to prepare. I'm not saying to start evacuating or sound the alarms now, but simply to keep an eye on it and be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Again, I hope it's all for not.

I was going to say something very similar. PURE SPECULATION at this point.

yeah considering its suppose to be smack dab in the middle of the eastern ports during the cruise..... its relevant. It his highly likely this cruise will switched to western itinerary.

Ship sails Sunday, if they make an itinerary switch it will be in the next 72 hours.....thats way to early?? really?

Ship sails Sunday, if they make an itinerary switch it will be in the next 72 hours.....thats way to early?? really?

Considering they made NO decision about Liberty until the day it was initially supposed to sail? Yeah - I'd say 72 hours is WAY too early for RCCL to make any kind of call. At least publicly.