Allure: Confessions of a solo passenger

hucifer

Add me to your reader list. No, I don't cruise solo, but reading this for my BIL who does.

Even thought this is a female point of view, I want to relay to him all the solo parties and get-to-gethers that Royal hosts for their single solo passengers.

He just asked me today if he can bring on wine for is captive ladies in waiting.....he doesn't drink. Don't worry, he's harmless!:halo:

BTW. where is the best place a single solo guy should hang to meet ladies over 50ish?

What's up with the inability to quote more than two people at a time? Grrrrr

You had me at sarcasm. I love Allure, I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest.

Hello Bill. Glad you stopped by. If you like sarcasm, well...there will be plenty.

This is so awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you!

Nice

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Me or Wendy? Or the report? I'll assume report.

Following and already enjoying. Anxious for what to come.

I've been on that "Beast" in year 2011 and can't wait to revive those precious moments.

Thank you for this review.

I couldn't help but think, "Wow she's a beast" every time I saw her or had to walk aaaaalllllll the way to the other side of her. But wow, did I love her.

Great start!!! Can’t wait to hear about rest of your trip

Why, thank you.

Really enjoying this. Your writing is the bomb!! Do u write professionally ? We will be on Allure in Jan for first time. Can't wait to read your impressions of her.

Ha. No, I do not write professionally. I am just a huge smart...butt. Anyway, thank you and I am glad you are enjoying it!

Add me to your reader list. No, I don't cruise solo, but reading this for my BIL who does.

Even thought this is a female point of view, I want to relay to him all the solo parties and get-to-gethers that Royal hosts for their single solo passengers.

He just asked me today if he can bring on wine for is captive ladies in waiting.....he doesn't drink. Don't worry, he's harmless!:halo:

BTW. where is the best place a single solo guy should hang to meet ladies over 50ish?

Well, I didn't attend too many solo events. In fact, I attended just one. Royal just isn't as solo-friendly as other lines like Norwegian, and the solo meets are not well attended. I find that most solos aren't necessarily single, or the ones that are will be difficult to find. I used to go with the thought that I might meet someone, but quickly realized that Royal's demographic doesn't support that very much. More couples and families than anything else. If he wants to bring wine, I think he is allowed one bottle? Maybe two? Gah, I am no good with that question.

Oh, to answer your question about where to meet women...that is a crapshoot. I found singles at the bar, at dinner, at the Windjammer. They're around, but it's about being at the right place at the right time.

I guess there is room for more :D

Riveted to the square brackets, so pls. count me in :cool:

Room for at least three more. Welcome to the...square bracket?

All of this is nice! Commented to follow. You're awesome. Just went on Allure this year and going on Oasis in January.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Aw, shucks. Glad you're enjoying it so far. Did you like the Allure?

I'm also 47,but I look.... 40? I'm jealous.

I love your writing... Can you you please write my college papers over the next 5 weeks? Writing is my enemy...

And I can forgive the fact that you are from "that state up north", we can still be friends.

Yeah, that stuff is awesome. So is Allure.

I speak fluent sarcasm, and am enjoying the review. I'm 46, but look 64. (At least I feel that way sometimes.) I also love to sail solo! I love having the entire cabin to myself and doing whatever I want to do whenever I feel like doing it. Ironically, I cannot seem to master the flow rider. Why is this ironic you ask? (Okay you don't ask because you don't really care, but I'm going to tell you anyway.) I began performing in water-ski shows at six, and had three offers to ski professionally by the time I turned 16. This also explains the shock and embarrassment I felt at the fact that I was seasick on my first cruise. Anyway, I'm enjoying your sense of humor and your "sarcasm as a second language" writing style. So, put me down as reader number 11. Now that you're up in the double digits, you could seek sponsors and start plugging products. ;p

I'm also 47,but I look.... 40? I'm jealous.

I love your writing... Can you you please write my college papers over the next 5 weeks? Writing is my enemy...

And I can forgive the fact that you are from "that state up north", we can still be friends.

Hey, you're the author. You can make yourself look as young as you want!

That's a NO GO on the paper help, though, unless your college professors want papers written with dry wit.

Will I be even more forgiven if I tell you that, although I am born and raised in Michigan, I cannot stand the climate and open wish that I lived in Florida? I LOVE the heat.

I speak fluent sarcasm, and am enjoying the review. I'm 46, but look 64. (At least I feel that way sometimes.) I also love to sail solo! I love having the entire cabin to myself and doing whatever I want to do whenever I feel like doing it. Ironically, I cannot seem to master the flow rider. Why is this ironic you ask? (Okay you don't ask because you don't really care, but I'm going to tell you anyway.) I began performing in water-ski shows at six, and had three offers to ski professionally by the time I turned 16. This also explains the shock and embarrassment I felt at the fact that I was seasick on my first cruise. Anyway, I'm enjoying your sense of humor and your "sarcasm as a second language" writing style. So, put me down as reader number 11. Now that you're up in the double digits, you could seek sponsors and start plugging products. ;p

Sarcasm as a second language? Love it. Totally stealing your line because that is so me.

Impressive water sports history! And yes, it's a little strange that you got seasick, lol.

Up to 11 readers? That's almost twice the number I expected. Or three times. Math is hard.

This Buckeye will certainly forgive you since you'd rather be somewhere else!

Oh, THAT'S why you regard my geography with such disdain. Ha ha. Well, as long as I'm forgiven...

And I am 52 of 4.

I don't think you added correctly. Like, you're probably number 12 or something. In either case, welcome!