Silver Spirits Beverage Package Option

sabrefan

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Just in case someone else reads this-no alcohol in the fridge in V or DV. V drawers do not get replenished (unless you do it yourself which is what we did). DV gets refilled Dailey with soft drinks. 

Thank you .. yes, I should have mentioned that. 👍

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Doberman.

As a stark reminder to not have hopes or expectations, the breeder called an hour after I posted the photo to tell us the male with the yellow collar died, and that she was keeping the other three.

Oh how heartbreaking!  I am so sorry for you.

22 hours ago, Gayletwomey said:

So if you have the SS they won’t put alcohol in your fridge if you are DV?  Or do you have to order it from room service?

The SS package and the in-room mini bar are separate issues. Depending on your cabin category you will have specific mini bar benefits - as discussed in prior posts.

The SS package is described in the Viking website as;

Viking offers a Silver Spirits beverage package, which covers any drinks (excluding champagne) up to $15.00, including premium wines by the glass, cocktails, all house pouring wines, beers, liquors, well drinks, mixers/long drinks and soft drinks throughout the day for a flat fee per guest. 

Note that wine is 'by the glass'. So no, you can't ask for your DV mini bar (or any other mini bar) to be topped up with a bottle because you have the SS package. 

But yes, anyone can order wines by the glass from room service - and if you have the SS package there would be no additional charge for doing this.

Of course prepare to be pleasantly surprised by the service you receive once on board. I recall one occasion where I asked for 2 glasses of wine in the Explorers Lounge. The bar man asked where I was sitting and I told him no, I'm taking these back to the room. He grabbed a bottle which was about one third full and handed it to me. He said something like 'you might spill the wine from the glasses, this will be more convenient'.

I took the bottle back to the cabin.

Of course 'rules' might be different post pandemic.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2021 at 10:44 PM, Jim Avery said:

And we had full bottles of Baileys for coffee.  Along with Jack and vodka 

Wow. Was this a world cruise thing, or possible on any cruise with the Silver Spirits plan? Not that I actually need a whole bottle of Baileys, but still …

On 4/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, Little Monty said:

On arrival there was a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne (which we don't drink). I left a note on the desk asking for that to be replaced with a sav blanc or something similar. 2 hours later we returned, Aussie sav blanc in mini bar as requested.

Oh, excellent! Maybe we can swap for New Zealand sav blanc. 

Hello Everyone

We are Ross & Sharon from Brantford Ontario, Canada. This will be our first ever WC and really excited about it. 

We start off in LA and are doing the pre cruise extension....anyone else doing that? 

I just found the roll call for this so I'm trying to do catch up with reading the posts

Heidi....I saw a post about a memory book of the cruise....was trying to find out more about it but could not....can you tell me about it?

Anyway.....looking forward to meeting all you nice folks

Sharon Grant

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

Oh, excellent! Maybe we can swap for New Zealand sav blanc. 

'Overstone' sav blanc from the Hawkes Bay Region of NZ was very popular last time we were on board.

In Australia, Margaret River and Adelaide Hills are both well regarded sav blanc producing areas so keep an eye out for those options as well.

Enjoy.

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

Wow. Was this a world cruise thing, or possible on any cruise with the Silver Spirits plan? Not that I actually need a whole bottle of Baileys, but still …

I think it was a WC thing as we would have wasted a lot in a week or two cruise.  Two bottles saw us through 4 months. 😳

• Like 1

4 hours ago, circeechar said:

Hello Everyone

We are Ross & Sharon from Brantford Ontario, Canada. This will be our first ever WC and really excited about it. 

We start off in LA and are doing the pre cruise extension....anyone else doing that? 

I just found the roll call for this so I'm trying to do catch up with reading the posts

Heidi....I saw a post about a memory book of the cruise....was trying to find out more about it but could not....can you tell me about it?

Anyway.....looking forward to meeting all you nice folks

Sharon Grant

Welcome, fellow Canadians. May I suggest posting on the Roll Call where I recently posted information on the cruise album on page 52, post #1283. If you have any questions we can answer them on the Roll Call, so we don't hijack this thread.

BTW - we are also boarding in L/A. We have at least 2 other couples coming from Ontario.

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I think it was a WC thing as we would have wasted a lot in a week or two cruise.  Two bottles saw us through 4 months. 😳

I have no idea how long it would take us to struggle through a bottle of Bailey’s. But I’d be happy to run the experiment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1