Rotterdam cabin 7053

wwinfl91

We are getting ready to book a 21 day cruise on the Rotterdam that goes up into Norway and back. Right now we have a hold on Cabin (min-suite) 7053. It is at the rear of the ship on the Navigation deck on the starboard (right) side of the ship. I have 2 concerns about this cabin. One is that it under a public area at the rear of the ship with chairs and a bar where it could be noisy early in the morning. I don't worry too much about late at night on a HAL cruise. Second concern is does anyone know where the designated smoking area is on the aft of the Rotterdam? The reason I am asking is I have talked with people who had cabins with verandahs that were under a smoking area on different ships and they complained that the smoke sometimes was so thick it made it hard to use their balcony. Anyway if anyone has had cabin 7053 on the Rotterdam or one of the other cabins around it and can give me any feedback I would appreciate it.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

We sail sistership "Amsterdam" often - in those cabins toward the rear of the ship AND love them [ They have showers NO tub!] Noise has never been a problem; and I honestly think fewer and fewer people are smoking so that hasn't been "A problem"

There was an early morning noise problem that we laughed when we heard what it was; it was setting up MANY chairs for a Sunday morning CHURCH service!!!!! But other than that I don't remember night/noises!

You will also be fairly close to the rear elevators -no noise- but EASY access. ENJOY your cruise!

On the Rotterdam in late July--wonderful cruise and we did not have the issues of dripping water that a recent reviewer had.

We had family in 7046 on that cruise on the Rotterdam. They complained about the noise of moving chairs in the early morning hours from the Lido deck above and ended up moving to a spa cabin on the next deck down (they loved the fancy chocolates each evening). 7053 is on the opposite side and underneath the smoking area, but it seemed to be a more closed in area on the ocean side so the smoke would be more likely to drift out the back more than down the side of the ship. There were usually several smokers sitting there but not huge crowds.