How much time per day do you use your balcony - poll

LMaxwell

That pic was room service breakfast....granted, that particular pic was on Celebrity Solstice. Is hot breakfast no longer available on RCI for room service?

Hot breakfast is still available on RC, but omelettes have not been available (unless you were in a full suite) from room service until very recently when they started charging for room service.

We spend time on the balcony every day. Going out on the balcony to relax in the morning is a great start to the day.

Afternoon on a sea day is perfect and spending tIme watching pier runners is fun too.

We also go out to the balcony at night before bed. It is so much more peaceful on our balcony than it is being up on deck. I guess having cruised many times, we don't need the mania that many new cruisers do.

Additionally, the balcony makes the cabin seem so much larger.

For me, by night there's nothing better than to leave the door open and have the fresh air come in and the sounds of the ocean lul me to sleep. During the day, my daughter will paint/draw out there and I'll usually join her with an adult beverage:) There have been two times we didn't get a balcony out of more than a dozen cruises we've sailed and have missed it both times!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My favorite thing to do on a cruise is have breakfast on the balcony, plus I enjoy spending an hour or two every afternoon on our balcony reading and watching the water, and we tend to sit out there almost every night just before going to bed, plus at various other times during the day we'll step out to look at the water, sit a minute, etc. so we use our balcony a lot every day, love it!! Won't do a 7-night cruise without one.

We will not cruise unless we have a balcony and the bigger the better. We are out there first thing in the morning to have coffee. We also enjoy a glass of wine in the afternoon especially after an excursion. Nothing is prettier than watching the moon over the sea late at night. Yes, we enjoy our balcony!

It stresses me out to have a balcony and not use it.... and if I use it I'm stressed out that I'm not up enjoying the ship.

LOL - FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!!

But seriously, I don't mind and inside room... it gets me up and out earlier and gets me making the most of the common areas on the ship. I really enjoy the large openness and light in a balcony room, but not enough to pay 2x as much as an inside. We have done balcony when the price was right.

Zero....I’ve been on over a dozen cruises and only the first one did I have a balcony. Didn’t like it. It was too windy most of the time to really enjoy breakfast or any other meals. Better views from the upper decks (and way more space) and no other people to meet and chat with. Sorry, but to me a balcony is waste of money. I’d rather spend it on drinks and specialty restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very rarely. Did a balcony twice.

5N Bermuda Cruise < 1hr

12N S-Caribbean Cruise about 3hrs.

After the 12N cruise we downgraded our balcony back to an inside guarantee on our very next cruise. We would only consider a balcony again if we can upgrade for < $100. We would rather put the difference to a dining package.

Say cabin category to get a table on the balcony. Please.

I really don't know to tell you the truth. I know Oasis Class has tables on all their balconies. I really don't know what other ships have converted from the small coffee tables to tables you can actually sit at.

The pictures I posted with tall tables were Celebrity Solstice and Oasis of the Seas....both standard balcony rooms.

I really don't know to tell you the truth. I know Oasis Class has tables on all their balconies. I really don't know what other ships have converted from the small coffee tables to tables you can actually sit at.

The pictures I posted with tall tables were Celebrity Solstice and Oasis of the Seas....both standard balcony rooms.

I was on Millie, balcony don’t remember a table. Must be on the solstice class.

For us that varies cruise by cruise. It depends on if there are two or four of us in the cabin. More time when there are four than two, just to have the extra space when we're all getting ready for dinner. Another factor is the number of days at sea versus days in port. We spend more time out there when in port. Another factor is starboard vs port sides, and where the sunrise/sunset is in relation to our balcony. Some days we can't even open the drapes as the sun is blaring in through the balcony doors.

We always go out when we wake in the morning, to get a breath of fresh air. My husband goes out every evening before retiring for the night. Amount of time spent depends on where we need to be in the morning and how hot it is. IN the evenings, I head to sleep and my husband comes in whenever. LOL

We rarely sit out and have meals, it's usually too hot for us.

Question - you say you've had 4 people in a room. I'm trying to figure if that is really feasible with 2 couples traveling together? I can't imagine it is. Much cheaper though. Can you comment on how you did this? I can understand if they are your kids. Thanks.

I was on Millie, balcony don’t remember a table. Must be on the solstice class.

My first cruise was on Millennium (The only one on which I had a balcony) and there was a table but it was quite small - just enough for 2 cups of coffee.

First thing in the morning. After I come back from the gym. With a drink before dinner. Before bed. Depending on the time, during each sail away from ports. Must have ocean view balcony!!!!

just go out there to smoke cigars and maybe boink :evilsmile:

Mrs prefers insides so her afternoon naps are DARK

I like watching the water go by and sometimes REALLY want the solitude of a place I can sit and read ALONE while doing this ....

So we flip flop ...... that's how ya stay together for 40 years.

Harmony had a Table and foot rests too. I’ve heard Oasis doesn’t have the foot rests

Balcony rooms have a small table and two chairs. We have always had a balcony! We’re out there every morning, coming into port, leaving port, my husband goes out there while I’m getting ready for dinner, on sea days we spend some time on it relaxing in the afternoon, and every evening before bed....

Sent from my iPad using Forums