Hurricane Irma Watch

Not that anyone needs more to worry about, but based on the attached posted on their facebook page 5 hours ago, it appears many cars in the Park n Cruise lot (Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island) were damaged by a tornado. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this storm. Here is what they posted.

POST HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE: Prior to Hurricane Irma, the Park n Cruise staff continuously prepped our facility for the worst case scenario; which was a predicted direct hit. Throughout the day and night of the storm our staff periodically visited the lot to assess the performance of our facility as well as the condition of our customers vehicles. Our last visual inspection, during the storm around 9pm, showed that our facility was handling the storm without issue. Moreover; the wellbeing of all customer vehicles at this time was proof positive that our pre-storm preparations were worthwhile.

Upon returning to our facility the following morning, we discovered Park N Cruise had been struck by a powerful tornado some time after our last inspection. The force of this tornado resulted in the complete loss of our Park N Cruise home. Additionally, the majority of our customers vehicles received some level of damage. Most of the damage to vehicles included shattered windows and body damage. However; there are about a dozen vehicles that are assumed to be a complete loss.

This feeling of complete loss is only equaled by our feeling of helplessness in our ability to prevent ANY damage to our customers vehicles.

Regardless, of the fact that our business and facility is a complete loss, our families remained safe throughout the storm…And for that we are thankful beyond measure.

Park N Cruise is in direct contact with the Port Canaveral Port Authority and WILL be there tomorrow to pick up and transport all customers back to their vehicle.

Additionally: the below.

Customers currently on Carnival Magic or the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas can text their valet ticket # to 866-706-8999 for an update on your vehicles condition. We will text back as soon as possible...please keep in mind we are without power & water and communication is spotty at best....but we will respond.

Edited by VaTech8912

Not that anyone needs more to worry about, but based on the attached posted on their facebook page 5 hours ago, it appears many cars in the Park n Cruise lot (Sea Ray Drive, Merritt Island) were damaged by a tornado. Here is what they posted.

POST HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE: Prior to Hurricane Irma, the Park n Cruise staff continuously prepped our facility for the worst case scenario; which was a predicted direct hit. Throughout the day and night of the storm our staff periodically visited the lot to assess the performance of our facility as well as the condition of our customers vehicles. Our last visual inspection, during the storm around 9pm, showed that our facility was handling the storm without issue. Moreover; the wellbeing of all customer vehicles at this time was proof positive that our pre-storm preparations were worthwhile.

Upon returning to our facility the following morning, we discovered Park N Cruise had been struck by a powerful tornado some time after our last inspection. The force of this tornado resulted in the complete loss of our Park N Cruise home. Additionally, the majority of our customers vehicles received some level of damage. Most of the damage to vehicles included shattered windows and body damage. However; there are about a dozen vehicles that are assumed to be a complete loss.

This feeling of complete loss is only equaled by our feeling of helplessness in our ability to prevent ANY damage to our customers vehicles.

Regardless, of the fact that our business and facility is a complete loss, our families remained safe throughout the storm…And for that we are thankful beyond measure.

Park N Cruise is in direct contact with the Port Canaveral Port Authority and WILL be there tomorrow to pick up and transport all customers back to their vehicle.

Additionally: the below.

Customers currently on Carnival Magic or the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas can text their valet ticket # to 866-706-8999 for an update on your vehicles condition. We will text back as soon as possible...please keep in mind we are without power & water and communication is spotty at best....but we will respond.

This is a good reason why it is better to pay the higher Port Cananeral parking fee (i.e., park on level 3 or 4 of the garage) when going on a Oasis cruise, especially during hurricane season.

This is a good reason why it is better to pay the higher Port Cananeral parking fee (i.e., park on level 3 or 4 of the garage) when going on a Oasis cruise, especially during hurricane season.

Bit early for "I told you so"s, isn't it? At least let people get to their cars and assess damage before assigning blame.

Besides, it was a freaking tornado. They got incredibly unlucky, that's all.

We're hoping to be on the shortened Allure cruise tomorrow. I didn't print our boarding documents prior to the original departure date because I wasn't sure if we'd be able to make it. And now that the original sail date has passed I can't access the reservation in My Cruises on the site! Will this cause me problems at check in tomorrow? We did check in online we just won't have the cruise documents in hand.

I did the same thing. I called and they said as long as I have our documentation, it won't be a problem.

I just can't wait to get on Oasis tomorrow. My best friend was supposed to come, but she panicked and cancelled Sunday. She tried to reinstate it, but they said no.

I did the same thing. I called and they said as long as I have our documentation, it won't be a problem.

I just can't wait to get on Oasis tomorrow. My best friend was supposed to come, but she panicked and cancelled Sunday. She tried to reinstate it, but they said no.

Good to hear! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you enjoy your time on Oasis. We still have a flight to get through in the morning so keep your fingers crossed for us!

Please keep us posted as to the situation on the roads. We are driving down 95 S on Saturday to Oasis. Checking my hotel now.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just drove from Jacksonville this morning. Absolutely no trouble or traffic. Made it just over 2 hrs.

Thank you!

Sorry you could not make it!

She really wanted to meet you!

Have fun on your cruise.

Maybe we can sail with you sometime!!!!

Thanks, John! I feel like i know her and was really looking forward to meeting her!

Hopefully we will all get to cruise together one day in the not-too-distant future. Until then, for now, I'll watch for updates, hope they have perfect weather and perfect seas. Those aboard deserve that much!