No more clean sheets?

Les999

It appears that P & O have decided that passengers no longer need clean sheets.

Sheets were always changed every 3 days but I am informed that passengers are now expected to go 8 days before getting clean bed linen.

I find this absolutely disgusting. How can they call their cruises luxury with such poor standards.

Great to hear other people's views.

I certainly think this would be a shame and a retrograde step. On the other hand, I don't change my sheets every three days at home so can't get overly excited about this and certainly don't feel it is "absolutely disgusting".

On a cruise onboard Oriana in 2014 our sheets were changed on a regular basis which was fine until the last day of the cruise when we went under the bed to pull out our suitcases to pack. All the dirty bed linen for the duration of the cruise had been stuffed under the bed. Was not a happy bunny and went straight to reception could not remove gratuity for just cabin steward without affecting waiters who had been brilliant so at receptions advice made a formal complaint about the cabin steward and had to fill in a form.

I only change our sheets once a week so I am not upset about P&O doing the same thing. I just want to know, if they are changing them every 8 days does this mean that when I board after the ship has done less than 8 days since the last change will I get dirty sheets :eek:;p:rolleyes:

It appears that P & O have decided that passengers no longer need clean sheets.

Sheets were always changed every 3 days but I am informed that passengers are now expected to go 8 days before getting clean bed linen.

I find this absolutely disgusting. How can they call their cruises luxury with such poor standards.

Great to hear other people's views.

Do you have any evidence apart from 'it appears that' for this 'fact'?

Not sure I understand why it matters if they have been used by other people as long as they have been washed?

You obviously haven't seen bloodstains,torn sheets unidentifiable marks etc.

What about the Duvets?

How often are they washed or do they just change the covers?.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

About 3 years ago on embarkation day we were still in our suite and the cabin steward asked if he could start changing the bed for the next passengers. I really wish we hadn't said yes now. (What you don't see you don't grieve over)After watching him drag the duvet and the cover all over the floor and stepping all over it a few times, I wouldn't have considered the sheets or the duvet clean. So it doesn't matter how often the sheets are changed I'll never regard bedding on ships as clean.:(

About 3 years ago on embarkation day we were still in our suite and the cabin steward asked if he could start changing the bed for the next passengers. I really wish we hadn't said yes now. (What you don't see you don't grieve over)After watching him drag the duvet and the cover all over the floor and stepping all over it a few times, I wouldn't have considered the sheets or the duvet clean. So it doesn't matter how often the sheets are changed I'll never regard bedding on ships as clean.:(

I found this post eye opening and concerning too,thanks for sharing.

We always bring out own pillow cases because often the pillows have a dirty smell about them.

I always take the throw thing and the coloured cushions off the bed when we arrive and put them at the top of the wardrobe and ask the Steward not to bother to put them back on every day. I am certain that they aren't washed between guests so goodness knows what has been on them.

I always take the throw thing and the coloured cushions off the bed when we arrive and put them at the top of the wardrobe and ask the Steward not to bother to put them back on every day. I am certain that they aren't washed between guests so goodness knows what has been on them.

We do that too.

Just been reading a thread on bed bugs and reading some of these posts i can see how they could thrive.