Changes to Loyalty Program

Micahs Grandad

I noticed this morning when I was doing some searches on Carnival's website for different priority related things, that many of the hits I got were to pages that have been removed. I wondered if that might be because Carnival is updating their website for impending changes to their loyalty program.

I was thinking the other day that Heald teased a new VIFP program must have been 2 years ago. It was coming soon then according to him.

Either it was canned or it's taken that long. We'll see. I am finally Gold so I would like to see a little bit more for Gold members.

Don't hold your breath is my advice!

I went to the Q&A with him on the Fascination back in October. He said that they were trying to make it one loyalty program across all of their lines but that it was difficult to do because some lines base their programs on days on board and some programs base it on money spent.

If they combined loyalty programs, it would take 10 days to get the free bag of laundry back. I could see Princess or HAL having 70% of their passengers on some sailings at the Platinum equivalent. I don't see Princess or HAL loyalists running to sail Carnival.

I am amazed that it usually take about three days to get laundry back on Princess. Can get it back same day on Carnival.

Wonder why Princess cannot do the same since it would appear equal laundry on both ships given that Platinum on Carnival gets free laundry and lots of elites on Princess..

It was 'Brilliant' when they dumped gold from the loyalty party. Party was supposed to change but it's the same. I doubt they with allow cross over or merge loyalty programs but it would be great if they did something like Royal & Celebrity. Something brilliant is coming soon, oh wait its been two years...

Drat! I thought this thread was going to contain some earth-shattering news about loyalty program changes. Instead, it's just rumor and heresay that's been floated around for 2 years now.

So, why are we talking about it?

Was wondering and hoping somebody has hear something.

I've always thought that whoever the first cruise line is that really finds a way to introduce a SUBSTANTIAL loyalty program (i.e. - one that is akin to airline programs - where you could realistically earn free or heavily discounted cruises) will be at a big advantage. I'm not holding my breath though. :)

Never attached anything to it other than list of what is in bag and still get it back same day.

Last 2 cruises, I set the laundry bag on the bed before dinner, and the bag was taken during turndown and returned the next morning while we were at breakfast. AND YES, there were clothes in the bag both times and no $5 bill.

Drat! I thought this thread was going to contain some earth-shattering news about loyalty program changes. Instead, it's just rumor and heresay that's been floated around for 2 years now.

So, why are we talking about it?

We don't know. Why are you talking about it?

DH and I sat with John Heald one morning, for about 15 min and had a cup of coffee, last month on Fascination. DH asked him about the loyalty program and possible changes. He did repeat what he said, at the above mentioned Q & A, about difficulty of recog across lines.

He told us there are over 200,000 plats and 7,000 Dia, currently. Also, again, still looking at a level between Plat and Dia and also above Diamond.

Very pleasant, but don't believe he knows that much ab what's in the works. :D

DH and I sat with John Heald one morning, for about 15 min and had a cup of coffee, last month on Fascination. DH asked him about the loyalty program and possible changes. He did repeat what he said, at the above mentioned Q & A, about difficulty of recog across lines.

He told us there are over 200,000 plats and 7,000 Dia, currently. Also, again, still looking at a level between Plat and Dia and also above Diamond.

Very pleasant, but don't believe he knows that much ab what's in the works. :D

I can't imagine what a level between Platinum and Diamond would get. We're Platinum and don't see a real need to become Diamond. The perks don't seem much better.

I can't imagine what a level between Platinum and Diamond would get. We're Platinum and don't see a real need to become Diamond. The perks don't seem much better.

Agree, there doesn't seem to be a need for another level there. Diamond level gets a bit more benefit. We enjoy the extras. Our loyalty on Royal gives plenty of free drinks and Internet, but, we have way more fun on Carnival.

We vote for the fun!:D

Two goats and a cart ;)

Dang everybody and his cousin was on that fascination cruise with John .

One of things I would would be a huge win for both passengers and Carnival would be complementary social media access. You can't get better advertising than your have most loyal customers posting about all the fun they are having. I know the limiting factor with this would be all the additional bandwidth.

They other idea I suggested would be complementary access to the hub chat application. I can't think of a technical reason why you would be limited from doing this on this as all the resources that drive this are on board the ship.

One of things I would would be a huge win for both passengers and Carnival would be complementary social media access. You can't get better advertising than your have most loyal customers posting about all the fun they are having. I know the limiting factor with this would be all the additional bandwidth.

They other idea I suggested would be complementary access to the hub chat application. I can't think of a technical reason why you would be limited from doing this on this as all the resources that drive this are on board the ship.

Free hub chat for repeat cruisers would be a nice perk. As you said it's all handled on board so I doubt there'd be much in the way of extra load. I would use it from time to time if it were free but I have never paid for it.