New Trusted Traveler Program Website

Randyk47

Many of you are enrolled Global Entry or one of the other Trusted Traveler programs so I thought I’d share this with my HAL family:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of its newest cloud-based website, the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System, which will be replacing the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). You may add the following website link to your favorites now for future reference: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

The TTP System website will use Login.gov for authentication. When you first use the new TTP System website you will need to create a Login.gov account if you do not already have one. For more information on Login.gov, visit https://login.gov/. Please be advised that you will no longer be able to use your GOES user ID/password to login to the TTP System website.

If you have ever applied to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST, please take the opportunity to ensure your profile information is correct and take note of the PASSID or membership number assigned to you as you will need to provide these the first time you login to the new website. This will allow CBP to accurately retrieve your information from its records. You can access your profile information by logging into your GOES account (https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/) and clicking on the "Change Profile" link of your homepage. The PASS ID appears towards the top left corner of your homepage. It can also be located on the back of your TTP card or on previous notification letters.

It was a real pain to setup a new login and the telephonic security code every time you login is irritating.

I had a little trouble getting myself set up but got through it eventually. Set Mrs. K up the next day and it went through first try without any issues. There are reports by several people over on a frequent flyer board complaining about difficulties but it appears they're working on the system and it seems to be improving daily.

Two-factor authentication is a very good security feature; happy to learn they are using it.

Have to admit I was a little put off by the two-factor authentication but the more I thought about it the better I liked it. Truth is it's not like you're going to be visiting the website often other than to set up an account, updating your profile, and then some time down the line applying for a renewal. There is some sensitive information like your driver's license number, PassID, and passport number stored in your account so makes sense to make it a bit difficult to get to.

Truth is it's not like you're going to be visiting the website often other than to set up an account, updating your profile, and then some time down the line applying for a renewal. There is some sensitive information like your driver's license number, PassID, and passport number stored in your account so makes sense to make it a bit difficult to get to.

Thanks for reminding us that we may need this site in the future. I was wondering about that, forgetting that renewals are necessary.

Does this apply only to international flights?

No, the TSA Pre-Chek feature of the Trusted Traveler Program also applies to domestic flights. And your TTP card will be accepted as ID in all US airports (in addition, of course, to your US Passport and most State-issued driver's licenses).

Smooth sailing (and flying) :ship: :ship: :ship:

Does this mean our current cards and booklets for kiosh is no longer valid? Do we have it do anything to existing information before upcoming trip??

No, current cards, etc., are fine and no action is required. This new system brings all the Trusted Traveler Programs, except for TSA’s PreCheck, under one website umbrella instead of separate ones for each program. New applications, profile document management, and renewals are now accessed from a single website.

Yes and no. This new single website covers any of the Trusted Traveler Programs so any entry into the US, and other participating countries like Canada and Mexico, by land, air, or water would fall under these programs. TSA’s PreCheck is a side benefit of many of the Trusted Traveler Programs but it is administered by TSA separately on a completely different website from the programs covered in the new website. We went with Global Entry because we’ve been doing a lot of International travel in the past four years and it had the added benefit of TSA PreCheck that can be used for domestic flights and some inbound International flights. PreCheck alone is $85 for five years and Global Entry is $100 for five years with PreCheck thrown in. Kind of a no brainer if you’re going to do any International travel.

We have used our GOES cards for returning from WC 2016 in Ft Lauderdale and it sped up everything - was surprised as it was only suppose to be for Canada and Mexico - very confused at the time because we didnt think it was applicable - but it sure saved time.

Now, maybe they were confused those days and have changed since then.

harry

PS: trust you are doing well!

We have used our GOES cards for returning from WC 2016 in Ft Lauderdale and it sped up everything - was surprised as it was only suppose to be for Canada and Mexico - very confused at the time because we didnt think it was applicable - but it sure saved time.

Now, maybe they were confused those days and have changed since then.

harry

PS: trust you are doing well!

Global Entry is for reentry to the US from any country not just Canada and Mexico. There are specific Trusted Traveler Programs that are country specific like NEXUS for US-Canada and SENTRI for US-Mexico border crossings.

Global Entry is for reentry to the US from any country not just Canada and Mexico. There are specific Trusted Traveler Programs that are country specific like NEXUS for US-Canada and SENTRI for US-Mexico border crossings.

I was specifically referring to using the Cards .. not to the program which is wonderful.

harry

I was specifically referring to using the Cards .. not to the program which is wonderful.

harry

The use and need for the Global Entry card is confusing or as least complicated. CBP says you don’t need the GE card to access a GE kiosk. Got it. But then the airport employees line sorters will sometimes insist you have and present a card. Then you have the cruise terminals in Port Everglades where some terminals have kiosks but some don’t so then you asked to present the card. Easy answer for us is to always carry our GE cards and be prepared to show them when reentrying the US via any airport, cruise terminal, hiking trail, or whatever. ;):D

Along the same line, has anyone used the Mobile Passport app?

Since it’s free I was wondering if it would be a good thing to use in lieu of Pre-Check or Global Entry.

PreCheck is for expedited transit through airport security checkpoints and the Mobile Passport app doesn’t apply or work there. Now if you have PreCheck but not Global Entry I suppose the passport app is fine especially if you don’t travel Internationally often. I honestly haven’t tried the app as we got Global Entry before the app became available.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Remember GOES is gone and is replaced by the single consolidated Trusted Traveler Program website for the Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI programs. Remember to initially enroll in the program, to maintain your current passport and driver’s license information, and to apply for renewal. GOES actually was a Global Entry application website and not a program in and of itself.

Yes and no. This new single website covers any of the Trusted Traveler Programs so any entry into the US, and other participating countries like Canada and Mexico, by land, air, or water would fall under these programs. TSA’s PreCheck is a side benefit of many of the Trusted Traveler Programs but it is administered by TSA separately on a completely different website from the programs covered in the new website. We went with Global Entry because we’ve been doing a lot of International travel in the past four years and it had the added benefit of TSA PreCheck that can be used for domestic flights and some inbound International flights. PreCheck alone is $85 for five years and Global Entry is $100 for five years with PreCheck thrown in. Kind of a no brainer if you’re going to do any International travel.

The only problem with this is that some of us have to travel (in our case 200 miles) to get the Global Entry.

Along the same line, has anyone used the Mobile Passport app?

Since it’s free I was wondering if it would be a good thing to use in lieu of Pre-Check or Global Entry.

We used mobile passport returning from Europe at Miami airport and it worked great- we bypassed lines went directly to an assigned agent who processed us through in seconds. The long walk through the airport was our only delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums