Need help with a decision

diamondoasis

I just found out that the cruise I want to go on is only done once a year, and the next one is on November 24th. So I either go in 11 days time or wait a whole year.

This one in 11 days would cost me £150 more than the one next year, but there is a free upgrade to a balcony cabin.

I'd also have to arrange everything in only 11 days. My passport has expired and I'd have to pay extra for a fastrack renewal. Plus I'd have to buy new clothes, as I've put on a lot of weight recently and none of my nice clothes still fit.

Can anyone help me decide what to do?

Go now. Sounds fun! The thrill of throwing together a trip in 11 days, including going shopping...if I could drop everything and go on a trip last-minute I would do it! I'm an over-planner so this would be such a thrill for me to be 'daring'.

Embrace the spontaneity!

Get your passport renewed. Do only the highly important things, the rest can wait until you come. home. You must ve wearing some clothes now,, jeans, tops, jackets.......... wear those clothes on the ship. Shop while you go if you see somethinghyou like. A few sweaters, jersesy,tops, a few pairs of pants, and you can manage ( you are a female, rrght? ) KK is right, pack any meds you meed.forfget all the makeup and jars and bottles. Most of us can manage without so many . If you wait to do something you really want, you may never get to do it. None of us were born with any guarantees. Stay off the computer and get done what needs your attention. IF you go, please let us KNOW WHAT WOnderful things you ar e doing and seeing. hope we will be saying Bon Voyage to you soon.

Edited by sail7seas

I would wait. Cabin choices will be limited this close to sailing. The passport will be a hassle. If you have to fly you will be facing high fares. We were faced with similar issue for a Hawaii cruise and decided to wait. Gave us extra time to save and prepare for the trip so we can make the most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just found out that the cruise I want to go on is only done once a year, and the next one is on November 24th. So I either go in 11 days time or wait a whole year.

This one in 11 days would cost me £150 more than the one next year, but there is a free upgrade to a balcony cabin.

I'd also have to arrange everything in only 11 days. My passport has expired and I'd have to pay extra for a fastrack renewal. Plus I'd have to buy new clothes, as I've put on a lot of weight recently and none of my nice clothes still fit.

Can anyone help me decide what to do?

If you have the time, money, and most importantly I think, the true desire to go now, then I'd do it. Last minute trips can be fun to pull off. But if the logistics of making it happen are stressing you out and causing anxiety, then I'd wait until next year.

Let us know what you've decided.

Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.