Is there a Progreso Sign

crewsin250

I am not sure what sign you are referring to. We winter near Progreso and drove into Progreso in early 2017. I saw a large Progreso sign on the far east end of malecon (the street on the beach). The malecon is about mile long, so it may be a bit of walk from the pier. I do not know if it was a permanent sign since it was getting dark and we were headed towards Eladios on the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this post is a little dated... but I'll respond anyway. As I recall, there is a sign, and you should be able to get pictures of it. The issue is that the sign I am thinking of (the only one I recall seeing) is in front of the guard building into the port proper. Would they allow you to stand in front of it? Don't know. Have never seen anyone try.

Just returned from cruise and there is a sign at the far end of beach. To me this would be like going to Key West and not getting a photo of the southern most point landmark. It is a short walk from the spot the free bus to town drops you off at. This was my 1st time to this port and it reminded me of the fishing village at the Costa Maya port look forward to going back to explore more.

PapPaul

Yes, they have a sign. When you use the free shuttle to go to town, you will pass it. It's within walking distance of the shuttle and sometimes has cars parked in front of it but you can definitely see it and get a photo; we did the other day. I hear there is one also on the pier but I didn't witness that one.

Courtlynndear that is not the sign that is so beautiful I saw it as we rode in to town and it would work if you did not want to make the walk to the other one. There is a sign on the far end of the beach that is great for photo's if you take the $5 double decker bus it will drive by it. I would post a photo if someone could tell me how to post it.

PapPaul

• 1 month later...