Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Those port of call plaques would have been special, I wish they would have offered those on Monarch.  Perhaps the officers and crew were given a shot.

I think long serving staff on Legend were allowed to take their pick. then the rest were put in a blind auction with all monies raised going to charity.

We planned that we will receive our next block on the new "Spectrum" on its maiden cruise to Shanghai. 

That's if all our ducks fly straight  🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆

16 hours ago, Wilson said:

Our first block was on Harmony. After completing our Dec Freedom sailing we will be at 208. Just realized that our next block will be on Harmony again. We will be looking to trade.  

Oasis?? 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, mazgd said:

I am in search of a "legend of the Seas" and "Radiance of the Seas" Crystal Block I have a Splendour and Monarch to exchange if anyone is interested

I would love your monarch. Would independence, navigator or symphony be any good for you as a swap?

32 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

I would love to get your symphony in exchange for a monarch to give you! We live in Florida. What do you think?

Oh, UKMDAY1, We would only want the regular (large) size symphony though, not the mini crystal block that we heard they gave for the inaugural symphony sailing. Haven't ever shipped to the UK but we assume it can be done but in looking at the shipping rates it looks like  something like £20 or 30  to ship one of these blocks ...

Edited by Sirlancelot
added detail

7 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

Oh, UKMDAY1, We would only want the regular (large) size symphony though, not the mini crystal block that we heard they gave for the inaugural symphony sailing. Haven't ever shipped to the UK but we assume it can be done but in looking at the shipping rates it looks like  something like £20 or 30  to ship one of these blocks ...

Awesome. Ours is a regular symphony block, didn’t know there was a smaller one to be honest.

i have shipped to the us and received from the us also, so yes it is doable just a little more expensive.

Do you want to email me at dawn dot Davis at MDLZ dot com to arrange?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, Dennis#1 said:

That block ended up selling for $500

23 bids

Screenshot_2019-01-05-07-57-20.png

I was in China last month and had a meeting at the  Yiwu Wholesale Market, which is also known as the Largest Counterfeit Market in the World.  Walked by one vendor who had all the  Royal Crystal Blocks & Models. They also had stuff from Princess & Carnival, everything looked like the real stuff I have been given or purchased from the lines

Vendor claims they came from the supplier but really cannot know if true or copies. So selling for $500 on eBay could be very profitable.  Costs $5.00 sell $500 profit $495.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I would think Empress.

Winner Oldest in Fleet now:  sovereign of the seas

sovereign of the seas
Construction started: 10 June 1986
Launched: 4 April 1987

empress of the seas
Was not ordered Purchased  in Admiral Cruises  Buyout, While under construction
Launched: 25 August 1989

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sovereign was older, I thought.  

Basically I was asking if any of the really old ships ever had blocks.

You might be right about Sovereign being older.  They were close, but Sovereign may have sailed with Royal before Empress did.  Empress was originally ordered by Admiral Cruise Lines, but before she was completed, Royal bought Admiral.

I don't know when the first crystal blocks appeared.

• 4 weeks later...