Viking's Sydney to Auckland 15 day Cruises w/o Fjords, 2018/19

I was surprised to see Viking's Sydney to Auckland and visa versa 15 day cruises, in December, 2018/19, will not be visiting the fjords. The cruise will be via Melbourne and Hobart.

What do you think about this omission?

Perhaps they have seen so many fiords in Norway they are not going to bother with the NZ ones.

However it seems that since they are coming so far and sailing so close , it would be a shame to miss them.

When HAL first started doing that run the Head Office in Seattle left the fiords off the advertised itineray as well,

I wonder if NZ is limiting the number of cruise ships that can go through the sounds of Fiordland on any particular day. Maybe Viking missed out?

They certainly could be regulating the cruise ships in the Sounds, on safety and environmental grounds. Having been through there twice, might I say it is a wonderful experience.:cool:

Next year for us are.The Norweigan Fjords, on Sapphire Princess, I wonder how they will compare?

They certainly could be regulating the cruise ships in the Sounds, on safety and environmental grounds. Having been through there twice, might I say it is a wonderful experience.:cool:

Next year for us are.The Norweigan Fjords, on Sapphire Princess, I wonder how they will compare?

IMO they are better and higher but then having snow caps and glaciers and such can make them look more magical. That said, I really like the NZ ones as they are wonderful and also close by.

Tomato or BBQ?

He has been on the Heinz Fiery Red Ketchup, which I recommended, hot, hot, hot.

I had some on my Jases GF Pie and Sausage Roll today, I had to call the Fire brigade.

Had to have a an ice cold Strongbow cider this arvo to put the flame out. lol.:(

He has been on the Heinz Fiery Red Ketchup, which I recommended, hot, hot, hot.

I had some on my Jases GF Pie and Sausage Roll today, I had to call the Fire brigade.

Had to have a an ice cold Strongbow cider this arvo to put the flame out. lol.:(

Lucky you were prepared.

Once upon a time I was a Boy Scout. You know their motto...'Be Prepared.' lol.;p

I was not a boy scout but do like to prepare.

While my son went through all the levels, I was a Joey, cub and scout leader . He finished up a Queens' Scout and then he went into Venturers before leaving, when he left, I left within 6 months as I felt I had done my bit. It was fun though.:D

I was not a boy scout but do like to prepare.

While my son went through all the levels, I was a Joey, cub and scout leader . He finished up a Queens' Scout and then he went into Venturers before leaving, when he left, I left within 6 months as I felt I had done my bit. It was fun though.:D

Well done Mic, great being a Volunteer. :halo: