The Grandeur out of Baltimore

Don't know how abreast people are about some bargains, but if you can sail in January or February, you can sail a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore for about $400PP inside. AND there are plenty of cabins available. Even Ocean View are only a few dollars more.

We booked the February 22 sailing which was slightly higher for under $1200 inside everything included. I have never seen a price that cheap for a 9 day cruise in quite a while.

Cheers

Len

Don't know how abreast people are about some bargains, but if you can sail in January or February, you can sail a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore for about $400PP inside. AND there are plenty of cabins available. Even Ocean View are only a few dollars more.

We booked the February 22 sailing which was slightly higher for under $1200 inside everything included. I have never seen a price that cheap for a 9 day cruise in quite a while.

Cheers

Len

WooHoo! Thank you for this. We just pulled the trigger on the same Feb 22 sailing - family of 4 - going to cram into an inside cabin for a ridiculously low price! haha

Granted the itinerary isn't the best, but even if you stay on the ship, relax and eat, you get your money's worth.

We are driving in, staying at one of those park and stay motels and they shuttle you to the port and back after the cruise.

Cheers

Len

Cheers

Len

I will definitely check this out.

Lenny

Yes, some good prices abound.

We just booked a 2018 Grandeur 12 night interior Guarantee for under $800 per person and got our cabin assignment yesterday for our preferred deck 3 midship. OBC from Royal and our TA will cover a nice chunk of the tips.

As we buy almost nothing on the ship, this will be a very affordable trip.

We noticed the super price on those Jan-Feb sailings as well. It's a great port for us and the timing would be good too. Any tips on good balcony rooms? I'll do a search of course, but we've never been on the Grandeur. Also, we went through a travel agent the last cruise and wasn't terribly impressed. Any suggestions on using Costco or should we just go through the main RCCL site? Thanks for any help!

Sometimes you can find great deals, but they are few and far between anymore. One year we booked 7 cruises, 6 of them on the Grandeur, because the prices were so low. We usually only do 3 or 4 a year. The year we booked the 7 cruises, we got an inside cabin on an 11 night Member's cruise on the Explorer for $399 per person. Best...deal....ever! That won't happen again. Loved the Member's cruise too. So many free things to do and gifts almost daily.

I got a good deal yesterday on the Grandeur. There was a sale and I got a Balcony GTY cabin for only $4 more than the OV cabin we had, plus an extra $50 OBC . The deals are out there, you just have to keep watching and checking for them. Sometimes they only last a couple hours.

Gwen :D

We looked seriously at this, but didn't book, as the port time other than Coco Cay sucks. You get three partial days in Bermuda & Nassau, and calling them partial days is a compliment. I'm not sure why they wouldn't try to tweak a couple of extra hours at least on one of those port days to make it a more realistic itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers

Len

:D;pWe just booked this with an inside cabin!

And when I tell people how much it was for DH, DD and myself, people can’t believe how crazy the price is!

Yes, these are great deals. As a Marylander, I have considered them many times. But personally, I cannot see myself booking one. First off, I prefer to be warm for the entirety of my vacation. You will likely only be warm for the port days on this cruise, leading to about 4-5 days of heat. Also, I can do light rocking on cruises, but I cannot do major swells, and without fail, every cruise that I've taken, at all times of the year, from the northeast ports are usually accompanied with swells. SO, for a cruise that would come out to $600 pp for an inside room for 9 nights from Baltimore, I can book a 7 night on CCL from Florida for $500 after taxes, or $600 on Royal after taxes, and since Baltimore is a hub for Spirit and Southwest airlines, I can likely score a $180 RT fare from Baltimore to Florida, making the cruise $700-$800 total. I know it comes out to be more money, but I get more time in the heat, a newer ship, a ship with more activities, better port hours, and stabler sea conditions.

However, that is because I am picky. For someone who is not picky, or someone who does not have cheap flights like Marylanders may from the low-cost airlines, or for someone who just wants to get away for 10 days, not caring about weather or sea conditions, then this is a great deal. I'm glad we have these northeastern options to choose from!

We are caring less and less about the itineraries. We really travel for the “floating hotel” experience of a cruise ship. Grandeur and Baltimore works well for us. Lots of sea days, lovely staff, small and cozy, close to home. We like the bigger ships too but Grandeur meets all our needs. We have found great prices for our 2 trips in January and our 2 trips upcoming in March. BTW — I heard on Grandeur that the ship will be in Baltimore at least through 2019. Also heard from one of the captains that ships like Grandeur can stay in service indefinitely as long as the company is willing to keep the ship up to code. Katherine

Granted the itinerary isn't the best, but even if you stay on the ship, relax and eat, you get your money's worth.

We are driving in, staying at one of those park and stay motels and they shuttle you to the port and back after the cruise.

Cheers

Len

Assuming you are staying in Baltimore, could you, please, list the hotels you have stayed at which had the long term parking and the cost? That sounds like a great idea. We sometimes take the train from DC but I do prefer to drive.

Even if they didn't have a shuttle, it's only $9 - $10 for an Uber from downtown Baltimore to the pier.

We are sailing on the GOTS in January 2018 and got a room, parking for the duration and transport each way at the

Best Western Plus on O'Donnell Street.

We’ve stayed at this hotel precruise a number of times. Nothing glamorous about it but it’s a good option for park & cruise. Convenient to Fells Ooint for a nice evening the night before. The transport is top notch. Very professional

We are sailing on the GOTS in January 2018 and got a room, parking for the duration and transport each way at the

Best Western Plus on O'Donnell Street.

I would call the hotel and confirm your reservation. As I drive by the hotel everyday and noticed all the signage has been removed from the building for the past couple of weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app