Chances of getting a cabin on sold out ship

MLW070

I was just curios if anyone ever saw cabins open up right before sailing? My son is wanting to be added to our cabin (which doesn't hold enough people) for our cruise on October 7th and they said that their isn't any other cabins available and to call every day until two days prior to the cruise to see if sometime opens up. I'm thinking it will not work out but curious if anyone has had luck with this?

We had luck back in July with a cabin opening up 5 days prior to sailing. A friend of ours wanted to join us so he paid the deposit to be placed on a waiting list and was told someone would call him if a cabin opened. No one ever called, but I checked the web site every day, sometimes multiple times a day and sure enough, the sailing popped up so I called and grabbed a cabin for him. So, it is possible, but you have to constantly check the site.

Keep calling, you have more of a chance now since many are cancelling cruises after these hurricanes, which ship are you going on and what sailing, eastern/western?

Unfortunately, people get ill and can't make it for a few reasons last minute, it can happen keep checking online and keep calling.

If you speak with Carnival, perhaps they can find somebody booked into a cabin that will allow the additon of your son. They have been known to transfer cabins if the people booked into a cabin are not filling it to capacity. Maybe you will get lucky.