Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

We were on the Voyager over in Australia when we reached our 140 night mark.  It was nice, they shipped it directly to our home.  Since we had to watch luggage weight, it was nice!!!  Only thing I was disappointed in was our friends who were on a different cruise and reached their 140 night mark also received a nice certificate!  I called C&A and she said they couldn't help us, that we would have to go back on that ship...well when it was over in Australia and we are in the States...NOT!!    Another call later on and they told me to just check with the LA on the ship to get one made.  So, I was on the Majesty and he wanted to give me one from that ship, explained that no, they had told me that he could get one from the Voyager made an emailed to him, which he ended up doing for us!!  That certificate now hangs proudly in our home!!  Next one we receive will be when we go back in 2021 and do the Serenade all the way around Australia and NZ!!!

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Wide range of prices from a low of $20 all the way up to $400 (Legend).

Biker, whose Anthem block went for $50.

Thank you..................looks like supply and demand economics works!!!!! My legend block may help with my retirement finances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you..................looks like supply and demand economics works!!!!! My legend block may help with my retirement finances.

I was happy to get one too, before we lost the sweet little Legend.  Lots of fond memories with that block!  🙂 

So, just to be clear, you get your first crystal block ON the sailing where you hit your 140 points OR the sailing afterwards?  It 'appears' you would get it the sailing that hits the 140 points. IF that's the case, we should have gotten ours on our Enchantment in November. Since we didn't, I wanted to be sure, before I call.

Thanx

Erika

1 minute ago, birdylady said:

So, just to be clear, you get your first crystal block ON the sailing where you hit your 140 points OR the sailing afterwards?  It 'appears' you would get it the sailing that hits the 140 points. IF that's the case, we should have gotten ours on our Enchantment in November. Since we didn't, I wanted to be sure, before I call.

Thanx

Erika

ON.

24 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Thanx

Erika

Ans the next block ON the 70 point mark.  

I have found that if you are in a Suite and reach your milestone as a result of your double points, the LA will often not realize you are going to reach the milestone. I always go to see the LA to let them know that I should be entitled to a black anyway but when I’m in a suite and reach it I think it’s almost required.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I have found that if you are in a Suite and reach your milestone as a result of your double points, the LA will often not realize you are going to reach the milestone. I always go to see the LA to let them know that I should be entitled to a black anyway but when I’m in a suite and reach it I think it’s almost required.

thanks for the heads up!!  will make it on our next cruise and since we are in a GS, getting double points, we will make it!!

20 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I sail suites, no problem getting them except one.  The only ship I had trouble with was Serenade some years ago.  The LA on that ship at the time was the worst ever!  She swore you don't get your milestone block until the next cruise...though it clearly states in the RCI website it is awarded on the ship that you make the points currently.  Then she said she did not have any, so will be mailed to us.  Took six months, I had pretty much forgotten about it....then I got two of them.  Go figure.  🤨

• Haha 1

Thanks to an economical purchase of our Adventure of the Seas crystal from another person, we have that prominently displayed along with our ship models in our home. 

While we will likely qualify for a crystal sometime in 2020 ourselves, the AOTS crystal we got is a memento of our first cruise 10 years ago. It means something in terms of memories (we sailed AOTS 2 more times thereafter).

The crystal represents our beginning for cruises and their memories, and the ship models represent the specific path to our cruise experiences.

I recently realized we should have received our 340 block on the Navigator transatlantic cruise May 2018. We reached it on the very last day. I contacted Crown & Anchor last week, who verified the sailing, ship etc. They said they will ship it to our home in Canada and we should receive it in about 6 weeks. Happy to say we received it only 5 days later! The Navigator of the Seas crystal block is now proudly displayed on the mantle.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SeaBaby said:

I recently realized we should have received our 340 block on the Navigator transatlantic cruise May 2018. We reached it on the very last day. I contacted Crown & Anchor last week, who verified the sailing, ship etc. They said they will ship it to our home in Canada and we should receive it in about 6 weeks. Happy to say we received it only 5 days later! The Navigator of the Seas crystal block is now proudly displayed on the mantle.  

Should have actually been at 350, not 340, since it is at 140 and every 70 points after. 🙂 

On 4/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, birdylady said:

Thank you.  One call and order placed.

WOW!!  They said 4-6 weeks. I came home today and our first crystal block was waiting for us. What a great memory of our Enchantment sailing last year.

Thanx

Erika

On 4/17/2019 at 10:42 AM, Host Clarea said:

I should sell my Sovereign block!

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess these blocks don't mean as much to some people as they do to me. I don't think I'd be selling on e-bay or anywhere else for that matter.

I like the blocks......

but I like $500 better