Hurricane Irma Watch

I'm glad we got insurance months ago. Most policies will only include hurricane aid if you sign up before the storm is named, and Irma was named several days ago.

At his point I'm wondering if my cruise will even happen. Supposed to be 9/10 (Allure) and we're flying in from the Bay Area on 9/9. It seems if they wait until the last minute to cancel the cruise we'll be in the area, and potentially in harm's way of the storm. We're booked at the Embassy Suites, which like many of the hotels there, is right on or near the water's edge. This could be a very sticky situation and I hope a decision is made before we leave. I don't want to be there then be stuck there.

I would recommend that you look into possibly changing your flights and fly in even earlier. Depending on the timing of this storm, you may have difficulty getting in on the 9th as you planned. It's better to get there early than stress at the last minute if you're going to make your flight. Perhaps also make a cancelable reservation at a hotel a little further inland.

So far this is looking hopeful... for the most part. On this model most of the predicted paths have Irma staying north. Here's hoping Irma does indeed stay north and doesn't make any landfall.

storm_11

I know there are a few other models that don't look so good, though.

I have friends in NYC and NJ who are stocking up on water and charged batteries today.

Why? I live in NJ and we are expecting a little rain leftover from Harvey tomorrow and Sunday but no major storms.

I am keeping an eye on Irma because we will be coming home from Canada on the 15th

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why? I live in NJ and we are expecting a little rain leftover from Harvey tomorrow and Sunday but no major storms.

I am keeping an eye on Irma because we will be coming home from Canada on the 15th

Northerly pressure forming south of the lesser Antilles brings a very small but calculated risk of the storm pushing along the Atlantic coast and making landfall in that region.

Is it a big risk? Of course not. Is it likely? Very unlikely. But since the pressure front is building, spending $50 to buy a few jugs of water and a USB battery pack makes good sense.

These were the same people who weathered the last NYC hurricane with zero complaints and plenty of battery life on their phones.

On Oasis Sept 10th and leaving PDX for Orlando on Wed night red eye. Watching for Irma. Have had itineries changed and reversed over the years due to Tropical storms and stayed out at sea a few extra days for Jean in '04.

Cruising during hurricaine season is always an adventure. Just be prepared to go with the flow. ;)

Safe cruising everyone.

One thing to note is when you take all of history's tropical storms and hurricanes, the peak day for them is September 10th. So the week before and after are ALWAYS the highest risk weeks for weather related problems -- probably why cruises are so cheap those weeks and why I always cruise the first week of September. Price was a steal!

I'm leaving home Sunday morning driving to SC and NC. Today I started putting all my outdoor loose items into shed, which caused my neighbor to come over to ask if he had missed some hurricane notice☺ I am debating what items to pack into car, don't want to add too much. Planning is complicated since I am on gluten free diet.

I'm actually more concerned about gas shortages along interstate. Thankfully my car gets very good mileage.

Hoping that by my cruise date on Sept 23 storm will have passed Bermuda. I've never been on Anthem, so worst case if Bermuda is skipped being on ship will be fun.

Allure will sail this Sunday -- I'm on it as well. I am doubting (my opinion only) that it will hit Nassau so I assume we'll port there, then a sea day. The sea day is when the storm will be approaching San Juan and St. Thomas so I wonder if the captain will take us to Key West and Cozumel instead of Nassau if the hurricane track approaches San Juan.

Allure is not going to Key West. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Flying in on 9/8 for Harmony 9/9. We have never been to any of these ports, always sailed out of Galveston so looking forward to it, the only excursion booked so far is Puerto Rico. Hopefully Irma won't cause to many problems for anyone. Our first cruise was Carnival Celebration in 2002 and we followed a hurricane. It was really rough, missed 1 port, have never seen so much vomit all over the place and at times it was like being on a roller coaster but this will be our 7th cruise so I guess that means we still liked it.

Important update for your upcoming cruise onboard Allure of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Update: Hurricane Irma has recently developed in the Caribbean and is tracking west as a Category 2 hurricane. Given the storm's location and for your comfort and safety, it is necessary to alter our Eastern Caribbean itinerary to the Western Caribbean calling on Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; and our private destination, Labadee, Haiti. We know this change may be disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment while onboard. More detailed information can be found on royalcaribbean.com. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-256-6649. We will update you again at 1 pm tomorrow.

We are on the September 3 cruise and have been informed...they have switched to Western Caribbean...so for us...East...West...it's fine whatever it is...

Everyone.....stay calm....enjoy...most of "us" have been Eastern and Western before....( I just love the ship....the ports....eeeccchhh...seen one seen em' all)