Flying into Seattle Airport and getting Shuttles.

Marie50

Thinking of flying from Florida to Seattle to take the Alaska cruise. Can you tell me if there are any hotels that offer free shuttles from the airport. Also are there any hotels that offer both airport shuttles and port shuttles. Just trying to figure out how to get from point A to point B. Also best way to get from the port back to the airport. Thanks for any help from anyone who has done this.

There are lots of hotels in the immediate area of SeaTac that offer free shuttles to and from the airport. I am not aware that they offer free shuttles to the port. One option, if you are flying in the night before, is to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport in the morning and take the Princess transfer to the pier. Also you can take the Princess transfer from the ship to the airport at the end of the cruise.

Thinking of flying from Florida to Seattle to take the Alaska cruise. Can you tell me if there are any hotels that offer free shuttles from the airport. Also are there any hotels that offer both airport shuttles and port shuttles. Just trying to figure out how to get from point A to point B. Also best way to get from the port back to the airport. Thanks for any help from anyone who has done this.

Uber/Lyft are great.

We stay at the Silvercloud Lake Union/shuttle to port

and the Silvercloud Stadium location/shuttle to port.

Don't think you will find many with an airport PU.

https://www.silvercloud.com

West Coast departures board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=413

If it were me, I would take the SoundTransit rail downtown (it's only a couple of bucks, and there is a station at Sea-Tac) and then Uber or Lyft to the port in the morning. That's the cheapest way to do it.

Check the West Coast Homeports section on this board for very good info on Seattle. WE flew from ATL to Seattle two years ago and got a lot of good tips on this board. We had a car pick us up at the airport and took us to our Hampton Inn Downtown (very convenient to the Space Needle and monorail) to be able to see some of the city while we were there. Also, a grocery store just down the block from hotel to pick up our bottles of wine. Had same shuttle service pick us up in the morning of cruise and take us to the port. On our return we used Princess transfer to airport and Express Air (Princess takes your luggage to the airport and you don't see it again until you are at your final destination) Hope this helps some.

Depending on the amount of time the OP will have between arriving in Seattle and boarding the ship, the best advice is to stay somewhere in the wharf area with all the restaurants and points of interest. The airport area which has hotels is a bit out of Seattle and rather plain. As another pointed out there is a rail option to go downtown. The port is in an industrial area north of the downtown area and requires a taxi/uber/limo. At the port the taxis have their own lane while passenger vehicles (includes uber) have to use a different lane into the port. It can be very crowded in the port area. Often the Princess and HAL ship will be using the port at the same time (5000+ pax boarding and 5000+ deboarding). We use the son (DS) taxi!

If it were me, I would take the SoundTransit rail downtown (it's only a couple of bucks, and there is a station at Sea-Tac) and then Uber or Lyft to the port in the morning. That's the cheapest way to do it.

Link light rail is great, BUT I wouldn't recommend it with luggage. It's set up for commuter traffic, and you'll have to go to a bike storage area or similar. Then, when it's time to get off the train, you'd better be able to roll right off or madly chuck your suitcases out the door; they aren't leisurely stops, particularly downtown where the transit tunnel shares with buses.

Link light rail is great, BUT I wouldn't recommend it with luggage. It's set up for commuter traffic, and you'll have to go to a bike storage area or similar. Then, when it's time to get off the train, you'd better be able to roll right off or madly chuck your suitcases out the door; they aren't leisurely stops, particularly downtown where the transit tunnel shares with buses.

I've done it several times, with luggage, and I've never had issue with it. However, I am transit savvy, so I would take into account both ability and comfortability. Your mileage may vary.

There are several hotels that have free airport shuttles. I was just there and there were many hotel shuttles going around while I was waiting for mine. I have not found any airport hotels that will shuttle you to the port. It's a long ride. I use Seattle Express. I've used them twice and they've given excellent service both times. Both times I booked round trip service. You book a pick up time at the hotel and they are there on time. When you get off the ship you go out to the end of the line of shuttles and they will be there waiting for you. It's pretty affordable, too.

There are several hotels that have free airport shuttles. I was just there and there were many hotel shuttles going around while I was waiting for mine. I have not found any airport hotels that will shuttle you to the port. It's a long ride. I use Seattle Express. I've used them twice and they've given excellent service both times. Both times I booked round trip service. You book a pick up time at the hotel and they are there on time. When you get off the ship you go out to the end of the line of shuttles and they will be there waiting for you. It's pretty affordable, too.

Thats funny......my son lives there and I am in and out quite often for cruises and to see him and find just the opposite.