What is your preference? Bed by balcony or bathroom?

VitaminSea53

Hello,

We prefer by the balcony so when we enter the cabin we are not cramped by the bed and we can circulate better. It's like having a little hall when you enter. If not you get attack by the bed right away...:rolleyes:

But I would choose a bigger balcony even if the bed was by the bathroom...

I just posed this question to DW (we have done many cruises on the S-Class ships) and her immediate reaction was "I don't care." Bottom line (for us) is we see pros and cons to either layout. In fact, when we have booked our last few S Class cruises we did not even pay attention to that layout issue.

Hank

The opposite... we like the need by the bath as then we've have more room to utilize both the balcony and the sitting area. And we can have the room service tray on the small oval glass table inside and only bring out the dishes one plays at a time :)

Agree completely.

Balcony, without a doubt!! There is too little room to access the closet when the bed is near the bath....especially with two people trying to get in there at the same time.. Plus, when we have a balcony, we don't need the seating area near the balcony as we are out on the balcony.

Bathroom - Usually get an inside cabin so NO balcony an I'll sleep when I'm dead so don't care about the bed. Need a good clean private bathroom away from all the nasty people who don't wash their hands or other parts and touch the door handle as well as those who don't know how to flush.

I love leaving the door open at night and listening to the sound of the waves hit the ship so I prefer bed by balcony. I also rarely ever sit on the sofa. Just be warned that if you leave the balcony door open and open the outer door, all your stuff will get blown into the hallway. It creates quite a suction. I forget at least once per cruise. :-)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

All other things being equal, we prefer to have the bed near the bathroom. Having the sofa next to the balcony creates such a nice large living area next to the balcony. Having the closet next to the bed is tight but still very easy to use the bed when getting ready.

We are more concerned about location of cabin and size of the balcony. Those two things are more important to us.

All other things being equal, we prefer to have the bed near the bathroom. Having the sofa next to the balcony creates such a nice large living area next to the balcony. Having the closet next to the bed is tight but still very easy to use the bed when getting ready.

We are more concerned about location of cabin and size of the balcony. Those two things are more important to us.

Agree with this! Plus it works better if you have friends in for drinks.

I miss the full length mirrors opposite the bed on the S-class ships. It made the room seem so much bigger. It also made it brighter when the curtains in the room were opened and was great for dressing. I miss those on the S-class ships more than I care about the bed near the bath or balcony. Other than that I love the S-class ships.

This does bother me a lot, and I'm surprised and pleased that so many of you like the bed by the window because I don't.

The last time the bed was by the window we did not use the sofa at all because we like the sitting area to be by the natural light. Since realising how annoying I found the bed partially blocking the balcony view I have gone out of my way to book the alternative arrangement.

Prefer Bed by bath....makes it harder to access closet but room feels more spacious...with a real sitting area by the balc door.....Also a shorter walk if bathroom is needed during the night..When bed is by balc, the couch ends up being used as an extension of the closet...

We basically take what we get these days..that's how we ended up with bed by balc on our EDGE AQ class booking....I think it's going to feel cramped next to bifolds...but happy we'll be on board,

I have stopped trying to figure out if my head or feet are facing the front of the ship while laying in bed,..directionally challenged anyhow.