Looking to Cruise for our 1 year anniversary

alotofquestions

Hello all,

It’s been a long time since I have been on a Carnival ship. My bride and I are torn between doing a carnival cruise together or a NCL. We really don’t know the difference between the two lines and what would be a better deal with the bev package and other items both offer. Also which port is the easiest and best to sail out of? Look forward to some valuable information to help us plan for an amazing vacation. Thanks Everyone!

Essentially, NCL pricing has the drink plan built into the cost while Carnival's is extra (but the two are only a few dollars apart). Since your question indicated interest in the drink package then NCL is probably cheaper as you also get your choice of 3 dinner's for two in the extra cost dining venues or $250 in free internet or $50 per port of call towards excursions. If you won't be buying the drink plan, Carnival is less expensive.

For example a 7 day cruise out of Long Beach/Los Angeles CA on March 9th 2019 visiting the same ports of call: (Date selected for full availability as an earlier cruise may have sold out cabin catagories)

Carnival Balcony starts at $739 per person. Add the drink package at $350. you have $1,089

NCL Balcony starts at $1,099 per person and includes the drink package.