What is the appeal of sea days?

Doggielover68

Am I missing something? I don't particularly care for sea days. Everything feels crowded and the activities are repetitive. I also don't want to spend the day reading a book or playing cards because I can do those things at home for free. What do you do on sea days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The ship's gotta "drive" somewhere. So there are sea days. Some people don't feel like they can relax at home. Too many responsibilities or they feel guilty if they are not always doing something around the house. They might try new things they wouldn't normally do as far as activities or food and drink while they are not busy in port. Seems rather an odd question to post for someone who has been on here for 3.5 years and has over 800 posts. This is just occurring to you?

Actually my favorite day is to make a port day into a sea day. I often don't get off the ship (or a short shore-side visit) and I get to enjoy the ship w/o all the crowds you mention.

Now sea days on a T.A. are a lot different. Often since it's cooler, there are tons of entertainment/activity options rather than crowding around the pool. Depending on the line, they often bring in stellar entertainment (not the usual song and dance groups).

The ship's gotta "drive" somewhere. So there are sea days. Some people don't feel like they can relax at home. Too many responsibilities or they feel guilty if they are not always doing something around the house. They might try new things they wouldn't normally do as far as activities or food and drink while they are not busy in port. Seems rather an odd question to post for someone who has been on here for 3.5 years and has over 800 posts. This is just occurring to you?

No, it is not just occurring to me. I have never liked them. I brought it up because of the recent itinerary changes and ports being replaced with sea days instead of different ports. I understand the reasoning behind it so no lecture needed. I am just wondering what other people do on sea days to make them enjoyable.

I spent a career in the Navy and still love being on a ship at sea. Wouldn't care if there were no activities onboard. This is one of the reasons transatlantic's appeal to me so much! :)

I cruise for the sea days, the ports are secondary for me.

Actually my favorite day is to make a port day into a sea day. I often don't get off the ship (or a short shore-side visit) and I get to enjoy the ship w/o all the crowds you mention.

Now sea days on a T.A. are a lot different. Often since it's cooler, there are tons of entertainment/activity options rather than crowding around the pool. Depending on the line, they often bring in stellar entertainment (not the usual song and dance groups).

We usually get off in each port first thing in the morning for 4-5 hours. We do enjoy returning to the ship early and enjoying the emptiness of it. We also like to walk around to find places to take great pictures of the ports, people watch, look at other ships, watch for pier runners, etc.

We're not fans of sea days but they have some attraction especially intermixed with Port days. Vacationing should be a vacation and what ends up happening with our cruises is that we have three or even four port days in a row where we're "working" at vacationing, typically sightseeing or hiking... A sea day in the middle of that would actually be quite relaxing and revitalizing. It's a shame that so many of the itineraries have sea days only at the beginning and the end.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I enjoy sea days because I enjoy doing NOTHING all day. I sleep in, have a leisure brunch, select a spot for the day somewhere quiet. Watch the ocean go by, Read a book, listen to music, listen to an audible book, go down the slide, bring lunch back to my SPOT, eat, nap, repeat.

My BF is a busy body and he doesn't really care for sea days. I think based on your personality type you either love, hate or just deal with ses days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Wake up..eat breakfast...take a nap...eat lunch...take a nap....have a snack....take a nap....go to dinner, watch the show...go to bed.;p

Your sea days are exactly like mine. I like the port but i mostly cruise for the sea days. One thing i would add after lunch is a few drinks.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Am I missing something? I don't particularly care for sea days. Everything feels crowded and the activities are repetitive. I also don't want to spend the day reading a book or playing cards because I can do those things at home for free. What do you do on sea days?

I understand that some people find them boring but my appeal for seas days is that when I am reading a book at home no is making my bed, cleaning my bathroom, cooking all my food, putting on stage shows, and bringing me drinks poolside while I lounge in the sun. LOVE sea days. :D

Lol, that sounds like our first cruise. "I'm sooooo full....oh look! Ice cream!"

ROTFLMAO... Worst part is I'm not joking..with the high stress job I have I live to nap like I am in kindergarten on sea days. And if you don't gain at least 5 pounds on a cruise...you are doing something wrong lol!