bringing water and soda on board Liberty of the Seas

mt82

I always take a case of water onboard Liberty. I just tape a luggage tag on it. Latest was this June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thank you so much, I am going to take one, if they throw it out then I am only out about 3 dollars

;p

Does water or soda need to be in a suitcase or can you tape a luggage tag to the boxes?

Depends on the port. Sounds like Galveston does not care much and you can get away with taping a tag to a case of water. At Port Canaveral, you need to put the water/soda in a suitcase.

Depends on the port. Sounds like Galveston does not care much and you can get away with taping a tag to a case of water. At Port Canaveral, you need to put the water/soda in a suitcase.

So I am thinking water with luggage tags

Cokes in its own bag, don't want it to spill on clothes😜

And, I am thinking I need cans as I don't want them confiscated due to RC thinking I spiked them

We were on Liberty in August and our friends brought on a 12 pack of cherry Pepsi. They put it in their carry on roller bag and security didn't even make them open up the suitcase. There was a guy sitting at a table with all sorts of bottles of alcohol they had confiscated and tagged. But the soda was not a problem.

So I am thinking water with luggage tags

Cokes in its own bag, don't want it to spill on clothes😜

And, I am thinking I need cans as I don't want them confiscated due to RC thinking I spiked them

I agree, cans have seemed to be less suspicious to the security people.

We were on Liberty in August and our friends brought on a 12 pack of cherry Pepsi. They put it in their carry on roller bag and security didn't even make them open up the suitcase. There was a guy sitting at a table with all sorts of bottles of alcohol they had confiscated and tagged. But the soda was not a problem.

Awesome, thanks

I'm on the Liberty right now. I brought two 6 packs of soda in a duffle bag. No problem. We flew to TX so I had the empty duffle in a suitcase. Picked up the soda local. Have a fabulous cruise. :)

Thank you so much.

When you say duffle bag, did you carry the soda on board?

Was it a name brand like coke? or a store brand that they won't be selling on board?

Again thank you so much

:D

I've done it both ways - put it in its own bag, and put a luggage tag on the case. I've never had a problem. On my last cruise, I thought my water may have been confiscated when it didn't arrive at my cabin. They sent me down to lost luggage, and it turned out the luggage tag had fallen off of the bag. I very clearly told them it was a bag with water in it, and had no issues at all.

Thank you so much.

When you say duffle bag, did you carry the soda on board?

Was it a name brand like coke? or a store brand that they won't be selling on board?

Again thank you so much

:D

I put the sodas in a small duffle with my travel neck pillow and a rolled up travel blanket that o use on the plane. I had (2) 6 packs of the 16 oz plastic bottles. One was Coke Zero and the other was Diet Dr Pepper (which they actually serve on the Liberty). Happy cruising!

I put the sodas in a small duffle with my travel neck pillow and a rolled up travel blanket that o use on the plane. I had (2) 6 packs of the 16 oz plastic bottles. One was Coke Zero and the other was Diet Dr Pepper (which they actually serve on the Liberty). Happy cruising!

I forgot to add that we gave the duffle to a porter with the luggage and it was all delivered to our stateroom with no problems.

12 pack per person? I'm thinking about taking a 12 pack of tea bottles and wondered it we could take water too if I did that.

And wine. One bottle per person right?

The official rule from Royal is 2 bottles of 750ml wine per stateroom (amount of occupants does not matter), and no other beverages allowed. Take it for what it is worth.

12 pack per person? I'm thinking about taking a 12 pack of tea bottles and wondered it we could take water too if I did that.

And wine. One bottle per person right?

The wine is carry on, 2 bottles per state room...750ml max each bottle.

Water, I am taking a case, putting a luggage tag on it and giving it to the porter