Princess@Sea download

Anubi

Maybe it comes up over and over because there are those who do not know the answer. It must be awesome to know everything and only have answers;)

As I learned from "The Joy of Cooking," there are two kinds of knowledge: knowing information and knowing how to find information.

Maybe it comes up over and over because there are those who do not know the answer. It must be awesome to know everything and only have answers;)

As I learned from "The Joy of Cooking," there are two kinds of knowledge: knowing information and knowing how to find information.

I once applied for a job with Student Computing when attending University. I was asked a question in relation to an Excel problem. I said I didn't know the answer but I knew what the relationship between the cells should be and that I could find the answer if asked a similar question while working. This was the exact answer they were looking for. Later in life when looking for a promotion at work I was asked about something and said I didn't know the answer but knew where to find it. Again, this was the exact thing they were looking for. Anybody who says they know all the answers is wrong.

I don't have an issue with people asking questions that have been asked before. I merely stated that this particular question has been asked many times on the same forums. Any search here on CC will surely turn up the answer. That was my point. So many people ask the same questions without ever looking for the answer first. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. It wasn't my intention.

We sailed on the Norwegian Epic last April. NCL has an app similar to Princess@Sea called iConcierge. The messenger part was just about as useless and you had to pay $10.00 to use it. We were with a group of two other couples. We found we were able to communicate with iMessage. In fact, we could text through iMessage with folks at home while only connected through the intranet. (airplane mode, wifi on). Have no idea how that worked and it didn't all the time.

We sailed on the Norwegian Epic last April. NCL has an app similar to Princess@Sea called iConcierge. The messenger part was just about as useless and you had to pay $10.00 to use it. We were with a group of two other couples. We found we were able to communicate with iMessage. In fact, we could text through iMessage with folks at home while only connected through the intranet. (airplane mode, wifi on). Have no idea how that worked and it didn't all the time.

I had the same experience on Celebrity a few years back. However it only worked between iPhones. One of the friends that we were traveling with had an Android so she was out of the loop. It was great being able to communicate to with my kid's who were at home. I had no idea why it worked. I assumed it was a glitch. As it turned out we had purchased internet minutes and were never able to log on and use them even in the internet cafe.

I had the same experience on Celebrity a few years back. However it only worked between iPhones. One of the friends that we were traveling with had an Android so she was out of the loop. It was great being able to communicate to with my kid's who were at home. I had no idea why it worked. I assumed it was a glitch. As it turned out we had purchased internet minutes and were never able to log on and use them even in the internet cafe.

So why didn't you simply ask for assistance? Staff will gladly help with issues such as this. I don't get it. :confused:

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, denmarks said:

I am going on a NON Medallion Class cruise next month and I know there is no app and you get Princess@Sea through your browser.

If you have Medallion Class does an app replace Princess@Sea or do you have both?

It's not an App as such on a Medallion cruise. I can't recall what the Princess@sea equivalent was called but recently on the Royal (which was Medallion class) you still just entered something in your browser and there it was. There is a card in your cabin and the set up instructions were very clear and took about 30 seconds. There was also a button on that screen to access your internet if you had paid for it. In other words, nothing much different.