What is the appeal of sea days?

Doggielover68

I spend the sea days eating lol!!! Breastfast (room service), brunch (mdr), lunch (mdr or lido), early dinner (mdr), late dinner (lido), comedy show, and midnight snack (varies). I go to an occasional show or activity as well lol. I always plan excursions for the entirety of my port days, so my sea days are recovery days usually. I love just being able to relax a bit.

ROTFLMAO... Worst part is I'm not joking..with the high stress job I have I live to nap like I am in kindergarten on sea days. And if you don't gain at least 5 pounds on a cruise...you are doing something wrong lol!

We only take the stairs when cruising but still the 5 pounds shows up on the scales the next week imagine if we took the elevators [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Am I missing something? I don't particularly care for sea days. Everything feels crowded and the activities are repetitive. I also don't want to spend the day reading a book or playing cards because I can do those things at home for free. What do you do on sea days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On sea days, you don't have to "do" anything. Yes, there are plenty of on board activities to choose from for those that feel the need to be on the go from the minute they get dressed in the morning until they retire for the night. For us, a sea day is a chance to just relax and enjoy a leisurely day. We'll look at the Fun Times to see what's going on on the ship that day, and decide whether or not a particular activity or event is of interest to us. Back when we first started cruising, we tried to do way too much on sea days. By the time the cruise was over, we were so worn out from trying to do everything that we felt like we needed another week just to recuperate from being on our cruise. If you're an active person that needs to be on the go all day, you'd get bored pretty quickly hanging around with us on a sea day.

I understand that some people find them boring but my appeal for seas days is that when I am reading a book at home no is making my bed, cleaning my bathroom, cooking all my food, putting on stage shows, and bringing me drinks poolside while I lounge in the sun. LOVE sea days. :D

Same here!! Reading at home is always broken up by the reality of keeping my home clean, myself and hubby fed, and the pets cared for. Plus between work and our crazy busy lives I live for sea days and the opportunity to do NOTHING! My hubby does tend to get a bit bored so this time we bought him a few games for his 2ds so when I want to be lazy and he's going stir crazy he can play those. We're gamers but never have much time at home so we actually play through games when cruising. We also just enjoy walking around the ship and exploring her to the fullest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel the opposite, I love all sea days and I do not care as much for port days. I enjoy almost every activity on board and I could sit an entire day on my balcony just watching the ocean. At the end of every cruise I lament some activity I missed due to either overlapping activities or something else I had planned. I get off at the ports most of the time, but I am always really looking forward to getting back on the ship.

Sea days are the true form of perfect vacation days for us. We just get up when we want, eat when we want, do whatever we feel like, and simply enjoy the non-pace of the day.

We also like staying onboard during port days at played out stops like Nassau, Freeport, etc.

But there is no better day on a ship to me than the last day being sunny with a warm breeze, and being a sea day. (We cruise in Oct and Feb)

I typically relax on sea days becauseour port days are busy. My last cruise had 3 port days in a row. We were happyto finally have an “off” day during the cruise. It’s pretty sweet not having tobe on a schedule.

With thatbeing said, I would love some new sea day activities.

We usually spend sea days in whatever adults-only area there is on the ship lounging, drinking, talking, etc. We also go to the spa, find a spot to have a drink and watch the scenery, take naps, go to afternoon tea, etc. We take alot of land vacations in addition to cruising but I always say I can never relax like I can on a sea day of a cruise!

Sea days are part of the cruise experience. A big part of cruising for me is the escape from having to make decisions. On sea days the biggest decision is what to eat or how long to stay in the sun or how long of a nap to take. If you don't like sea days maybe cruising isn't the best for you. Fly to a Caribbean island and do all the sites or attractions of the island. There is nothing wrong with that type of vacation either.

Sea days are by far my favorite. There is no schedule I feel I need to keep, and it is complete and total relaxation for me. The only decision I have to make is whether I want to take a nap in the sun or in the shade. In at least one port a cruise, I always skip getting off the ship to have another sea day, and almost have the ship to myself.

Sea days are part of the cruise experience. A big part of cruising for me is the escape from having to make decisions. On sea days the biggest decision is what to eat or how long to stay in the sun or how long of a nap to take. If you don't like sea days maybe cruising isn't the best for you. Fly to a Caribbean island and do all the sites or attractions of the island. There is nothing wrong with that type of vacation either.

I do love cruising and have done several back to back cruises as well. I guess my point is that some of the sea day activities get a little stale after a while. It would be nice if they would play a movie in one of the empty lounges during the day or something. I don't completely dislike sea days either, I just don't want a lot of them.

Another fan of sea days. As others have mentioned, it's great not to have anything to rush off to. Just relax and enjoy the view. And man, what a view it is! Sky meeting the ocean....I am an avid reader, but I barely get thru 1/2 a book I have brought because my favorite past time on sea days is to PEOPLE WATCH! ;p It's just so fun and interesting watching everyone. And another favorite past time is to read t shirts! T shirts tell so much about a person; where they are from, what team they root for, whether they are a mom, dad, grandmamma or grandpapa, where they have traveled to, and I have learned many lessons from what is written on t shirts, and have had many a belly laugh too! :eek::')

Am I missing something? I don't particularly care for sea days. Everything feels crowded and the activities are repetitive. I also don't want to spend the day reading a book or playing cards because I can do those things at home for free. What do you do on sea days?

We've been cruising since the late 80's, so we have done many itineraries, many times. We love sea days, and recently we don't even get off of the ship(s) while in port. On sea days, we like to relax on the balcony, or the Serenity Deck, and forget about home for a week.

On sea days we sleep in late, we take an afternoon nap. We pick and choose what to do and no rushing around. If something is crowded, we go the other way. I work 2 jobs so I don't have a lot of time at home to just sit and relax. I do not purchase phone or internet packages on a ship because I enjoy sitting on the lifeboat deck watching the sea go by.

Some ports I have been to many times and they get repetitive to me and on some port days we stay aboard an even quieter ship without any crowding.

am i missing something? I don't particularly care for sea days. Everything feels crowded and the activities are repetitive. I also don't want to spend the day reading a book or playing cards because i can do those things at home for free. What do you do on sea days?

Sent from my ipad using forums mobile app

r-e-l-a-x