premium alcohol beverage package list?

mikeysed

Hello, can't seem to find the list of alcohols listed under the premium package - does anyone have a list or link? thanks!

Any list you find is not all inclusive, it is representative of drinks included in the package. If the following statement is true (from celebrity's web site), then the drink is included.

"In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving."

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this info. A friend told us they also had VB on board do you know if this is correct?

VB? You mean Victoria Bitter (also known as VB)? Or do you mean "Virginia Black?" And I guess there are a few others that fit your description.

Hank

I do not recall seeing VB while on the Eclipse (twice in the past 2 years). But, like many things on cruise ships, stuff comes and goes depending on the purchasing folks. We have enjoyed VB while traveling down under.....but have never had any in the USA.

Hank

Do any of the single malt scotch fans notice anything slightly disingenuous about the way they list the available 'premium' offerings?

Big single malt guy here and not sure what you mean. If you are unhappy because they don't separate out the single malts, that seems to be consistent for the entire list. What I miss on Celebrity is the lack of Glenmorangie products and would also like to see a selection of higher end scotch like Longmorn 16 which I do understand would involve a premium over the premium package. There is no reason why they can't expand their bar inventory as its not like scotch will go bad. Our favorite bar tender on the Eclipse said he noticed a gradual reduction in some of the higher end products after the implementation of the drink packages.

Hank

Big single malt guy here and not sure what you mean. If you are unhappy because they don't separate out the single malts, that seems to be consistent for the entire list. What I miss on Celebrity is the lack of Glenmorangie products and would also like to see a selection of higher end scotch like Longmorn 16 which I do understand would involve a premium over the premium package. There is no reason why they can't expand their bar inventory as its not like scotch will go bad. Our favorite bar tender on the Eclipse said he noticed a gradual reduction in some of the higher end products after the implementation of the drink packages.

Hank

No it's not the way they're not separated from the rest of the spirits.

With the NAS scotch they only specify the distillery, not the individual expression which are always the cheapest offered by that distillery onboard the ship.

However they have made an exception with the two offerings from Glenlivet. Is this because they are called 'reserve cask' and 'select cask'? It's an attempt to make the selections look better than they really are. You won't find The Macallan 18 on the premium package due to cost, you will find the NAS 'gold' though. Yet they don't mention this, they just state Macallan. It's the same story with Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Glenlivet and Highland Park.

Typical Celebrity marketing to my mind. This is probably deliberate and done by the same person who marketed 'kobe' beef and Californian sparkling wine as 'champagne'.

I agree they could improve the scotch selections massively. There are plenty of expressions that could be sold with a premium over premium for sure, well thousands actually!

I'd like to see single malts from Bowmore, The Dalmore and Talisker but not NAS whisky!

95071c2ba3572363589a2a7c9f17b8c1.jpg

This is the drinks package flyer onboard Celebrity Constellation October 31, 2017. I had the standard package and drank like crazy, trying many of the drinks. The crew had another drink waiting for me as soon as I finished one. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow that helps us a lot. Thank you.

i want to ask smt too. I will book a cruise in west med in may 2018. I am thinking to book a drink package. I drink alcohol especially cocktails. My BF loves beer and cocktails too but he drinks less than me :P . What do you advise me to choose? i also loved the martini bar on Silhouette so i will visit it a lot again.

This price is per person per night? We are 2, that means that i will pay the double amount if we both want the package ?

Sorry, this will be my second cruise, we are newbies :)

Yes, you pay double amount, that is, if there are two people you need two beverage packages.

The price is per person per day, but you don't have to buy on the first day. You can wait until the second day, or the third even.

You can buy a Classic package to begin with and if, a couple of days later, you decide you want to upgrade, you can and you will be charged for only the remaining days.

Wow that helps us a lot. Thank you.

i want to ask smt too. I will book a cruise in west med in may 2018. I am thinking to book a drink package. I drink alcohol especially cocktails. My BF loves beer and cocktails too but he drinks less than me :P . What do you advise me to choose? i also loved the martini bar on Silhouette so i will visit it a lot again.

This price is per person per night? We are 2, that means that i will pay the double amount if we both want the package ?

Sorry, this will be my second cruise, we are newbies :)

you can get the premium and your bf can get the standard you do not have to have the same