Looking for photos of Meraviglia aft

Carpgirl

Hi,

I have just been allocated our guarantee balcony cabins and I don't think they're very good.

I probably can't change them but just want to know what to expect.

Anyone have a picture of the aft of the ship so I can see cabins 14256 & 14258 please?

Thanks,

Michelle.

Hi,

I have just been allocated our guarantee balcony cabins and I don't think they're very good.

Anyone have a picture of the aft of the ship so I can see cabins 14256 & 14258 please?

Thanks,

Michelle.

Here you go

14256%208.jpg

and another view which shows the way I which they are shaded

14256%208a.jpg

i'm afraid you paid less for a guarantee and should expect to get less desirable locations

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you so much for that Pete.

I stupidly didn't realise it was a guarantee as I never book those, I just thought I couldn't choose yet, as the ship hadn't been built.

There wasn't a choice between a normal cabin & a guarantee. Maybe that's the case with all superfamily cabins?

As you say though, I paid £2,500 for a week for 5 people including the drinks package, so I shouldn't complain.

Michelle.

Thank you so much for that Pete.

I stupidly didn't realise it was a guarantee as I never book those, I just thought I couldn't choose yet, as the ship hadn't been built.

There wasn't a choice between a normal cabin & a guarantee. Maybe that's the case with all superfamily cabins?

As you say though, I paid £2,500 for a week for 5 people including the drinks package, so I shouldn't complain.

Michelle.

I'd have those cabins at that price, it cost me £2700 for a balcony cabin for two people . mind you it was in the yacht club. And I chose my cabin in july 2015 a full 27 months before the sailing, and no she wasn't built then not even the first bit.

I was on her the week before last and would recommend going to at least one of the cirque du Soleil shows, best to prebook as they are very popular, try and book a time slot at the same time, they go very quickly.

they were much better than the weak efforts in the main theatre, which were not up to the standard of shows on my other recent MSC cruises on Orchestra and Splendida

Edited by Skier52

Thanks Pete,

I have booked both Cirque shows.

Were there any other shows worth seeing?

Michelle.

Because we did both cirque shows and had two complimentary Black card holders meals ,we only saw 2 shows

For a cast of 6 singers, 14 dancers and a live 8 piece orchestra/band I was disappointed. mind you I was disappointed by the theatre itself, small, only one storey, compared to both Orchestra's and Splendida's two storey theatres. So maybe the theatre is a limiting factor to the big productions other ships have, or it may be that we were spoilt by seeing both cirque shows first.

As a guarantee assignment I think you hit the jackpot!! I absolutely LOVE aft facing balconies. Watching the wake is mesmerizing- so peaceful. The only thing I would caution with that particular assignment is that you may get noise from above, but if you can live with that, you too may become an aft convert. It’s by far my favorite part of any ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a guarantee assignment I think you hit the jackpot!! I absolutely LOVE aft facing balconies. Watching the wake is mesmerizing- so peaceful. The only thing I would caution with that particular assignment is that you may get noise from above, but if you can live with that, you too may become an aft convert. It’s by far my favorite part of any ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm an Aft cabin convert as well, if no yacht club is available. I've got one for the repo cruise of Magnifica next Oct.

Love the bigger balconies some aft cabins have'

Pete

• 2 years later...
On 10/9/2017 at 12:37 PM, Carpgirl said:

Hi Michele- I know this is an old post, but do you have any pictures of 14256 - specrifically the balcony? I'm in 13342, which looks to have the same room/same balcony ... thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:23 PM, Lookn4Sun said:

Hi Michele- I know this is an old post, but do you have any pictures of 14256 - specrifically the balcony? I'm in 13342, which looks to have the same room/same balcony ... thanks.

I've answered chis on the skier52  thread, the video is of Bellisima 142556 but it will be the same as Meraviglia 14256

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 1:37 PM, Carpgirl said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Michelle.

Hi Michelle-

I know I’m revisiting this old topic, we were assigned these exact rooms today for our family of 5.  Did you end up liking them? Any advice is much appreciated.  

thanks,

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

No, were not at all happy with these cabins.

I see that 14256 on Bellissima is 1 person balcony. That's what it should have been on the Meraviglia as it had a double sofa bed that filled the whole room when open. You couldn't even open the wardrobe to get clothes out if one of you was in bed.

I do have photos, I just can't seem to attach them.

I can email them to you if you like.

Michelle Xx

On 11/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, Carpgirl said:

Hi Jenn,

No, were not at all happy with these cabins.

I see that 14256 on Bellissima is 1 person balcony. That's what it should have been on the Meraviglia as it had a double sofa bed that filled the whole room when open. You couldn't even open the wardrobe to get clothes out if one of you was in bed.

I do have photos, I just can't seem to attach them.

I can email them to you if you like.

Michelle Xx

You are awesome Michelle, thank you so much for replying, I realize this thread is old but I’m having problems finding information anywhere online.  When your not too busy would you mind emailing me photos:  jamaral3@sympatico.ca

Thank you so much!

Jenn

• 2 months later...

Are you saying that this room ONLY had a double sofa bed or that it had a regular bed AND a double sofa bed?  If only the double sofa bed, what else was different about the room than a typical room? That was #14256 right? How was #14258 in comparison?

• 3 years later...
On 2/3/2020 at 6:39 AM, Jimbo said:

Any pictures or thoughts on Cabin 14268 on Meraviglia, good or bad? It appears to be dead center.

Just a heads up - the balcony is TINY. We’ve never had such a small space. The “view” is completely blocked if you sit in the chairs. 

62021EBE-D973-41BF-955D-819C6808EC14.jpeg

Edited by flsun
  • Thanks 1